PDA

View Full Version : commanders?

moodyblu
11th March 2005, 10:15 AM
What is the benefit of having a commander? seriously, i,ve been offered "protection" from attack from people asking me to be in their alliance. I understand the clicking thing allright but the "protection" part of it seems to me like an empty promise. Commanders can't promise that you will be safe from random attackers. All they can do is attack the guy (or gal) who attacked their officer. the officer's money is GONE. Having said that I DO understand that random attacks ARE the game, so don't even bother pointing that out

Rapt0r-15
11th March 2005, 10:18 AM
Safety dance...
You can dance,
You can dance, join us :P

Stay on topic. This post is considered spam!~clone

moodyblu
11th March 2005, 10:20 AM
answer the bloody question...!!!

Rapt0r-15
11th March 2005, 10:21 AM
and of course there is a big benefit >>> 'protection' and your commander help you about everything :)

moodyblu
11th March 2005, 10:24 AM
and of course there is a big benefit >>> 'protection' and your commander help you about everything :)

but honestly... HOW. they cant stop random attacks from happening, and if they did, the entire game would become absurd

LightBlue
11th March 2005, 10:38 AM
the only real benefit to having a commander is that your uniqur link is in their command center, so, if they are a decent commander, they will give you a click every day. pretty exciting when you can have unit productions of 40 or 80 a day without much trouble.

Xer0n
11th March 2005, 11:44 AM
a good commander gives you help and advise on how to play the game. a good commander also helps you when you get sabotaged or farmed.. by either messaging the one who farms/sabs u or maybe sabs them back for you ;)

Bager
11th March 2005, 11:48 AM
most commanders help u get people to attack, and they can protect u -_-
if u have someone farming you, they can send a msg and most often the guy that farms stops.

joejoemo
11th March 2005, 12:44 PM
protection from people farming you,acess to great recruiters, some will give you selloffs when you need them, help you find good people to attack, if you become one of there more loyal officers they will start to give you officers, really nice ones will help you by clicking for you.

on a side note 50 posts woot woot woot lol I'm happy now nobody take me out of my happy place please lol.

laura_lover
11th March 2005, 07:21 PM
No commander can offer "protection" as SC showed last age when they did a chain sweep of PR (and any other chains/clans) but they do do pretty much everything else that has been mentioned so far. Heres the list of things mentioned:

1. Give advice/hints and tips on the game and what to do
2. Help out by sending messages to any trouble causers you might encounter asking them to stop whatever they're doing
3. Sabotage anyone who sabotages/farms you
4. Give sell-offs
5. Click for you on recruiters
6. Get you some officers

I know i do all those things whenever i can but that doesnt mean all commanders do, the first 4 things are the most common things for commanders to do (i think). :wave:

KingofBelegost
12th March 2005, 10:29 AM
I'd rather the person who sabbed me no go untouched, but that they get the crap sabbed out of them by my commander or alliance. Thats just me though.

moodyblu
13th March 2005, 01:31 PM
Thanx to all, you've made it a little clearer. I am now officialy looking for a commander...

KjeldoranRoyalGuard
4th April 2005, 12:13 PM
2. Help out by sending messages to any trouble causers you might encounter asking them to stop whatever they're doing
4. Give sell-offs
6. Get you some officers

Kinda talks about my commander :wub:

^^ That is exactly a commander

kaka duck
4th April 2005, 02:01 PM
i think the forums work better in regards to obtaining info. i know everything i learned from from the forums and from just experiencing the game.

[QUOTE=laura_lover]2. Help out by sending messages to any trouble causers you might encounter asking them to stop whatever they're doing
this, you can do on your own. there's not much difference between whether the msg comes from you or your commander; unless, of course, your commander plans on intimidating the individual.

public recruiters are available. so it makes no difference whether your commander clicks for you or not. as there will be many other people who will.

4. Give sell-offs
6. Get you some officers

this depends entirely on the commander and the size of the clan.

i think, the bigger the clan, the more officers your commander has, the less likely they're gonna lift a finger for you. and unless you get real close to the clan/commander, it's real unlikely that they'll do #4+#6.

a true commander (if you're in their alliance) will help you out regardless of whether you're in their chain or not. if all they want is for you to be under them, then you know they're selfish.

it's better to go at it alone when you first start or when you're lowly ranked. as you won't trouble yourself with all the drama and wars of the clans. and as you start to rise up to the top ranks is when you'd prolly have to start considering joining an alliance..

Monsuco
6th April 2005, 06:18 PM
Officers help their commander. Commanders can but don't have to help officers. For every 2 clicks an officer gets the commander gets 1.