PDA

View Full Version : Spy Scripts

DarkL0rd
4th March 2005, 08:23 PM
I want to be very clear that I'm not accusing anyone of cheating in this thread. I will not mention alliance names or player names. I don't want this to be closed, because this honestly is a technical question about Kings of Chaos.

Most people in any major alliance remember how common spy scripts were in Age 3. I believe that this rule outlaws them for Age 4, and that is also the belief of Striker Clan (#scfarms has officially closed down, and members of SC are forbidden to run spy scripts). I am wondering if running spy scripts really is included in this rule:

Quoted from the list of what's "illegal" in the KoC rules:

Using any process that automatically gets information from the website.

I ask this question because I am quite positive that spy scripts are still in effect (on IRC and otherwise), and are actively used by some alliances. I have been playing Kings of Chaos a long time, and I know how reconing/attacking works. I know much of the reconing is being done by automated processes (if I need to explain how I know this, I think I can show beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's true).

I only ask because many alliances are using these scripts, which puts my alliance at a disadvantage. Maybe we are misinterpreting the rule, and spy scripts really do remain legal? I am asking if my use of a spy script would be considered legal or not.

Thanks for responses,
DarkL0rd

Zap
5th March 2005, 07:12 AM
After LGC saw that rule we immediately removed our spy script and it have never been up ever since. so we say that spy scripts are illegal

Deathwantsme
5th March 2005, 08:27 AM
I think it is illegal. They go through and do the work for you, and thats not fair to players who do scan the attack pages.

blunderball
5th March 2005, 10:01 AM
I think it's safe to say they are illegal these days.

PR deactivated theirs when the age started, as did SC and LGC. However, I know a few people are still using them. I won't name people though, since GUA is very strict about "cheating accusations".

DarkL0rd
5th March 2005, 12:48 PM
I think it's safe to say they are illegal these days.

PR deactivated theirs when the age started, as did SC and LGC. However, I know a few people are still using them. I won't name people though, since GUA is very strict about "cheating accusations".

I want to say for certain that I was not implying that PR was using these scripts. Although I think a few PR members have access to such scripts, I don't think major PR members are running the scripts.

Let's say this: I have only been attacked so far this Age for gold once, and that was by a certain alliance. Every time I get about 10 - 15 million gold, I suddenly get reconed repeatedly by people that I know cannot see my gold. There is also one particular player who recons me in patterns that I KNOW are automated. For instance:

(Times and locations are made up, this is just an example): I go to work at 6PM, and I work until 2AM. At around 9:30PM, I have a crapload of gold on hand. I suddenly get reconed by a top player (this is not unusual, other than the fact that I know the top player personally, and I know that he is asleep because he is in a different time zone). Then about 40 minutes later, I get reconed again by the same top player. Maybe he forgot my DA? Then another hour goes by, and I get reconed some more by the same player. At this point, I'm certain that the player is not doing this manually (top 10 players do not recon players like me once every 40 minutes - 1 hour just for the heck of it, they have better things to do). Then I spend my gold, and the recons stop.

Basically it's really hard to explain, but I've played KoC a long time, and I know when something is fishy. Spy scripts are definitely in use by a certain alliance in particular, and I think something needs to be done (maybe that alliance, who knows who they are, should admit their mistake and stop using the script).

If not, there needs to be Image Verification placed on the Recon section as well. It makes the game unbalanced... In order to attack well, you should have to build spy too. Some players in the top 50 can build WAY more attack, because all their spying is done for them by scripts. This is unfair, and annoying to the alliances who are attempting to abide by the rules (well done PR, SC, RF).

DarkL0rd

King_Of_Hearts
5th March 2005, 01:40 PM
Image Verification does not work. There are already at lest two autobuyer programs that work with this new Image Verifcation. If a programer can do this with a autobuyer then he can make one that will work with an spy script.

pitagora
5th March 2005, 02:08 PM
true...the new system is very easy trick. ppl are allready working on an image regnizer. One thing is for sure...it's doable. My programing skillz and patience may not be hight enough for the job but anyway this is alot easyer to do then the recruiting capcha recognizer.

crybabiesarebabies
6th March 2005, 12:44 AM
I want to say for certain that I was not implying that PR was using these scripts. Although I think a few PR members have access to such scripts, I don't think major PR members are running the scripts.

Let's say this: I have only been attacked so far this Age for gold once, and that was by a certain alliance. Every time I get about 10 - 15 million gold, I suddenly get reconed repeatedly by people that I know cannot see my gold. There is also one particular player who recons me in patterns that I KNOW are automated. For instance:

(Times and locations are made up, this is just an example): I go to work at 6PM, and I work until 2AM. At around 9:30PM, I have a crapload of gold on hand. I suddenly get reconed by a top player (this is not unusual, other than the fact that I know the top player personally, and I know that he is asleep because he is in a different time zone). Then about 40 minutes later, I get reconed again by the same top player. Maybe he forgot my DA? Then another hour goes by, and I get reconed some more by the same player. At this point, I'm certain that the player is not doing this manually (top 10 players do not recon players like me once every 40 minutes - 1 hour just for the heck of it, they have better things to do). Then I spend my gold, and the recons stop.

Basically it's really hard to explain, but I've played KoC a long time, and I know when something is fishy. Spy scripts are definitely in use by a certain alliance in particular, and I think something needs to be done (maybe that alliance, who knows who they are, should admit their mistake and stop using the script).

If not, there needs to be Image Verification placed on the Recon section as well. It makes the game unbalanced... In order to attack well, you should have to build spy too. Some players in the top 50 can build WAY more attack, because all their spying is done for them by scripts. This is unfair, and annoying to the alliances who are attempting to abide by the rules (well done PR, SC, RF).

DarkL0rd

Funny reading this tread as i never new spy scripts existed but the same thing has happened to me. I had the same player recon me 17 times in a matter of 2 days ad different times of the day. Now this player was high in the ranks had a shit load of men and wouldnt even get much for attacking me as i only have a tff of 150 or 200.

boriszima
6th March 2005, 01:20 AM
well maybe alliances dont officially have their spy scripts, but i am sure some still use them on their own account which makes gold fining for them easy. which i think is fine, as long as its use solely for yourself using your own account.

but to make it usefully person needs to have top of the line spy

Simius
6th March 2005, 09:47 AM
Spy scripts are definitely in use by a certain alliance in particular, and I think something needs to be done (maybe that alliance, who knows who they are, should admit their mistake and stop using the script).
A lot of alliances quit using spy scripts I think. But indeed there are still a few using them. Or maybe some individuals in alliances.

I found at least one IRC channel in which there still was a script running (just search on channels with farm in it's topic). And there was someone in there who just happened to be spying on me while I had quite a lot of gold. Doesn't seem like a coincidense to me.