PDA

View Full Version : corvert skill?

Garnash_The_Gallant
4th March 2005, 08:29 PM
um i've been playing for awhile i i can't figure this out help plz?

hello?

Deity
4th March 2005, 08:30 PM
Your covert skill is best described at what level your spies are currently at. Think of it as terms of effectiveness, 0 being the worst, 10 being the best. The better your covert skill level, the better your spy and sentry ratings will be. For each upgrade of this you purchase, the stats will double - so for example, if you had a spy/sentry rating of 40 before an upgrade, it'd increase to 80, and so on.

Upgrading the covert level as soon as possible, is often considered the first target of many players. The reason for this, is because of sabotage. The sooner you hit covert level 10, the less chance there is of someone successfully performing a sabotage operation on you. Basically, the higher your covert skill, the more effective your spies and sentries will be, and the same for your spy/sentry tools.

~uniQue~
5th March 2005, 01:56 AM
Well said Deity..
if a person's Covert Skill is less than yours (s)he can't recon/sab you..
I doubt this^ is true but there are rumors about it :p :)

~uniQue~

Laudimir
5th March 2005, 09:31 PM
When using spy and sentry tools, are they equipped to the spy/sentry like weapons, or not?

elvsking
6th March 2005, 03:20 AM
Yes. Is the same principle the only deferens is spy sentry weapons can by sab.

Laudimir
6th March 2005, 07:12 AM
They CAN'T be sabbed, right?

Deity
6th March 2005, 12:33 PM
Sadly, nope, they can't be sabbed.

King_Of_Hearts
6th March 2005, 02:20 PM
When using spy and sentry tools, are they equipped to the spy/sentry like weapons, or not?Sentry tool's & spy tool's are not helpfull at all. There just like men.

1 Guard Dog is like haveing 15 more Sentries. The down side to this is 1 Guard Dog will set you back 103,500 gold where if you trained 15 men it would only cost you 52,500 gold that's 1/2 the price and you get the same thing!!!

pitagora
6th March 2005, 02:34 PM
not exactly. Your tools are the one thing you cannot loose in this game. I currently have 10K+ spys and sentrys (each). When i'm atacked i loose 0.05-0.15% of them...and it's starting to be a lot...If your power is in the spys you have you're going to loose it as soon as you get massed. Last age i lost about 6K spys in 2 days...thats over 6 mil rating drop. If my power would have been in the quantity of spys and sentry i'd would have probably gave up and admited defeat (the mass didn't end in 2 days :))

Laudimir
6th March 2005, 03:55 PM
I didn't know you lost spies and sentries when you are attacked!?

elvsking
6th March 2005, 03:57 PM
1 Guard Dog is like haveing 15 more Sentries. The down side to this is 1 Guard Dog will set you back 103,500 gold where if you trained 15 men it would only cost you 52,500 gold that's 1/2 the price and you get the same thing!!!

if you use spy/sentry rating only for ranking is write but if you don't have any sentry weapons even a player ho have les then your sentry can mass sab you. last day i spy a player ho wave 3 time more sentry rating them my spy rating and an army les then 1/5 of my i spy him 6 time and i success every time he had no sentry tools. if you want to don't get sab buy sentry tools even if their more expensive.

King_Of_Hearts
6th March 2005, 06:41 PM
Yes you can lose spys/sentries but only after you have over 6,000 spys or sentries. But on the other hand if you have more then 666 sab tools then people can sab more of your weapons. Right now they can only sab 25% of your weapons you have more spy or sentries tools then people can sab more then that.

But most people (so far) don't have that many spy tools or spys. So I say don't wast your gold with tools buy more spys/sentries.

if you use spy/sentry rating only for ranking is write but if you don't have any sentry weapons even a player ho have les then your sentry can mass sab you. last day i spy a player ho wave 3 time more sentry rating them my spy rating and an army les then 1/5 of my i spy him 6 time and i success every time he had no sentry tools. if you want to don't get sab buy sentry tools even if their more expensive.You can still sab people up to 4x your spy level. EX: If I have 100,000 Spy ranking I can sab someone that has an 400,000 Sentry Rating. This has nothing to do with tools.

You just can't see there gold lest you have x2 time more spy ranking then there sentry Rating.

SterlingFalco
6th March 2005, 07:25 PM
15(3,500) = 52,500
100,000 + 3,500 = 103,500

Those formulae are way too simplistic!

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that there are 200 days left in the age. Then your added cost per spy is also the fall in TBG per spy, which is

200(28 - 15) = 2,600.

Your costs for the 15 spy setup would then be

52,500 + 15(2,600) = 91,500,

and your cost for the spy and tool setup

103,500 + 2,600 = 106,100.

Already a huge difference! There's some other variables as well, but I'm tired and in desperate need of sleep, so maybe I'll elaborate tomorrow. 'night.

King_Of_Hearts
7th March 2005, 12:37 AM
For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that there are 200 days left in the age. Then your added cost per spy is also the fall in TBG per spy, which is

200(28 - 15) = 2,600.

Your costs for the 15 spy setup would then be

52,500 + 15(2,600) = 91,500,

and your cost for the spy and tool setup

103,500 + 2,600 = 106,100.

Already a huge difference! There's some other variables as well, but I'm tired and in desperate need of sleep, so maybe I'll elaborate tomorrow. 'night.You have to tell us what the numbers mean. 28 what? 15 what?

Anyways I already said this is for now not for the end of this AGE. I've seen it alot in AGE3. Hay why are my weapoins getting sab? I only have 3 BPM's and you can only sab 25% of my Armory right? Wrong! If you have over about 666 of a spy tool or Sentry tools people can sab more of your weapons. This is what I am triying to warn people about.

If you have over 6,000 spys or sentrys they can die when being attacked or attacking someone else. So you don't want to get that many spys or sentrys with out back up weapons.

But for most people at this stage of the game THEY SHOULD NOT BUY SPY TOOL's!

beanerjoe
7th March 2005, 03:09 AM
um i've been playing for awhile i i can't figure this out help plz?
i am new and I still understand. :shame:

hello? hi

<-------
oh well, anyways how do you raise hp, and commitment and all that other crap?

Phyrus
7th March 2005, 03:32 AM
hi

<-------
oh well, anyways how do you raise hp, and commitment and all that other crap?

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=401

ps. dont spam the forums. keep to topic of threads.

fluppe
7th March 2005, 06:03 AM
You have to tell us what the numbers mean. 28 what? 15 what?

He clearly stated... the loss of TBG, first, you have 28 tbg, when you've trained a spy, you lose tbg. Anyhow, he didn't take in account that there are 48 turns in a day, so the loss (more opportunity-cost) is greater. When you have a lower TFF, you can steal more, so that evens it out. Also, from experiance (and heard from others) I've learned that it's best to have an equal amount of spies and spy tools if you want to be succesfull to sabotage.

Anyways I already said this is for now not for the end of this AGE. I've seen it alot in AGE3. Hay why are my weapoins getting sab? I only have 3 BPM's and you can only sab 25% of my Armory right? Wrong! If you have over about 666 of a spy tool or Sentry tools people can sab more of your weapons. This is what I am triying to warn people about.

If you have over 6,000 spys or sentrys they can die when being attacked or attacking someone else. So you don't want to get that many spys or sentrys with out back up weapons.

But for most people at this stage of the game THEY SHOULD NOT BUY SPY TOOL's!

That might be true, but on the other hand, people could want to have more than 3 weapons, so they should equip their spy and sentry as effective as possible. The situation you layed out is good for sab-accounts. But those accounts may encounter masses, so to have all your strength in men only would be a bit foolish in my opinion

King_Of_Hearts
7th March 2005, 12:06 PM
He clearly stated... the loss of TBG, first, you have 28 tbg, when you've trained a spy, you lose tbg. Anyhow, he didn't take in account that there are 48 turns in a day, so the loss (more opportunity-cost) is greater. When you have a lower TFF, you can steal more, so that evens it out. Also, from experiance (and heard from others)Yea, ok thats what I thout she ment. But that is not %100 true. See the only ones that make that kind of TBG is Humans so for everyone else whos not a human that would not be true for them.

Your also right she forgot that more then likely at somepoint with in thoes 200 days you're going to get attacked and loses ALOT of thoes men. So in the long run you would be loseing gold not makeing any.
I've learned that it's best to have an equal amount of spies and spy tools if you want to be succesfull to sabotage.Here is where your wrong! Spy tools don't give you any kinds of special powers. Like if you have spy tools your not more likely to sab someone then somepone haveing the same Spy Rating then you but but with no spy tools. 1 Grappling Hook is = to 15 spys no matter how you do the math.

That might be true, but on the other hand, people could want to have more than 3 weapons, so they should equip their spy and sentry as effective as possible. The situation you layed out is good for sab-accounts. But those accounts may encounter masses, so to have all your strength in men only would be a bit foolish in my opinionHaveing 3 weapons has nothing to do with this. I am just pointing out that you can get sabed more with alot of spy tool's wich takes away the whole point of haveing them in the first place. People buy these tools so they can spy/sab people or so people can't spy/sab them. By haven to many of these weapons makes it easyer not just to get sabed but to get sabed more then if you did't have that many in the first place.

Look am I saying you should not have these weapons NO I'M NOT! AM I SAYING RIGHT NOW FOR A NEWBIE TO BUY THESE WEAPONS IS WAST OF TIME YES I AM! If you don't have few 1,000 spys yet your just wasting your time buying these weapons.

SterlingFalco
8th March 2005, 09:54 AM
Right-o. First of all, King_Of_Hearts, last I checked I was still a guy... for future reference, heh. Also, the figures I listed were for non-humans; humans make 33.6 gold a head, so the loss would actually be greater.

I also didn't know about the 666 tools thing... seems like a very odd rule, in my opinion. Why punish people for buying tools when they are more expensive anyway? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Oh, and wouldn't it be smart to have at least 25 guard dogs in your armory? Just in case someone tries to be clever and send a large batch of spies against which you wouldn't be able to defend properly? I can't imagine tools not serving at least that purpose.

Anyway, back to the economics of it all... like I said, there's a bunch of other variables to take into account (though I hadn't thought of the one fluppe listed). Although, now that I think about it, that's really not a valid argument, considering that if you want to truly maximize the value of your attack turns you'd have to wait until near the end of the age and attack non-stop for a week. Every day you don't use an attack turn it increases in value, unless you never raise SA/farms aren't getting any fatter.

ANYWAY. That wasn't what I was going to talk about at all, and now I have to leave again. *sigh*. Until another day.

edit:

Oh, crap, my pic. That's why you thought I was a girl. Just try to look away from... it. I revere it because it's probably the ugliest person I've seen in my life.