PDA

View Full Version : Koc Database Errors...

Fay
15th March 2005, 02:19 PM
Ok, ppl help me out here, am I the only one having BIG BIG BIG BIG trouble with this? Once 20:00 European time my browser gives me a 100 times OR Database Error OR Forbidden OR could not find this page OR nothing at all... This has been going on since the start of age 4 , what can I do about it, what's being done about it ? I don't know but Koc is REALY slow to the previous age...

Fay

bob2005
15th March 2005, 02:24 PM
Yep...it's been like that for a while.

Disasterpieces
15th March 2005, 02:29 PM
Ok, ppl help me out here, am I the only one having BIG BIG BIG BIG trouble with this? Once 20:00 European time my browser gives me a 100 times OR Database Error OR Forbidden OR could not find this page OR nothing at all... This has been going on since the start of age 4 , what can I do about it, what's being done about it ? I don't know but Koc is REALY slow to the previous age...

Fay

Yep i get it all the time and its so frustrating! It normally happens when i repair weapons and buy weapons. And then after i try to go back or go to the site again, it comes up with "database error" and sometimes that lasts up to half an hour on and off.

Hope now you realised that you aren't the only one having these troubles :smile:

King_Of_Hearts
15th March 2005, 02:32 PM
You know that images containing the characters you have to type? Well thoes pics are slowing down the game to the point of the game crashing when ever there are to many peope on at once. It's not just you everyone is haveing the same problems.

PolarBearWY
15th March 2005, 02:45 PM
I'm sure that's the problem. There was no problem before they added all that crap, even after the start of Age 4. They need to trim up their safeguards. Protecting against automessaging is horsecrap. Someone was obviously on drugs for that decision... or maybe they just aren't that bright in the first place. Protecting from autosabbing is a bit over the top as well, though if some of the admin want to control chain sabbing, then the protection certainly helps guard against that. My personal favorite that gives me reason to nominate admin for the Darwin award in the anti-autoattack protection. #1, I was never aware autoattacking was a problem. #2, as per the rules of the game, we get 5 attacks a day per person. That's it. It's my right to attack someone 5 times if I want to. Why slow your servers down to turn a 30-second 5-attack ordeal into a 60-second 5-attack ordeal.?

bloodpirate
15th March 2005, 02:48 PM
If it is any comfort we are all experienceing the same problem. It sure makes for a ssllloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww game.

Arghhhh_SaD
15th March 2005, 02:52 PM
That is because some people made tools and put accounts in to it. This way alot of accounts could mass people in an extreme speed making sure that the attack gets totally co-ordinated and do maximum damage.

This is not human so it's not legal. I'm guessing it's a not a very big probem but the admins choose to do it so and we can't do nothing against it. The admins has made sure Buyers are out which is great!

Another thing is maybe they put in the attack pic to even out the time it takes to buy compared to how long it takes to attack. Imagine you're about to get a sell off from someone. You attack, get the gold and start buying, but you have to write. A person sees you and just attacks. You can lose alot of gold that way ;)

Cadawg
15th March 2005, 02:55 PM
Tha game is crashed out again

narut0
15th March 2005, 06:06 PM
I am only getting errors when I try to log in!!!! I wouldnt let me log in this morning just kept on saying data base error try again, i dont get many errors in the game

Fay
16th March 2005, 01:32 AM
I'm sure that's the problem. There was no problem before they added all that crap, even after the start of Age 4. They need to trim up their safeguards. Protecting against automessaging is horsecrap. Someone was obviously on drugs for that decision... or maybe they just aren't that bright in the first place. Protecting from autosabbing is a bit over the top as well, though if some of the admin want to control chain sabbing, then the protection certainly helps guard against that. My personal favorite that gives me reason to nominate admin for the Darwin award in the anti-autoattack protection. #1, I was never aware autoattacking was a problem. #2, as per the rules of the game, we get 5 attacks a day per person. That's it. It's my right to attack someone 5 times if I want to. Why slow your servers down to turn a 30-second 5-attack ordeal into a 60-second 5-attack ordeal.?

That's a good theory, but there must be something they can do about it... I mean at the end of age 3 KoC was 1 of my favourite time occupations, but with all the errors and stuff... Some times I loose 2.000.000 gold becouse I couldn't log in for a few hours. That s*cks!