PDA

View Full Version : announcements

variationpwnz
8th March 2005, 12:47 AM
why aren't the admins making announcements about what they're doing?
everybody was pissed about the new security CAPTCHA system, but later I heard it was just temporary. Well why don't they say these things at the "home" page?

Jedi
8th March 2005, 01:47 AM
If you could recall nmeyer did make a suggestion asking public opinions on how Age 4 should begin:

1. Age 4 begins immediately, with hiccups along the way, server down etc.

2. Age 4 begins this summer, with all the major improvements.

Most people choose the first option so at least they can provide feedback via GUA. I guess you are right making announcement on the main page, but I believe it's already there. - "Improved countermeasures against autobuyers".

Zap
8th March 2005, 01:56 AM
they did make it clear that they where going to do something with the cheating problem, and there was much talking about a CAPTCHA system

but also when most of us wished the new age should begin ASAP we also took the risk of getting a few bugs in the system because they would add new improvements as the game was running

I am sure the situation will improve or I hope so

SataiDelenn
8th March 2005, 02:46 AM
Yep. This is true. I opted for waiting till summer when the admins could put more work and time into the game instead of rushing to get a new age up, but I was severely outvoted in the polls, so, here we are..... New age, LOTS of bugs. People who voted for a new age to begin now really have no right to complain. They got what they wanted. It just has some bugs and stuff.To me it is very reminiscent of the problems during age 2 when the site kept going down for maintenance.

EworTam
8th March 2005, 04:42 AM
why aren't the admins making announcements about what they're doing?
everybody was pissed about the new security CAPTCHA system, but later I heard it was just temporary. Well why don't they say these things at the "home" page?

How can not telling you about it on the home page make a difference?

Like - "Hey, before you log in, we just want to tell you there will be image verification in the armory page" - when you could just log in and find out anyway. The only reason anyone can be annoyed about it is if they had they lovely little autobanker ready to log-in and buy weapons for them - and when later they ACTUALLY logged in they find that there little cheat machine didn't work. Well in that case I think it's hilarious and I wish I could have seen the little cheaters' faces.

variationpwnz
9th March 2005, 02:15 AM
I hate tha captcha because it takes to much time, but if they would've said on the frontpage that it was only temporary I wouldn't have spammed this place with: I HATE THE CAPTCHA.