PDA

View Full Version : Farm lists

HolySpirit
5th March 2005, 05:26 PM
It amazes me that these alliances have "farm lists" ie players that are continuosly targeted by their members for gold!

They also have the audacity to stste that sabbing ruins the game for noobs.

Imagine a noob that is consistantly attacked for gold, day after day by the same group for gold, and has to hear how sabbing is bad for the game.

Well it's the only way to get back at them, and it's good for the game and for these players who would have no other means otherwise.

If you are being farmed, just be patient, build your sentries and spies, then your defence, spend a couple wks clicking, and wait for your turn it will come quickly, and you'll have many targets.
Then farm them starting from the weekest.

The Holy Alliance of the weak.

Tekano
5th March 2005, 05:39 PM
everyone wants nice targets, if there's someone that always has an amount of money at a certain time it's good to let ur alliance members know so they can get some of his money as well.

HolySpirit
5th March 2005, 05:43 PM
yes but if you work as a team, don't complain about being chain sabbed by the farmed player when he has the ability to do so.

After this happens the famrers seem to want to go in "diplomacy" mode.

Stephen
5th March 2005, 05:52 PM
People don't say that sabbing ruins the game. They say that mass sabing and chain sabbing (i.e. sabing everyone in an alliance chain) ruins the game.

HolySpirit
5th March 2005, 06:09 PM
But if evry one in the allaince (or most) farms you for weeks (or months for me in age 3), then I see no wrong in sabbing the whole chain if you don't have AS to get back at them (as a solo player like myself).
Of course I'll farm them first, but what usually happens is the diplomatic message asking you to stop or you they'll mass sab & attack you.
Since they would'nt stop unless I got strong,then why should I?

My usual reply (as a solo player) is "do your best" as I have many targets to hit back against.

Would be boring game otherwise though.

Carnage
5th March 2005, 06:10 PM
yeah then the farmers turn round and mass him. that is war on koc.

i don't acctually care about being farmed, for reasonably gold, while i'm away from my pc. theres nothing i can do about it, so i accept it. providing people don't attack when i am at my pc (ie for low ammonts) i do't even ask them nicely to stop.

lenino
5th March 2005, 10:23 PM
In the ages I've been around on KoC, I've seen alliances using farmlists to attract new people. They also use it to pump their alliance members' ranks, so they'll get more known, and will attract more people, making them stronger and bigger, attracting more people.
It's just how the game is played.

Remember, it's a war game. It doesn't matter if it's a dirty way of winning or not, as long as it isn't against rules, it's all good.

Destroyer_king
5th March 2005, 10:28 PM
lol easy way to deal with it
get to know someone who is bigger than them and get them to sab them/or attack and kill spys
It happened to me when i strted playing and it ruined it for me
my defence went down from 1m to 200,000 in 5 minutes
got about 75% of my money stolen
ruins it but hey its part of the game
live with it lol

theMatterist
7th March 2005, 05:02 AM
noone farms n00bs except other n00bs.

the people who get farmed mostly are big players with lots of soldiers and high TBG and low defense, or people whose defense has been taken away froim them because of an alliance war - neither of these two classes of people would be called n00bs imo cos you don't get a big army and high TBG by accident.

:? matt

EworTam
7th March 2005, 12:27 PM
Im sorry but I have no sympathy for people who get farmed. If I get farmed, I deal with it and make sure I don't. It's not hard. The options you have:

1. Train down
2. Build defense
3. Sab
4. Click

And as the guy above me just said - nobody farms newbies anyway. To be a farm you need a high army size, so then you cant be that much of a n00b. And if you have a high army size and are still a n00b and cant avoid being farmed then what an idiot you are. (dont mean you personally just anyone)

joejoemo
7th March 2005, 12:38 PM
Most people I know who ever had a problem with farms just joined an alliance. If you join an alliance and get people to help you fight back it people will usually stop farming you.

bega
7th March 2005, 12:58 PM
*goes away*

I thought it was a list of farms :imslow:

ROCK LOBSTER
7th March 2005, 10:03 PM
i think farmlists are pretty useful... and well ppl always complain about everything in koc..."sabbing ruins the game" and "clicking ruins the game" and "alliance sweeping ruins the game" and "farm lists ruin the game" and "alliances ruin the game" and "big alliances ruin the game"

everything ruins the game. so dun play it.

mutherm
7th March 2005, 10:06 PM
lol amen ixab, i love you diana, see you in msn !! :winter:

Monsuco
29th March 2005, 05:28 PM
Alliances aren't the only ones who farm. If you are solo you can usually find the farms. They tend to be on the same pages. It becomes a problem when alliance members make farm accounts.

d2uriel
30th March 2005, 04:27 AM
I agree. Farm accounts are something I don't like in the game. It's a way of cheating (you're not supposed to have multiple accounts and who the hell would like to play a sell off account :P ).

Other then that, farm lists are useful for smaller players. Personally never used a farm list I just sometimes ask someone with a bigger than mine spy rating to find me some targets, but I usually spy on my own.

While beeing a part of an alliance is very helpful (getting help from more experienced players), sometimes it's just beeing overused. I got some threatening messages like - "my alliance will mass sab you" etc.... erm.... I'm going off topic... sorry :P

riddle
30th March 2005, 04:44 AM
what isn't said but is implied is that if you are using farmlists then someone else is doing your spying for you and so you have taken away 25% of the game. i am not sure i think it is wrong, and as it is very common i just accept it for now as it is the way the game is set. if there is 1 spy account at the top of an alliance (or middle) other players in the alliance don't really need to buy spies or spy tools (just sentry) as for being farmed? i don't believe anyone will 'farm' an active player but single attacks when gold builds up must be standard for everybody except ls and maybe denny (am pretty sure nobody has attacked me twice but anyway)

as for noobs? this is my first age, i've been up to rank 800 or so and have about 70k troops am i a noob? i don't believe army size or time playing the game will necessarily give or remove that title

bloodpirate
30th March 2005, 12:37 PM
the best way to stop people from "farming" you is to spend your gold more often. no one farms noobs who have no gold

Juukamen
31st March 2005, 01:45 AM
the best way to stop people from "farming" you is to spend your gold more often. no one farms noobs who have no gold

Jup, and I'm doing that. in the easter I were bloodfarmed, and now, I'm even up in the nights. but one idiot is still reconning me, so I'll keep reconning on him and working on my attack. need 40 mill in attack and then I'll farm him 15x5 each day =)) and after that, I'll be working on my defence realtime =)

Presence
31st March 2005, 11:31 PM
Jup, and I'm doing that. in the easter I were bloodfarmed, and now, I'm even up in the nights. but one idiot is still reconning me, so I'll keep reconning on him and working on my attack. need 40 mill in attack and then I'll farm him 15x5 each day =)) and after that, I'll be working on my defence realtime =)

15x5 each day?

how is that possible?

i thougth u can only attack 5 time a day.

no one farms me because either their SA is too low :P or i message them as soon as i see their name in my logs twice.

if it is there a third time, then i bring in some friends to talk to them.

a 4th time, the sab war begins

KoC was created as a game of war
Whoever says Farming, Sabbing, Massing, etc... ruins the game... well guess what. your attitude is ruining the game.

You'll get attacked. so what. just buy more DA to make it up.

you'll get sabbed. so sell off , buy spy tools and train spies, then go own that focker :P

you're eventually gonna get farmed and/or massed. just message the farmers, or destroy their crops *wink*

bloodpirate
1st April 2005, 11:24 AM
15*5 a day means using 15 attack turns and attacking 5 times. like when we 5*1 someone to kill their soldiers spies and sentries. attack 5 times with 1 turn each time

Chaos NOW!!!
3rd April 2005, 10:54 PM
I don't know what most people use, but it is certainly more logical to think of it as 5x15...

I don't use farmlists, other than my own. This one I share, one target at the time, with allies who need gold. If you find that you need ethical guidance in farming, then I suggest you farm your enemies and not random targets.

I only farm big alliances, and occasionally other players who just won't stop attacking me in various ways.

The only legal activity that is ruining the game is RECRUITERS/CLICKERS.

Remove the "FLEE" rule!!!

Ban recruiters, and make the game playable again by altering/removing the captcha system!!!

Chaos NOW!!!

A_O_T_K_E
4th April 2005, 01:19 PM
Sab me, farm me, it doesnt matter. I cannot protect against all Sabs, I cannot protect against all farms, but what I can say is that your name goes right their in the AOTKE fourm as players to attack. You see once your name is on the list, it doesnt come off the list untill we have the ablitiy to destroy you. Now in some cases that never happens, but still seeing your name up there as players to destroy kinda gives me something to build for...

Monsuco
7th April 2005, 10:26 AM
I still think sabbing ruined the game by making it a covert war. The flee rule makes "feeler" accounts not work but could be removed. I discovered a lot of fake farm accouts that seem to be between page 2000 and 2100. It seems like it must be hard to run those things through the recruiters. I would like recruiters to be removed though. Farming has always been a part of the game to some extent.

KjeldoranRoyalGuard
8th April 2005, 03:37 AM
Personally, I do look for farm lists as well :hamtaro:

In the previous age, I found a dude that has gold just for me. But In return after I farmed for about 10 times. He sabbed my ass of and took away everything I got from him :rofl: :rofl:

Madcc
11th April 2005, 01:07 AM
farming
happened to me as well but took me long to know that lol not a big thing just a part of the game thats all u get money by not attacking why u wanna attack any one hmmmm ok

STARBLASTER
11th April 2005, 02:10 AM
... and grow. I attack and if I get good gold I mark the player neutral and move on. I 'farm' accounts if they have tried to sab me.
Most people here are great sports about it.
If they have too much gold on display and take too long to use it for an upgrade then if I can I take it.
I follow up with advice on how to bank their money and how to upgrade 'quickly'.
I feel bad about taking upgrade money.
You can tell because they attack you within a minute.
I figure they are either too slow or they are asleep. Either way it's fair game.

Sax dude
11th April 2005, 05:40 PM
I do everything that I can to kill enemies