PDA

View Full Version : hard question ;P

tjbrooks08
5th March 2005, 08:50 PM
how many picture verification code things are there on the armory page when you wanna buy something?

end255
5th March 2005, 08:56 PM
Huh? There's 4 characters you have to enter to buy something from the armory.

tjbrooks08
5th March 2005, 09:00 PM
i know that but how many different pictures are there. if you were to refresh the page.

end255
5th March 2005, 09:03 PM
They're randomly generated as required- 36^4=1679616 possible sets of characters, plus differences in fonts etc.

That's what I think anyway :S

elvsking
6th March 2005, 02:16 AM
I donít think is so many because it seems not to be made by a program and how many a man can make? I estimate they are at most 10000. The real number can be lower then this because it seems they repeat often.

pitagora
6th March 2005, 02:50 AM
you could make some screenshots to each individual character in each font...there shouldn't be too many...i don't think that more 4-5 fonts are beeing used. Also not all alfanumeric characters are beeing used. The diffrent font size make no diffrence in char recognition and neither does the rotation agle. So if you were thinking of how easy it would be to make an auto program...the answer is medium compexity. The capcha in the clicking zone is however next to imposible to autorecognize

elvsking
6th March 2005, 03:13 AM
you could make some screenshots to each individual character in each font...there shouldn't be too many...i don't think that more 4-5 fonts are beeing used. Also not all alfanumeric characters are beeing used. The diffrent font size make no diffrence in char recognition and neither does the rotation agle. So if you were thinking of how easy it would be to make an auto program...the answer is medium compexity. The capcha in the clicking zone is however next to imposible to autorecognize

Actually they are some auto clickers and the alphanumeric system is hard to brake then that in the clicker area (in my opinion). The admin need to make a system more hard to brake and to do this they have to get rid of all image (a imagine base system is easy to brake, and only make life hard for honest players).

DeepSilentComplete
6th March 2005, 06:33 AM
I donít think is so many because it seems not to be made by a program and how many a man can make? I estimate they are at most 10000. The real number can be lower then this because it seems they repeat often.
The images are entirely program-generated, although obviously a human has designed the basic layout of what it will look like. If you see the image repeated - on recruiters, for example - it's because the pages are generated at the same time and the randomiser is seeded the same way each time, as far as my understanding goes anyway.

digital_fortress
12th March 2005, 02:12 PM
how would you know there are auto clickers?? have you got one??