PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence Files Idea

Mishkle
7th March 2005, 10:40 PM
Well,
As you all most likely know, intelligence files for users are listed at the time and date of when they were carried out. I think this works great at the moment. BUT, I think it would be nice if we could get a stacked intelligence file system working.

Example:
I spy on my friend called "Joe" at 1:05pm and find the following:
Strike Action: 200,000
Defensive Action ???
Spy Rating ???
Sentry Rating 50,000

Notice that this is an incomplete report. I am missing the Defense Action numbers and the Spy Rating one.
Now, 5 minutes later, I decide that I was infact interested in those numbers that I could not find. So, I try to spy again, and I am provided with the following report:
Strike Action: ???
Defensive Action 110,000
Spy Rating 60,000
Sentry Rating ???

Now this report is incomplete as well. So, with stacked intelligence files, you would get a report that builds on itself.
So, when I go to view the past reports later on, it has a stacked report of the 2 reports I got, with the information looking like so:
Strike Action: 200,000
Defensive Action 110,000
Spy Rating 60,000
Sentry Rating 50,000

Now, if this system was put in, you would have to make it only reports within the same hour are stacked, but It would still be very useful. It can be very annoying when you get different information every time, and you need to look back to old reports to check up on numbers. Of course, you would need to highlight older information in red or something and have a note saying "NOTE: Items in RED are records from within the last hour that have been incorporated into this report for your convenience. These reports may not be as accurate as items not in RED".

I think I covered all the angles on that one. What does everyone else think :)

Souless_Sinz
7th March 2005, 11:49 PM
hmm it would be ezier, but dont u think its a waste of there time adding that in if you can just takes to seconds and look at your report?

greengimp
8th March 2005, 04:54 PM
i am a huge fan of this, i find myself sometimes wanting to piece together info on the weapons part of the sheet with numbers and name of weapon and this would make that much easier

Propugnator
8th March 2005, 06:28 PM
Why stop at an hour? Why not just note when certain data was found? Then you can judge accuracy for yourself and recon again if you feel you need to.

Mishkle
8th March 2005, 10:08 PM
Well, the reason I say an hour is because information will go out of date quickly. But as you say, it could just have a time next to it or something.
I think it would be good to highlight the old Data in red myself.

@Souless_Sinz, time is money... or in this case, gold. If you are fighting in the top ranks, you will be aware that most of the top players are playing this game for about 45 out of every 60 minutes. Maybe even more (or less :P).
So, that means people are attacking each other more frequently. So when you see a good opportunity to make some BIG GOLD, you don't want to be held back by having to check old reports.
Yes, its a crappy reason. I still Support my idea though, and others seem to like it.

Anyone else got any critism for this? Is it probable a change like this could happen?

Souless_Sinz
9th March 2005, 03:52 AM
hrmm tru enough..u shut me up lmao