PDA

View Full Version : Money Q.

Alucardarg
7th March 2005, 11:58 PM
Its very probable that somethought of this before, but:

Is it a good idea to save money via buying unnecessary tools, and then selling them for 75% of whatcha paid as a method of not getting attacked for money for very expensive upgrades?

I have 6k soldiers, its not a log but im rising slowly from a rank of 4683 (First age i played, i played last 10 days of 3. Dont think its that bad) but the thing is even if i raise defense over 1 million or something, and sentry over 200k, i still get kicked the moment i hit 2kk or something, which makes it very difficult to harvest enough for upgrades.... is this a good way to get to tha money, or is there something im not hinking bout?

Deathwantsme
8th March 2005, 12:31 AM
Yes, many people do this, its called banking. There were and still are a few programs that automaticaly do this for you when you get enough gold so that you rarely get attacked. If you bank it is best to use attack weapons so that if you get sabbed and someone sabs yor defense then attacks you, you dont lose your banked goods. Most people use knives because it is very easy to figure out how many you can buy but the weapon doesnt matte becasue you get 75% from any of them.

Kirin
8th March 2005, 12:36 AM
Yes, many people do this, its called banking. There were and still are a few programs that automaticaly do this for you when you get enough gold so that you rarely get attacked.
I am not accusing anybody of cheating,But as far as I know,thats cheating.

EworTam
8th March 2005, 12:52 AM
Doing it with an automated program is cheating, but Im sure they dont work anymore what with the image verification in the Armory.

But yes otherwise it is a great tactic. I got my level 10 coverts a few days ago, and there was no way I could hold 6 million gold without being attacked so I just bought 8000 knives!

Alucardarg
8th March 2005, 01:40 AM
So, basically, you sacrifice 25% of your cash in exchange for the impossibility of it being stolen... sounds like a good deal to me.

theMatterist
8th March 2005, 01:51 AM
yeah. pretty much everyone does it.

the image verification virtually makes getting high level upgrades impossible any other way.

also, do your selling at 5 past the hour while rankings are being updated so you won't get attacked while you're doing it...

:) matt

Deathwantsme
8th March 2005, 06:26 AM
The programs that automaticaly buy weapons are VERY illegal and hated by players who dont use them. Thats the biggest reason that the image verifacation is on almost every page. I have heard there are at least two out there that work with the new system, so hopefully the admins change it again to make programers need to re do there auto crap to keep it working.

beebob2uk
8th March 2005, 07:24 AM
Deathwantsme: if you know of ANYONE using an AB, email the admins about it,
and sound professional ;)
get the cheaters out of the game and level the playing field for all of us :)

~bee

nuclear_energy
9th April 2005, 08:57 PM
can you bank for others??

DyCyn
9th April 2005, 09:55 PM
Nope, doing that is in violation of the following rules:

Registering or having control of more than one account
Sharing passwords with other people and logging into accounts that are not yours

Shadowfox
10th April 2005, 01:04 AM
This is O L D news :)

Glad you mentioned it though ... maybe the newbs didn't know this :)

zealot
10th April 2005, 04:41 AM
We didn't ;)

lin-tse
10th April 2005, 05:00 AM
I know this is quite an old thread, but I thought I ought to point out that there isn't a rankings update at five past the hour any more, and hasn't been since the start of this Age. Due to server problems, if you try selling your banked weapons at that time your browser is more likely to hit an error message (Page Cannot Be Displayed, or similar) and you'll potentially have your gold stolen from you. There are far fewer server problems now than at the start of the Age, but they do still happen quite a lot at "rank update" time.

So, try to sell banked weapons for upgrades or bigger weapons at any other time apart from five minutes past the hour (or even the turn at thirty-five minutes past the hour - I've encountered problems then, too, when trying to spend my gold).

Lin
x

kaka duck
10th April 2005, 01:51 PM
I know this is quite an old thread, but I thought I ought to point out that there isn't a rankings update at five past the hour any more, and hasn't been since the start of this Age. Due to server problems, if you try selling your banked weapons at that time your browser is more likely to hit an error message (Page Cannot Be Displayed, or similar) and you'll potentially have your gold stolen from you.

good mentioning.

it was odd that i heard everyone on this forum suggesting to buy/sell at rankings update .. when, every time at rankings update, koc would just freeze up or give an error message for a few minutes..

the way that i always did an upgrade was just to open 2 separate windows -- one selling, the other buying.

smart_side
11th April 2005, 06:40 AM
There is another solution if you want to buy upgrades which are not too expensive: You look for people with a lot of money and make a list of their nickname. Once you got a list of people with a lower DA than you SA, you attack then all in a couple of minutes. 5 minutes should do it.

It's a little bit risky, because someone could steal your fresh gold, but at least you don't have to pay 25%.

It's the strategy i used until now, to buy until level 10 of spy. The only problem is that you need to save a lot of turn.

Pain4
11th April 2005, 07:10 AM
There is another solution if you want to buy upgrades which are not too expensive: You look for people with a lot of money and make a list of their nickname. Once you got a list of people with a lower DA than you SA, you attack then all in a couple of minutes. 5 minutes should do it.

It's a little bit risky, because someone could steal your fresh gold, but at least you don't have to pay 25%.

It's the strategy i used until now, to buy until level 10 of spy. The only problem is that you need to save a lot of turn.

Yerr but by the time you have compiled a list of rich people with a low DA then the chances are that sum1 else has stolen the money b4 u, or the person has spent the money.

akakak
11th April 2005, 11:26 PM
im gonna start doing that! good idea! heh... dont they have a thing that STOPS auto buyers though?

kaka duck
11th April 2005, 11:40 PM

this strategy usually only works for the lower level upgrades.

i use to do the same when i first started out. open 6-7 windows that are ready for attacking.. and then another extra window to purchase an upgrade.

this works all almost well, except with the recent captchas, it does delay you a bit -- thus, posing a bit more of a risk. but altogether still not a bad idea.

however, for the safer alternative, it's always best to bank..

im gonna start doing that! good idea! heh... dont they have a thing that STOPS auto buyers though?

hah..hey, kakak.. looks like ur almost jocking my name! >=b

killermenace
12th April 2005, 12:50 AM

Banking for others has a relative meaning.
It can mean logging in on someone elses account(which is Illegal), but you can also see it as banking on your account, and then selling off everything to a friends account.(which is legal) :D

Alucardarg
12th April 2005, 01:45 AM
Logging into someone elseīs account is illegal? how can they even prove that? i dont think thatīs fair at all, not because of the idea but because of this practice... i log on to my account from like 6 or 7 different ips a day, several of these are owners of another koc account... how would they know its me and not them?

kaka duck
12th April 2005, 08:14 AM
i log on to my account from like 6 or 7 different ips a day, several of these are owners of another koc account... how would they know its me and not them?

which is why they don't readily enforce it..

Logging into someone elseīs account is illegal? how can they even prove that? i dont think thatīs fair at all, not because of the idea but because of this practice...

obviously, this isn't such a large problem as others. however, it still begs to be that it is deemed unfair by many.