PDA

View Full Version : Changing status to prevent attacks against alliance members

digital_fortress
7th March 2005, 04:04 PM
I've often hoped that this would be implemented: if someone is in the same alliance chain as you, make their Buddy List Status Alliance member. This would prevent so many attacks and inter-alliance wars or mass-attack/sabbing. It makes it easier for us not to attack alliance members which im sure no-one wants to do....maybe you could have a box saying who their ultimate commander is aswell....just so you know if you attacking someone in Strikers chain or Denny's chain etc.

post if you want to say both...sorry that i forgot to put it in

bloodpirate
7th March 2005, 04:30 PM
We have only 2 to 3 hundred people in our chain. What I would like to see is if someone is in my alliance (DES). When I go to attack page, find a target, then click him/her, go to their commander, then to their commander, then to their commander, then to their commander, then to their commander, then to their commander, then to their commander, etc. etc. etc. it takes alot of computer server time, which slows the system down. With the head of my targets alliance listed, it would save alot of time.

kgreen10
7th March 2005, 04:41 PM
all this would do slow the server down to much so why should we do it

riddle
7th March 2005, 04:46 PM
i strongly agree since currently on the first-attack page i see

xplayernamex 18,939 Humans ??? Gold x402

then when i click user i see

Name: xxplayernamexx
Commander: xxcommanderxx
Race: Humans
Army Size: 18,939
Fortifications: Drawbridge
Buddy List Status: None **************here the alliance should be listed**

of course if i am going to repeatedlyatack someone i will certainly check the chain it is only an issue for the single gold attacks and when i am making those i try to attack quickly after i see the target with lots of gold (otherwise someone else may take it first)
as i try to hurry i don't want to have to click commander,commander.... to find out if they are in my alliance
for me u have to go up 6 levels to get to a player with des in the name and i also have officers

i believe either alliance name or supreme commander will work in the buddy field whichever will mean a lower workload

digital_fortress
13th March 2005, 08:01 AM
yeah, i think it would take alot of pressure of the server aswell as people would not check. it only needs to be applied to their profile when they join their commander. it doesn't mean checking the whole chain to find out. it could be updated once a day so that things are kept up to date...that doesn't even require bandwidth....

Denny
13th March 2005, 09:24 AM
You seem to be confusing 'alliance member' and 'command chain member'. There are lots of alliances that have non-chain members, and there are lots of people in any command chain who aren't in the same alliance as the others. Restricting attacking between those people would be foolish.

Information about what chain a person is in would be useful, but stopping them from attacking because of it would be wrong, in my opinion.`

What KoC really needs is an 'alliances I am in' field, and a way to make sure that nobody lies in it (apply to alliance groups, get approved by alliance leader/admin). Then I'd like a tickbox for 'make sure I don't attack my allies by mistake' that people could select.

Suggestion for Age 97098 maybe :)

Ktalah
13th March 2005, 10:07 AM
I think that you should be able to choose to have everyone in a person's command-chain highlighted friend, enemy or whatever. Would be far simpler, all in all. Obviously alliances would have to monitor who in their chain isn't in the alliance, but that would be fairly simple. It would also be great for allied clans, to know who not to attack in another command chain.

bakahiei
13th March 2005, 12:43 PM
ya i agre they should do the whole what alliance are you in thang thay would rilly help. it would all so help to let you know if your being mased attacked by a alliance or if it is just random people.

digital_fortress
17th March 2005, 04:51 PM
i guess i meant chain member. i was thinking along the lines that a person who's in the same chain is in the same alliance...i liked denny's idea with the alliance member and the admin to check....

btw denny, you don't need to see any way, do you. you don't care if there in another chain cos your big enough for it not to matter

nod2003
19th March 2005, 05:36 AM
I think in addition to showing supreme commander, you should be able to create and name other lists in addition to the ones that you start with.

Jedi
19th March 2005, 07:21 PM
This game lacks of customized avatar or unique identity that you belong to some alliance. Each player would then have the liberty to identify themselves which alliance they belong, to prevent inadvertent attacks from others. Sometimes when the commander goes on vacation, the chain breaks and the officers are victimized by chain members, which is annoying and could cause internal conflicts.

nmeyer did propose that to public before Age 4 starts and the majority loves it. My best guess nmeyer didn't implement it in Age 4 most probably it will take more server space for user customizations. Well we all can wish for drastic changes... :(