PDA

View Full Version : Spy ratings and stuff.

MONKINVASION
12th March 2005, 10:44 AM
Hey, this is the first age I've played, so I'm still kinda new to this spying thing. All i know is that every time i upgrade my spy level, my rating doubles. Does that mean that getting upgrading all the way and then getting grappling hooks and more spys is different from getting tools then upgrading all the way in terms of how large your rating is?

for example:

I am at level 6 spy level right now. If i get 10 hooks, then upgrade will my rating be higher than if i upgraded then got 10 hooks?

-thanx if you can help

EworTam
12th March 2005, 11:49 AM
Yeah what you say is true. E.G. Level 10s costs about 6mil, which is the equivalant of 60 grappling hooks. So if you have less than 60 grappling hooks then by buying upgrade and doubling your spy rating would be less effective than using the cash to buy 60 hooks.

MGC
12th March 2005, 12:02 PM
nah it doesnt matter,.. all tools and spys r recalculated when ya upgrade..
for instance.. say u have 1000 spys and u upgrade from level 9 to 10 then all spys r now worth 1024 spyrating.. not only the spys u got after upgrading to level 9

MONKINVASION
12th March 2005, 12:21 PM
thanx =) :biggrinki

EworTam
12th March 2005, 01:17 PM
nah it doesnt matter,.. all tools and spys r recalculated when ya upgrade..
for instance.. say u have 1000 spys and u upgrade from level 9 to 10 then all spys r now worth 1024 spyrating.. not only the spys u got after upgrading to level 9

No but for immediate effect on your spy rating, it's not worth upgrading unless you have enough spy rating (same goes for upgrading siege and fortification levels it aint worth buying a moat if you only have 10 ISs). But yeah long term it evens itself out, sorry if I confuddled anyone :rolleyes: )

xETx
12th March 2005, 05:58 PM
hooks are hooks

MONKINVASION
14th March 2005, 04:18 PM
excellent =)

theMatterist
15th March 2005, 01:12 AM
No but for immediate effect on your spy rating, it's not worth upgrading unless you have enough spy rating (same goes for upgrading siege and fortification levels it aint worth buying a moat if you only have 10 ISs). But yeah long term it evens itself out, sorry if I confuddled anyone)

upgrades are everything. while investing in upgrades may be less effective than say buying 10 Hooks you're never gonna get level 10 if you keep going like that and Spy only starts at level 10. anything less is useless.

:? matt