PDA

View Full Version : sab proof weapons

greengimp
8th March 2005, 02:25 PM
I thought it would be cool to add a sab proof weapon. Unlike the rest of the weapons it would not be able to be destroyed by sabbatage but there would also be drawbacks to this weapon. Give it a strenght of say 5,000 which is less than the IS but more than the Dragonskin. Now make this weapon cost say 2 million dollars. This would give a player at least a sound defensive base because no matter how much they got sabbed they would still have some defense. The obvious drawback is that there would be no way that you could keep your defense on par with everyone elses if you only bought this weapon because it would just cost too much but it would at least insure that you could never be hurt too badly. The same thing could also be done for offensive weapons.

greengimp

GreenArrow
8th March 2005, 08:14 PM
you know, that idea seems really practical, but for some reason it's just never gonna happen. I like it alot though don't get me wrong, but I just don't see the admins (or the KoC community) really caring that much about something like this. Good idea though.

I'll give you a rep point.

lsfamily
8th March 2005, 11:02 PM
that sounds like a good idea, but then a player with more gold can keep buying his weapon and build a large unsabbeble DA. so the ppl that can be sabbed will be more lower in rank, because they don't have the gold (=army size) to buy this weapon.

also this could help those pesky spy accounts bent on sabbing others. as they will now have a good DA to protext their spies!

well that's the bad side of it...someone think of the good points will ya

Mishkle
8th March 2005, 11:11 PM
It would make people with Large incomes invincible. I like it as well, but it would make it very unfair for those who do not have large incomes.

Laudimir
8th March 2005, 11:14 PM
Why not have different ranks of unsabbable weapons? If you have a decent weapon with a strength of 5k, why not have weaker levels of weapons so that people with lesser incomes can afford them, too? Still be extremely expensive, but it would make it more fair.

Phyrus
8th March 2005, 11:41 PM
wont work, wont integrate well with current way the game runs, will be abused to much by players who earn alot of tbg, plain no. original and unique idea but no.

sLyFoX
9th March 2005, 01:10 AM
its a good idea but people high up the ranks with sentry wouldnt need to bother with it...they wouldnt get sabbed by many people so they can buy the best weapons

Monsuco
9th March 2005, 04:42 PM
Interesting. I think that would be good. Mabe you could upgrade a weapon to sab proof it.

xD00M
9th March 2005, 06:49 PM
I dont really like it. The rich people will buy loads of these making sabotage useless.

kgreen10
9th March 2005, 07:06 PM
it wont happen like it but wont happen

SataiDelenn
10th March 2005, 02:08 AM
Well, TECHNICALLY there already are sab proof weapons. They just aren't attack or defense weapons...... they're spy and sentry weapons. These are unsabbable (hence their lower resale value).....

Gudsforladt
13th March 2005, 04:14 AM
yeah thats mostly to prevent banking. This would be a good idea but thats what sentries are for in the first place

mr-r
2nd April 2005, 02:00 AM
Good Idea But what about if it was as strong as the IS For About 2.5 mill.you have to tell that to the administors.

Or Threre was an convert level 11 -13
And even maximised Per day :whistilin

20,000 weapon 1.5 mill

Pain4
2nd April 2005, 04:09 AM
Interesting. I think that would be good. Mabe you could upgrade a weapon to sab proof it.

I prefer this idea more than the original idea. I`d still buy BPM and IS because 2 mill is a lot of money just for a weapon with 5,000 strength.

remakaru
2nd April 2005, 04:32 AM
how about you have the unsbbable weapons like mercenaries, you can only own a certain amount? but instead of 1 for every 3 what if it was a bit larger like one for every ten, where ten is the amount of weapons past the cost of 5000 or so gold?

eth
2nd April 2005, 05:08 AM
Dont get me wrong, but I too dont think this can go forward. If someone like denny and lordsriker arm themselves with sab-proof weapons only, wel...that could spell disaster. Not that they are evil or anything, but the they'll be invincible. and no one wants that.

remakaru
2nd April 2005, 11:46 AM
Dont get me wrong, but I too dont think this can go forward. If someone like denny and lordsriker arm themselves with sab-proof weapons only, wel...that could spell disaster. Not that they are evil or anything, but the they'll be invincible. and no one wants that.

Im just coming up with ideas. it sounds good but i get your point dennny and LD would become even stronger which is something they dont neccesarily need to do anymore (at least from me anyway).