PDA

View Full Version : losing sentries

pfj
15th March 2005, 05:07 AM
Does anyone know why i am losing sentries? Every day about 20 sentries dissapear:

Trained Attack Soldiers 11
Trained Attack Mercenaries 0
Trained Defense Soldiers 2
Trained Defense Mercenaries 0
Untrained Soldiers 0
Untrained Mercenaries 0
Spies 135
Sentries 4,994
Total Fighting Force 13

Deity
15th March 2005, 05:37 AM
Check the battle reports of battles you have lost (while defending) recently. You may see something like this -

xxx's forces attack and inflict xxxxx damage on your army!
Your army sustains 39 casualties!

39 Untrained Mercenaries were killed in action.
3 Sentries were killed in action.

Which would account for the fact you're losing sentries. I may be wrong here, but I believe you only lose sentries if you have actually lost a battle, if you successfully defended a battle, but still sustained casualties, these casualties will only be soldiers / mercenaries. This however, shouldn't be an issue taking into account your total fighting force, but the large amount of sentries you have are causing you to take sentry casualties due to undefended attacks against you.

pfj
15th March 2005, 06:21 AM
thx, you're right about the battle reports

theMatterist
16th March 2005, 03:27 AM
if you have more than about 1000 covert operatives then you will start losing covert operatives whenever you fail to defend an incoming attack.

:) matt

*->Static<-*
16th March 2005, 11:10 AM
Why do you even have +4000 sentries when you only have 13 men...?

I can understand it if you say that all those people have the best weapons, but I doubt this sinds you will not make such a massive amount of gold...

In any case just asking...

theMatterist
17th March 2005, 01:43 AM
covert operatives don't show as part of your Total Fighting Force.

also be keeping your visible army small fewer people people can attack you cos they're all bigger than you and also small players won't expect to get much money from you and won't chance attack you

pfj
17th March 2005, 03:51 AM
Static: wrong, all my people have a blackpowder missle or an invisibility shield. People don't attack me alot cause they wouldn't get much gold when their army is much bigger (or they don't expect me to have a lot of gold). I still get 80000 tbg which is high enough for me. I never loose soldiers in battle (excpet those sentries)

*->Static<-*
18th March 2005, 10:36 AM
ok good I was asking, not saying that you didn't have that. Doubting yes...

In anycase, the reason why you are losing so much sentries is because this is the highest rating of men you have. But if you keep your army at a low rate I will guess you will not lose massive amounts of men each day...

King_Of_Hearts
18th March 2005, 11:03 AM
if you have more than about 1000 covert operatives then you will start losing covert operatives whenever you fail to defend an incoming attack.

It's more like 4 or 5k. I've never lost any Sentries with over 2k of the sentries that I have.

STARBLASTER
19th March 2005, 02:36 AM
I had LESS than 1000 spies and 1000 sentries and kept losing a few while defending. Lost General soldiers, never any Trained Defense and usually 1 spy or sentry.

Which just raised an interesting question.
If you ONLY have Trained attack ( NO trained Defense ) , Spies and Sentries and NO untrained troops, would you lose any men at all during an attack on you ????

Zap
19th March 2005, 07:30 AM
I had LESS than 1000 spies and 1000 sentries and kept losing a few while defending. Lost General soldiers, never any Trained Defense and usually 1 spy or sentry.

Which just raised an interesting question.
If you ONLY have Trained attack ( NO trained Defense ) , Spies and Sentries and NO untrained troops, would you lose any men at all during an attack on you ????

the only thing you would lose then would be your spies and sentries since they always will be vulnerable to an attack

question(s) answered

*Thread Locked*