PDA

View Full Version : account hacked and deleted

d-bonics
6th March 2005, 01:17 PM
i until recently held a top 100 position in koc, but within the last hour or so - someone got into my account and deleted it. first they tried deleting it without changing the email address, so there was an email asking if i wish to confirm or deny deleting the account, then they prolly smartened up and changed the email, then deleted and confirmed it. ive worked very hard on this, and honestly the admins prolly wont do anything - but in the past they have for other top members. they have given the account back - saving the army size, but without all weapons...just the soldier count and upgrades.

my koc account name was 'd-bonics', email: daveisback21@juno.com

if an admin is bored or suddenly feels very generous - i would appreciate if one of you could bring back my account, with my 65,000 plus soldiers and upgrades at least........this hacking crap is getting bad. people are constantly having their accounts broke into, sold off/deleted.

maggot
6th March 2005, 01:19 PM
Damn this sucks :(
Yeah I remember you were in top ranks and you stole some nice gold from me :D

I hope the admins are in a good mood and give it back to you!!!

Zap
6th March 2005, 01:20 PM
try to email this KoC admin aman@kingsofchaos.com (for hacking accusations)

he should be the right one to talk to

Legowelt
6th March 2005, 01:49 PM
Damn man .. That's real bad

Hope you can recover it

Jab
6th March 2005, 02:11 PM
and only one who know of your password and email was you? you never shared it in any way with something or someone? I think and hope you didnt, but just to be sure...

It really sucks that these things happen, i hope it'll never happen to me, but i guess they cannot really protect us from those hackers...

Stephen
6th March 2005, 02:17 PM
Yup, happened to me too. Anyway, just email aman@kingsofchaos.com

We don't allow cheating/hacking accusations here, I'm sorry. I'm going to have to close the thread, but best of luck.

d-bonics
6th March 2005, 02:45 PM
wtf you talkin about, im not "accusing" anyone of anything, i was pointing out a very obvious/simple/non-complicated fact that my account was first reset and then deleted. unless i somehow made a mistake when reading 'that username does not exist in our database' im not a computer moron, i know what im talking about - i never said any names or anything, just stating a fact in case the admins come by and read this and actually help

elvsking
6th March 2005, 02:46 PM
Is very bad but we most be carful a heard they are some player ho lose their account before. Here are some basic rule to protect your account:

- don't give anyone your password
- don't use the same password on forum and recruiter
- don't use the same mail address on forum
- make sure your password is not to short preferably 12 or more (a computer can generate all the possible combination of 6 alphanumeric characters in las the 5 minutes depends of the computer, a 12 characters can by generate in 12 years (my 11 characters pass can be brake in 6-12 mounts), a pass most not be a word or a prase).
-change your pass often

this is what you most do to protect your account other security measure is not up to you. all this measure are useful in a direct attempt to brake your password other methods to brake are more hard to prevent. i hope the admins will give your count back, and this hacking will stop son.

d-bonics
6th March 2005, 02:49 PM
my password was 12 char's long... also this problem would be simple to fix....instead of just being able to reset someones account - it should be a verified kinda process just like when deleting, you have to confirm it through an email, AND you shouldnt be able to change the accounts email address without it being confirmed as well through email. it would cut back on alot of accout deletions. people could still selloff the accounts but not delete them or the evidence

elvsking
6th March 2005, 03:10 PM
it will be better then this but this resolve only one problem, if only you can access your account is the best think. bout problem are solve. i don't like somebody sell my all weapons is not a nice think to do.

d-bonics
6th March 2005, 10:28 PM
yes, i agree that the admins need to make serious adjusts to help stop all these account hackings that are going on

hungryman287
7th March 2005, 07:36 PM
That sucks you lost your account. I remember you were high up there, I don't know a number but it was at least top 3 pages.

isthatlegal
8th March 2005, 08:11 AM
i dont get why people take it so seriously as to completly delete someones account.. its just a bit of fun, and if people wanna ruin other peoples fun just so they get some so called respect from people they will probobly never meet.. its kind of gay!

SterlingFalco
8th March 2005, 11:04 AM
I'm actually really surprised that you can change your e-mail address without any verification. I agree that it's a good move to start implementing that.

joejoemo
8th March 2005, 11:12 AM
As many have probably already said never share your information and have at least a 12 letter long password.

Diaboli
8th March 2005, 02:01 PM
sorry to hear that man

the key thing to do is

1. Have an email JUST for koc
2. Have a password JUST for koc
3. Dont use either of these on forums or anywhere else
4. Dont cheat, odds are, its gonna come back to screw you over