PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage blues

eth
11th March 2005, 12:43 AM
My spies always keep getting killed during sabotage missions, even though i dont send in many spies. Thyre equipped with cloaks and ropes and stuff. My spy rating is quite decent, i think...i mean 198 isnt bad is it? plz help me.

Stephen
11th March 2005, 12:50 AM
My spy rating is about 10,000,000. So... well 198 isn't that high.

Also, you should only be sending 1 spy per mission. Any more and you are just asking for them to get killed. Sab only 1 item at a time for the best chance of success. And the smaller the weapons you sab, the better your chances of success.

eth
11th March 2005, 02:43 AM
Hey, i respect ur telling me and all, but i would just like ta clarify two things:
1. I always send one spy.
2. Whenthe enemy's best defenses include like dragonskin, who's gonna sabotage shields who make no difference whatsoever?

Oh yeah, I'm a midranker, so here, 198 is quite decent.

rtsk
11th March 2005, 02:50 AM
Well... don't go around boasting about it.

But feel free to boast once you reach the 9D9 club.

And you CANNOT sab larger weapons at all if your spy level is low and/or you have no grapplers and/or your raw spy is low.

eth
11th March 2005, 02:55 AM
Ok....thanks....do every1 of my spies need to have weapons?

rtsk
11th March 2005, 03:03 AM
You just need enough spies to hold all your weapons :D . This was a major problem for me at the end of age 3, I had 4500 grapplers and only 2500 spies (and I was losing spies rapidly)

eth
11th March 2005, 03:33 AM
and ur point is.....?

Next time only post when you have something to add to a thread

Mudkest
11th March 2005, 10:41 AM
his point is, if you got more tools then spies the excesive tools are useless?

Anyway figure I might as well sue this post for my sab question:
I tried to sab someones defence, so far without luck. I got about 10k spy rating, level 6 trained and a couple of ropes, dirks and hooks and 36 spies. I tried to sab 1 chainmail of someone with 331 sentry rating(level 4 skill, 3 operative and am awar of 1 tripwire, that's only sentry tool he has) and my spy got caught and executed :(
never had my spies being causht and executed before, and several sab attempts/recon missions ..
just how much more spy level/rating tehn your target do you need to be able to sab succesfull? or was I jsut unlucky with this?

LightBlue
11th March 2005, 10:47 AM
your little bickering in here just goes to prove my point: everything in KoC is extremely relative. to me, 198 is nothing, but 10,000,000 is a whole whole lot. Its all about who you are spying/attacking, where they are ranked, and what there stats are. thats why there is a rnaking system, to group together those with similar stats. on your question, the answer is that when you spy and especially when you sab, spies die. thats just the way it is. i have 20,000+ spy and i could spy on you and maybe not get through and my spy would die. theres a big randomness factor and spies just die, thats it.

xETx
11th March 2005, 05:33 PM
isentinel_chyms i replyed to some of ur posts ur a noob no offense a 198 spy rating is pathetic srry but its horrible u would b lucky to sab a stick if u were very very VERY lucky

xD00M
11th March 2005, 06:14 PM
Actually the "sab a stick" thing depends on spy level. But in general, ur right evan, 198 is kinda bad......e probably could sab sticks, and maybe knives, but nothing more.

eth
11th March 2005, 09:55 PM
isentinel_chyms i replyed to some of ur posts ur a noob no offense a 198 spy rating is pathetic srry but its horrible u would b lucky to sab a stick if u were very very VERY lucky
xETx, i dont count that as an offense, maybe i am a noob, but well, hey, i just started playing the game a week ago, i dont know much about the game. I guess, ur the only guy who ever gave me what i wanted in this post, thanks.

eth
12th March 2005, 09:33 PM
I believe this thread is no longer valid to proceed further as i have all my questions answered. So i'm closing this thread.