PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion/Observation/Complaint: Armory captcha

DracoAffectus
7th March 2005, 03:27 AM
I just went through quite an ordeal, trying to spend the gold from two big attacks. Since KoC pages tend to load slow, I've developed a tendency to utilize the multiple tabs feature of Mozilla Firefox by opening the armory page in a bunch of tabs and buying a bunch of weapons on the armory page in each tab, hoping at least one will go through quickly, should the first page get timed out. Even if it this practice doesn't actually help, it at least gives me something to do instead of going crazy waiting for a page to load.

Now, to my point...

I think I've discovered a slight problem with the captcha on the armory page. It seems to have a tendency to glitch when using multiple tabs; telling me I typed it in wrong even though I know I typed it exactly right. In most cases when I wrongfully get the message saying I didn't copy it exactly, it seemed to be because I had different tabs showing koc pages with different captcha images. And that somehow confused whatever algorithm checks to make sure you typed it right.

While it is a good thing that we have these captcha images on the armory page to prevent autobuyers, I think it is still quite buggy and those bugs need to be ironed out. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with typing out the letters repeatedly, and always being told we're not typing it exactly right.

DracoAffectus

p.s. sorry if this is a repetitive thread, I didn't really search so I'm just hoping there's no threads about this already :p

Phyrus
7th March 2005, 05:49 AM
apparently from what zap had pointed out in the captcha system complaint thread, the image actually updates itself. if you have one window with one combination then open a new window with a different combo, (as he said) both will run on the most up-to-date image.

eg. one image has "12HR" and the newest one has "9fKd", in this case, "9fKd" will be the one that will work for both (as assumed). i havent seen it myself however so i cant confirm it.

Denny
7th March 2005, 06:11 AM
This is a problem with Mozilla, sad to say. Mozilla uses one session for all open windows/tabs. IE uses separate processes for each new window. This means that the IE sessions don't interfere with each other, but Moz (or firefox/galeon/etc) tabs do :(

From what I'm told, this is also the reason that a legitimate batchmode clicker for anything except IE is really tricky to write.

the saboteur
7th March 2005, 06:18 AM
Nah it still glitches in IE too, I have tried it today. I think maybe they run off one "cookie" and that "cookie" is updated or replaced when every new captcha that appears... well you get the point, something along those lines maybe... I haven't looked at the cookies so wouldn't know..

If so that can easily be fixed.