PDA

View Full Version : KoC assistant program

wooffie
4th March 2005, 01:10 PM
with the addition of the new anti-autoplaying fetures, has come alot of complaining, and other various things. i.e. total players drop significantly in three days.

i had a brilliant idea (ok brilliant in my mind), KoC at one point had an "ad free" log in ability, ware you would install something and it would give you less in game ads or something (sorry for my lack of knowledge i never use it)

why not do the same thing (with out ad's mind you) create a program that records basic data and red flags sertian data (I.E. mouse hasnt moved, still buying.) and sends it to the admins. something really simple like that. i personaly wouldnt mind having something running in my task bar that would allow me to click to buy items, or even auto-fill the codes for me.

im not sure if i am explaing this very well, but i hope i am getting the basic idea accross.

*sorry for missspellings and germatical errors MS word isnt working on my computer right now*

hitoriki
4th March 2005, 01:13 PM
with the addition of the new anti-autoplaying fetures, has come alot of complaining, and other various things. i.e. total players drop significantly in three days.

i had a brilliant idea (ok brilliant in my mind), KoC at one point had an "ad free" log in ability, ware you would install something and it would give you less in game ads or something (sorry for my lack of knowledge i never use it)

why not do the same thing (with out ad's mind you) create a program that records basic data and red flags sertian data (I.E. mouse hasnt moved, still buying.) and sends it to the admins. something really simple like that. i personaly wouldnt mind having something running in my task bar that would allow me to click to buy items, or even auto-fill the codes for me.

im not sure if i am explaing this very well, but i hope i am getting the basic idea accross.

*sorry for missspellings and germatical errors MS word isnt working on my computer right now*

I don't think the admins have the patience or manpower to check through those kind of logs :( Its an interesting idea, but I don't see why people are complaining about entering 4 letters/numbers in. One minute usually doesn't make a difference in gold stealing ... Unless your selling off.

Prevent getting attacked while sabbing off?
1) Sell off in rank updates
2) Use 2 windows
3) Use aim or msn or something ...

Dinlort
4th March 2005, 02:34 PM
but I don't see why people are complaining about entering 4 letters/numbers in. One minute usually doesn't make a difference in gold stealing ...
Well I don't really think the problem is the 4 letters, when you just need 1 attack, but it's if you go to war, try to calculate how much time it will take, just to sabotage a small alliance (with 50 people), that's 550 times you need to type 3-4 letters/numbers, and it takes really long time.

wooffie
4th March 2005, 02:55 PM
Well I don't really think the problem is the 4 letters, when you just need 1 attack, but it's if you go to war, try to calculate how much time it will take, just to sabotage a small alliance (with 50 people), that's 550 times you need to type 3-4 letters/numbers, and it takes really long time.
*nods*
but to me its more of a time thing, i dont want to spend and hour doing what i use to do in 10 minutes (yes it takes me that long, because its number letter combanation)

I don't think the admins have the patience or manpower to check through those kind of logs

thats why they make red flags, something not right... it pops up or blinks or something like that.

mutherm
4th March 2005, 06:53 PM
yeah, i think the admins should do a "mini-captcha" exaclty like the one in the recruiting links, so you can just click a number, but autobuyers wont be able to know the number !! that seems to work pretty good, and it takes 2 seconds to click an image, not 5 minutes to tpe a 4 letter/number code and if im not mistaken both work about the same !!??

lord of storms
4th March 2005, 10:26 PM
I agree mutherm. Id really like that. Itd be a whole lot easyer. this typing 4digits thing is so anoying!!!! and koc was already finding itself boring.....to add this just adds to it.

I post all the time about how to improve koc bc im bored and fed up wif its redundant hoplessness. This would at least allow cheaters to be stoped, with minimal interfearance to the ligit person.

end255
4th March 2005, 11:20 PM
yeah, i think the admins should do a "mini-captcha" exaclty like the one in the recruiting links, so you can just click a number, but autobuyers wont be able to know the number !! that seems to work pretty good, and it takes 2 seconds to click an image, not 5 minutes to tpe a 4 letter/number code and if im not mistaken both work about the same !!??

Yes but if there's no time delay when you click the wrong number, autobuyers will simply keep trying at random till it gets the right number by chance. If you had a time delay (like an age 3 misclick), it would be very irritating
(if people are able to lose gold in the seconds it takes to type in the letters, imagine how much you could lose in minutes of "sanity cooldown :uhh: )