PDA

View Full Version : Help a noob

vanhaomena
9th March 2005, 09:30 AM
Hello everyone, I just started this game about 12 days ago, and I have a couple of questions.

1. How do autobuyers help you? Do they buy you items everytime you get enought money to prevent people stealing your gold? Pretty lame anyway..

2. I have never succeedeed in a sabotage mission. How good does your spy rating need to be to succeed in one?

3. When does the new age begin? I started this age late, so I have unfortunately no chance to compete with the top players.

4. What's the point in getting angry if someone steals your gold? LOL

5. What's the point in autoclickers? Somebody told me they are totally legal but they seem to break the rules and they also look like very LAME. What's the point in using a program to play for you? I prefer playing myself.

Ok that's it, don't call me a noob or anything, I have played plenty of turn-based strategy games before so I am a quick learner. Yeah, and is a placement of 13000 good after 12 days?

~Van

Danielf
9th March 2005, 09:44 AM
1) yes
2) your spy rating just has to be good compared to who you are trying to sabotage.
3) you haven't started that late, and don't disillusion yourself with hopes of the top ranks - many of those ranked highly are backed by strong, large alliances. many of those in the alliances click as well. im not saying you couldnt get into them (13000 is good for just 12 days), but as you actually havent started that late at all, you have as much chance now as you ever will. the new age might be half a year or longer away. no-one knows.
4) it's understandable that someone would be annoyed if they nearly had enough to upgrade and it got stolen, or countless other situations.

whirlwind
9th March 2005, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone, I just started this game about 12 days ago, and I have a couple of questions.

1. How do autobuyers help you? Do they buy you items everytime you get enought money to prevent people stealing your gold? Pretty lame anyway..

2. I have never succeedeed in a sabotage mission. How good does your spy rating need to be to succeed in one?

3. When does the new age begin? I started this age late, so I have unfortunately no chance to compete with the top players.

4. What's the point in getting angry if someone steals your gold? LOL

5. What's the point in autoclickers? Somebody told me they are totally legal but they seem to break the rules and they also look like very LAME. What's the point in using a program to play for you? I prefer playing myself.

Ok that's it, don't call me a noob or anything, I have played plenty of turn-based strategy games before so I am a quick learner. Yeah, and is a placement of 13000 good after 12 days?

~Van

1) Autobuyers dont work any more, and they ruined the game when they did, nothing further to say on that.

2) Your spy needs to be near their sentury and you need a high spy level.

3)THe new age started less than 3 weeks ago. To be honest, you aint got a hope in hell of competing with the top players anyway, you need 100's of officers to do so.

4)Its only a game

5)They aint legal, you get banned for em, and your right, what is the point, there is plenty of really fast manual ones anyway..

Yea oyu got a good rank, keep building

Blitz
9th March 2005, 09:52 AM
1. Autobuyers do pretty much just that, and are highly illegal. The captcha images that the admins added currently prevent autobuyers and other automated programs, which were major problems, especially last age.

2. It's not a matter of how good your spies are, so much as it is how lousy the sentry is of the person you're up against. If you can see their gold, and you keep trying, then you should probably be able to sabotage them...In fact, that's hardly necessary. Just as long as your spy is in the same range as their sentry, you should be able to succeed part of the time...Although sabotage should only be used in extreme cases, unless you want to get sabotaged back to nothing yourself. ;)

3. You've been playing 12 days? You started at the beginning...Ages usually last 6-7 months. Also, unless you're a quite serious player, you have 0 chance of competing with the top players (as in the top 100 or so). It is very possible to get into the top 1000, and even the top 500, if you get on some good recruiters and put in an hour or so a day on clicking (provided you have a good connection). Also, joining a reputable alliance will be able to answer your questions honestly and give you advice, and in-game help, which can make a huge difference. :)

It is possible to get into the top 500 without an alliance or good commander, but it can only be done by those who have incredible skills...Nearly impossible, really.

4. No point really, but I still get pissed. :-P I wake up every 3 turns at night to spend my gold, for example, so it is annoying when someone steals it 10 minutes before I log in.

13,000 is better than nearly 90% of players out there. You really have to make your own goals...It's hard to say based on rank alone, really. I finished about 3,000 in Age 2, reached the top 500 in Age 3 Beta and Age 3 for a month or two (real life then interfered) and my goal is top 50 this age (Currently ranked about 100, with a long-term strategy which has kept my rank down a bit). So, it really depends on you, how much time you're putting in, and how much help you're getting, in determining how well you are really doing, and setting a reasonable goal. If you really apply yourself, you could reach the top 1000, but that requires clicking a fair amount, and checking your account every 2-3 hours, to make sure you lose as little gold as possible. :)

Moved to the Barracks.

Zap
9th March 2005, 09:53 AM
1) yes they help you, but it is cheating
2) like Danielf said
3) this age started 2-3 weeks ago and an age last 6 months aprrox
4) hehe, ask those who does get angry :)
5) I don't use them because it is not allowed

and good luck in KoC :)

hmm :P both WW and blitz very much faster than me, guess the started to answer these questions before I did :tongue:

Monsuco
9th March 2005, 04:03 PM
Auto anything automaticly does stuff for you. It is cheating. That is what the codes and stuff are for. As for sabbing you don't have to be good at spying, just better than the victem

vanhaomena
10th March 2005, 01:49 AM
Ahh.. I don't think I will play this game anymore, if you need other people to help you to get to high rankings. I rather play games that you can win by YOUR skill, not by other people's aid. Top 1000 would be so lame :P Also this game is very simple, it's easy to calculate which weapon/siege combo is the most effective and so on.

Phyrus
10th March 2005, 02:33 AM
Ahh.. I don't think I will play this game anymore, if you need other people to help you to get to high rankings. I rather play games that you can win by YOUR skill, not by other people's aid. Top 1000 would be so lame :P Also this game is very simple, it's easy to calculate which weapon/siege combo is the most effective and so on.

you dont need help from others to get a good rank, the problem is these days people emphasis the point of "helping friends/officers/commanders" too much to the extent that people rely on them. there are alot of people who play independently mind you

Lord_Zeus
10th March 2005, 03:13 AM
yes, there are many who play alone.

Denny
10th March 2005, 03:46 AM
The highest ranks in this game tend to reward "YOUR skill" in building an alliance, rather than your skill in just playing the game itself. It's still a scoring system which rewards hard work on your part, just in a different area of gameplay. *shrug*

rtsk
10th March 2005, 04:06 AM
Yes, and much less hard work than otherwise if you have loyal people near you who know at least rudimentary programming. :P

eth
11th March 2005, 08:10 AM
13000 in 12 days? You rock. I have played for a week, and have the ranks of 28000-30000. How can u do that and call urself a noob?

The Truth
11th March 2005, 08:30 AM
Most people that play alone, like myself, intentionally lower ranks by not investing anything in one facility. Generally, this means that a player won't have any offense, or any defense, or any spy rating (although anyone who doesn't invest heavily in sentries is a fool, IMO). Because of this, modest ratings in all four categories can deliver you a damned respectable rating pretty quickly.

And 13,000 is pretty damned good.

King_arthur1234
11th March 2005, 10:01 AM
Hey you rock, because reaching in the 13,000's in 12 days is great! . I have played for a week or so but i have reached the 29,000's to 30,000's or so. what is the reason behind your success.

vanhaomena
11th March 2005, 12:56 PM
Well, this is not the first turn-based strategy I have played..But in this game I am a noob.

And also who is the highest ranked independent player you guys know? And btw I'll stay for a little bit longer, I'll just fool around sabotaging other people and ruining their lives :D

Heh it looks like I'm gaining extra 1000 placements every day :P I don't really think there is more than maybe 10 or 20 thousand active players here.. Does your account get deleted automatically if you don't log on in a certain period of time?

A new newb question: If you sabotage someone, is there any way for him to fix the sabotaged item? Or is it gone forever? I hope it's gone forever.. muahaha

Watch out, everyone with low.. HMM does sentry rating prevent sabotaging? Or is it spy rating that matters? But well everyone with low ***** rating you'd better watch out :) I'll then start playing "well" when the new age begins.

Oh and one more question. I always fail my covert operations if I send more than 1 spy. My covert skill is 7, and my spy rating is roughly 60 thousand, growing larger pretty quickly. When is it wise to send more than 1 spy, and how does it actually help?

The only thing that bothers me in this game is that you NEED to get people to click for you. I have no idea how the top people would've gotten 100k's of soldiers just by themselves. Well, then my aim is to be the best non-commander :) What are my realistic chances without being in an alliance? Top 500 if I play perfectly?

eth
11th March 2005, 09:46 PM
I guess ur chances are substantial. Ive never been that high, but i guess above 100, its gotta be better to stay in an alliance, indivisual chances are high, but the soldier turnover in an alliance cause them to be the elites.

King_arthur1234
12th March 2005, 10:56 AM
Hey you dont need to wait until the next age, i think you can go higher than this in this age itself, robbing ppl who have a lot of gold is pretty good way of working up the ladder because i am using it :D

vanhaomena
13th March 2005, 12:04 AM
Umm.. The point in this game IS robbing gold, right? And no, I can't go that high this age.. Next age I'll join the best alliance and try to win.

Gudsforladt
13th March 2005, 12:35 AM
best allience eh? It 12000 is quite good for the begining...... but keeping its a differant story as this point in the age most armories are tiny compared to the end of last age, for example at this point in the game a SA of say 10mil would get u in the top 1000 easy but near the end of the age people with 10mil SA would be like 15k ....

riddle
13th March 2005, 01:21 AM
actually i think if you download some of the clickers you will be able to go much further than 12000 or even 1200 very quickly even without an alliance.
note that you do not need to be in an alliance to use most of the recruiters and for some it may even help to not be in an alliance (i was just banned from cw for being in des :(

of course having officers is necessary to reach top 100 or maybe even 200 but it is not necessary to join an alliance, program anything, or even have a high rank to recruit. i have noticed many mini alliances in the low rankings when i try to recruit and while most are not too active (not high rank) some do very well.

p.s. i also started this age (on the second day) and have gone as high as 1000 in rank. now i am trying to stay down while i get my # soldiers/spies to where i want

jason
13th March 2005, 02:19 AM
i got a couple of question want to ask,1st how many unit production do you get per day?since you said :My covert skill is 7, and my spy rating is roughly 60 thousand,you stats for your spy should be less than 5k,its must be the higher stats in your rank compare to others rite?2nd,which one is your 2nd higher rank in your stats?your attack rank or your defence rank,because even if your production unit is 40 per day,you need a very good defence for avoid someone taking your money before you using them.In another way,if your unit production is low,you must have a very good attack ranks to get others money.the best for me to get in an attack is 500k in this age.is it you are a good clicker?but for your situation,you must have a pretty good sentry for avoid someone sabb you to ground since you have so many enermies want to revenge for them lost.finally,if all your stats is good enough,you rank shouldnt be this low.for me,im never click in the game,i have just 5 bmp and 3 IS,and my total army forces in the game is 55.5 for attack,5 for defences,22 for spy and 23 for sentry.no untrain soldier.unit production per day is just upgrade to 10 and i gain 14k for my rank.

riddle
13th March 2005, 02:35 AM
refer to the pillage formula for how much gold you will get when attacking, there are other factors besides army size and strenght that go into it.

regarding how rank is calculated (i think thats what your post meant) having 1 very strong stat (or 2) and the others relatively weak will keep your rank down. since spies/sentries produce tbg some people have tens of thousands of those and only a few soldiers this means attacking gives more gold and it is hard to judge from the ranking page the strength of these armies. (there are a few threads on relative merits of small army sizes on here as well)
also i would suggest you not post your stats on the forums, it invites attacks,

cheers

vanhaomena
13th March 2005, 03:36 AM
I have 40 units/day

My SA is ~700,000 - Rank 9000
Spy rating is 70,000, Rank 9000 as well..

Def and sentry are somewhere around 20k. I don't really care about them, because I never have more than 200k money when I log in. I guess this doesn't invite attacks.. Who would want to waste 15 attack turns for some rubbish 100k?

I have never used a clicker or anything, I have tried to download them but it doesn't work. Also I changed my commander twice this age, when I was a total noob, so now I can't get a commander. Is it possible that I would still get officers?

rtsk
13th March 2005, 03:49 AM
As high as... :P

Well... my top rank so far was sub-200. Before some noob goes after me... I'm hiding in the ranks.

:P

I'm in an alliance, but fairly low down, and most of my men are from me clicking (notice the 23000 covert ops, not the small TFF)