PDA

View Full Version : Dragonriders recruitment (closes 3/15)

Paradise Wandering
8th March 2005, 08:50 PM
Draco, make the first post.

For the BA, and closes the fifteenth of march.

Draco
8th March 2005, 08:57 PM
THIS IS A RECRUITMENT THREAD (duh).

Two days ago, you received a note inviting you to join a clan called the DragonRiders. But as you reach the place you were told to meet, you see only a bare cliff face. As you move closer, investigating it, the cliff face begins to waver, then suddenly disappear. In it's place a similar cliff can be seen, but now there's a large cave in it. You walk in.

As you walk down a long hall, you see marble statue of a dragon on each side, guarding a large cavern. As you try to enter, they cross their tails in front of the entrance and ask:

"What is your name, and what is your business with Tim, leader of the DragonRiders?"

OoC: State your character's name so I can add him to the list. And remember: please try to stay IC.

---------------------------------------------------

Clan Buisness:

09/04/04: NGUA is up, and the clan has been revived!

Jobs:

Organizer: Someone who organizes quests/FFA's, etc... they basically promote the event, making sure people come to it, that the thread is made, etc...

Researcher: Someone who thinks of things, like actual ideas for quests, clan histories and such, and provides with new ideas, like what I'm doing right now.

Participant: Just a guy who sits around and is in the clan, participates and stuff. Most people would be this.

Class:

Depends on your character, and affects your armory capacity.

Fighter: They use swords, etc.
Mage: They use magic, etc.
Dualist: Combination of Magic and Fighting.

Wyrmling: The lowest rank, usually a new member who hasn't done much.

Apprentice: The second lowest rank, showing the member has proved him or herself, but is still new. Most members will be this for quite some time.

Warrior: A more advanced member, who has proven themselves over and over in quests and battles, and has general power over the lower ranks.

Commander: Second in power only to the Leader, this is the oldest, most experienced, etc... member, and is basically a less powerful form of the leader.

How you advance Ranks?

Points are a main part of how you advance. The higher-ups ((Commander/Leader)) will approve your advance, to make sure you're not just some bum who randomly gets points somehow. Also, you can't advance straight from Wyrmling to Commander, you have to purchase the next rank up before you can advance.

Wyrmling: 200 pts
Apprentice: 750 pts
Warrior: 1250 pts
Commander: 2000 pts
Leader: Selected by current leader, when current leader retires.

When you advance, you lose your points, as if you had "spent" them.

Leader:

Draco (Tim [duelist, leader], 2000 points)

Commanders:

Fatbreadstick (Bread [dualist, researcher], 500 points)
Zach (Zach [dualist, organizer], 200 points)
Shade (Shade, Mantis [mage, participant], 200 points)

Warriors:

Apprentices:

Wyrmlings:

DragonsPhyre (DragonsPhyre [dualist, researcher], 200 points)
Earendil (Kanasu [fighter, researcher], 600 points)
Vinny (Takashi [fighter, organizer], 200 points)
Pustolio (Shinriko [dualist, researcher], 200 points)
Crono (Rayne [dualist, researcher], 200 points)

Rules:

The rules for the clan are simple. In addition to the normal BA rules, there's:

* No disrespecting other peoples' opinions
* Try to stay in character
* Must be a fairly good RPer
* No unrelated crap

Points are awarded for:

* Posting in a quest/FFA (1-25 points per post, depending on the quality of the post)
* Sticking with a quest/FFA till the end (150 points and commitment raise)
* Submitting a good idea (50-400 and commitment raise, depending on the idea)
* Recruiting others (150 points)
* Other stuff (varies widely)

Points are taken away for:

* Spam, breaking clan rules (-75 points and commitment lower the first time, -1 rank and/or up to -100 points and commitment lower every time after that, depending on the severity)
* Breaking one of GUA's rules (varies depending on the severity of the breach)
* Quitting a clan quest/FFA (-25 points and commitment lower)

ArchedEdge
9th March 2005, 07:55 AM
Zealot walked forth, into the hall, but was stopped when the marble statues of dragons dropped their tails into his path.

"What is your name, and what is your business with Tim, leader of the DragonRiders?"

Zealot took a deep breath and spoke,

"My name is Zealot, and I come to join the clan of the Dragon Riders, led by my old friend Tim." And he waited.

Paradise Wandering
9th March 2005, 07:59 AM
I don't have time to make a good RP post, but I am simply posting here to let you know that I'm still in, Draco.

Draco
9th March 2005, 06:07 PM
The dragons kept their tails crossed, as Tim walked into the hallway. He motioned to the stone dragons, who returned to a docile state.

"Sorry about that, old friend," he said. "Some minor precautions . . . we've caught wind of a plan to destroy our little encalve here . . . but enough small talk. Come in, come in.

Shade
10th March 2005, 03:43 PM
Shade, Mantis, Mantidae, and Jade come into the room. Shade, with her perfect face, is dressed in her normal white dress. Mantis is dressed in her usual jumpsuit and helmet, with antennae sticking out from her head. Mantidae is hunched over, as always, no one could ever get her kind to stand upright--not that she cares---and chirps in greeting. Jade, a silver draike atop Shade's shoulder, also chirps in greeting.

Shade smiles widely at Tim, not having heard the comment before. "May we come in?"

OOC: I'm in, that is if you'll still have me here.

ArchedEdge
11th March 2005, 01:43 AM
Zealot smiled at Tim, and walked into the enclave, gazing at the hall. A sound behind him prompted him to turn around,

"Shade! Mantis! Mantidae! It's good to see you again!"

He walked towards them and extended a hand of greeting, his face blushing slightly as he remembered when he last saw them, leaving them to fight by themselves so he could attend to some other business.

Draco
11th March 2005, 11:07 AM
Tim grinned as he heard Shade approach and ask if she may come in.

"But of course," he said. "Both of you, please, come in." Tim walked into the main cave and sat down next to a table. "Would any of you like some tea?" he asked.

Pustolio
11th March 2005, 01:46 PM
OOC: I suppose I am still in here; if thats alright. This post gonna be short; a bit low on time at the moment.

A cheerful whistling echoed off the walls of the clan headquater's cave opening; the familiar red garbed form of Shinriko pacing his way past the illusionary wall. He casually strolled, his footsteps giving off little sound as Shinriko was using "foxwalking." Perched on the warrior's shoulder, a small black draike twittered his body with every passing second; with the form of a second figure with wings keeping a steady distance behind the first two newcomers. The trio moved a few more paces forward, halting before the pair of stone dragons, uttering a fierce cry:

"Shinriko. And this is Izra'il and Shadow. I have come to return to the ranks of DragonRiders. These two are joining as well."

The grinding sound of stone scraping against stone filled the cavern, as the two tails drew away leaving an open path for the three travelers. Shinriko simply smiled, keeping an air of calmness around him; with Shadow continuing with his antics of high-energy. The black angel remained emotionless beneath his skullish mask; slowing down his pace for reasons unknown. The crimson-eyed warrior knew this was normal behavior for the angel, commencing his entrance in the main cavern hall.

"Hello everyone. It's been quite a while... but I'm back."

Luceo
12th March 2005, 02:34 AM
ooc: is this an open clan? (everybody can join?)

ic:

As you walk down a long hall, you see marble statue of a dragon on each side, guarding a large cavern. As you try to enter, they cross their tails in front of the entrance and ask:

Only Senna knew what his planes are, and so he answered the dragons:

My name is Senna, i am a freelander and i want to speak with master Tim about joining the Guild"

Draco
12th March 2005, 05:35 PM
Tim grinned as an old friend of his entered the cave, and was stopped by the dragons.

"If the two of you will excuse me for a moment. . . ." he said. He left the cave and went to where Shinriko and the other few were waiting by the dragons.

"Greetings, Shinriko," he said. "Who're the friends you brought with you?"

Luceo
15th March 2005, 10:31 AM
Sorry for not ic but can i become a member or not? I havent received a direct answer.

Draco
15th March 2005, 01:09 PM
Tim turned his attnetion to the latest arrival, not recognizing his face.

"Ah, hello," he said. "You wish to become a DragonRider?"

OoC: Sorry, I was hoping the others would reply, but I guess not. . . .

Pustolio
15th March 2005, 01:28 PM
OOC: Sry to you Draco and to you Lost Hope for the delay. Usual stuff as usual. >.< Spring break, Ill assure you Ill def. have some free time. Any quests ideas in action so far?

And hello to you Lost Hope! YAAAAAAY! NEW MEMBER! WHEEEEEE!

IC: "Greetings, Shinriko... Who're the friends you brought with you?"

"Long time no see, Tim, my friend," Shinriko said in respectable reply; an insanely wide grin spread on his face. "My friends? This is my black draike, Shadow... Brings up interesting memories, eh? Heh heh... no worries bout this one. He's quite friendly, especially with Jade. And as for this big fellow over here! The notorious Black Angel, Izra'il Xel'ghast! He is a quiet one, indeed..." The angel gave a dirty look at Shinriko's humor- in which the Angel saw absolutely no traces of humor within it, in the first place. He simply gave a very suttle nod to Tim- returning to his regular state of brooding. "Don't mind him. He's like this all the time," Shinriko reassured Tim.

My name is Senna, i am a freelander and i want to speak with master Tim about joining the Guild"

"I have little authority over judging the qualities of a newcomer; but nonethless, welcome!"

The black draike, Shadow, quickly halted his jittery movements, shouting quite loud: "HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Izra'il: "..."

Shinriko, with amused grin: "Haha. Dont mind these two."

I'm counting five members (excluding Draco)... And today is the fifteenth, so... Tough luck guys. Wish you guys made it. - Legion

Sorry Draco... I wish this clan had made it. -- Zach