PDA

View Full Version : A system for the Message System

GreenArrow
6th March 2005, 06:43 PM
I'm getting tired of this spam messaging crap saying BE MY OFFICER ALL YOU BITCHES AND HO'S!!!!!! then 6 hours later I get the same message from the same guy. (NOTE: Not that message, but that's what I see.)

I think anything message that is recruiting some1 to be their officer, or to just recruit for anything about KoC (say an open clicker or something like that) should have to have the Subject name be "Recruit" (w/ out the ""), and only allow 10 (TEN, Ten, TEn, ten, tEn, teN, tEN, TeN) messages of this type from the same IP and account per day. If a recruiting message not having that subject title is sent, then it should be allowed to be reported, and dealt w/ DRASTICALLY by the KoC admins.

Propugnator
6th March 2005, 07:52 PM
What types of actions do you think the admins should take?

GreenArrow
6th March 2005, 08:39 PM
if it were me, then I would say banned. A 0 tolerance level would be implemented, but ofcourse there would be an investigation before any action is ever taken place.

Like after the admins look into a reported spam, and they find out that they mispelled Recruiter or something like that, then I suppose a warning would be in place, bit if it were diliberatly changed to something like R3cRu17er, then that would be a definate ban. Smart asses shouldn't deserve to play the game.

Propugnator
6th March 2005, 11:00 PM
Sounds good. I'm for just about anything if it means I'll have a spam-free inbox. How about an option to block recruit messages automatically?

GreenArrow
7th March 2005, 07:44 AM
I was thinking about that, but then I assume just about every1 would have it enabled. What if we made the option so that it becomes available once you past rank 50,000? The reason I get so many recruiter messages is because I have officers. I don't need the help these guys are offering me, but I'm sure some people ranked in the 50k and up group could use some help.

It would also give incentive for active players who hate spam mail to get into the top 50k.

Propugnator
7th March 2005, 09:25 AM
To be frank, I don't think many of the lower ranked players would block them as many of them probably wouldn't know what recruit messages were when they saw the option to block them. And there are some people who prefer to "hide in the ranks".

GreenArrow
7th March 2005, 07:18 PM
I dunno. Just a thought though. I just think it's messed up that a person will send over 100 people the same message. It makes it way too easy for people to gain officers, so long as they are persistant. With something like this, you would have to actually get to know some1 if you want them to be your officer, otherwise w/ only 10 messages a day, you'll be lucky as hell if you can get an officer.

variationpwnz
8th March 2005, 12:44 AM
you're forgetting that people sending recruiter messages are just trying to get strong. And I mean really strong, not just 10.000 rank or anything. I mean, how do you think Denny or LS got strong, hu? So ther's nothing wrong with recruiter messages, it's just important to have officers. besides, officers can be great friends, that's what i've found out.

Propugnator
8th March 2005, 09:51 AM
Actually many people joined Denny when he became #1. LS got most of his through making a recruiter a while back, and the recent influx of click monkeys that were kicked out by PR.

GreenArrow
8th March 2005, 05:59 PM
I seriously doubt Denny or LS did any recruiting EVER. They jut made a system for themselves and their friends under them, and word of this new device spread like wild fire. Sorta like myspace.com. that's the easiest way I can put it. Every1 is linked to some1, and that's what it was here... atleast that's my theory.

But yeah, recruiting me isn't gonna make you stronger... cuz your wasting yur time, so go recruit some1 who needs help. Not some1 who has things under control, and probably knows more about the game than you do (as in the people who recruit), but I'm 2,000 ranks above you cuz I don't go click crazy like you.

Propugnator
8th March 2005, 06:24 PM
I got an idea var, go recruit some of LS's click monkeys. Show them how good of a friend you can be. Atleast go for targets you might have a chance with. For instance, trying to recruit me has armory depleting potential.

Oh and how about some different recruiting message. Atleast seem to care enough that you sent the person a custom message.

Monsuco
10th March 2005, 04:55 PM
I think KoC needs a report spam button. It is too hard to report. I also say that in addition to deleating accounts they need to remember your e-mail so that you can't just resign up.