PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THA... why those stupid codes to buy stuff!!!???

variationpwnz
4th March 2005, 12:43 AM
Have they gone crazy or what? It's nice and all of those automated programs, but this really sux. If i want to send am PM, must type a code. If i want to buy something, type a code. training? CODE!! the old system was ok, but THIS???

I know ther should only be suggestions in here, well here's one:

REMOVE THESE CODES

Jayson
4th March 2005, 01:08 AM
Well I must admit that the new system may be hard to play with but whats the big deal with typing in 4 letters. I would prefer to type in 4 letters than have those stupid automated programs runnign which give other players advantages.

Many people were complaining about how they wanted a new system so that automated programs wouldn't work anymore and guess what... they got their new system. Give the admins a break.

PS. I don't think this thread is going to last to long lol!!!

tBh_mummyDana
4th March 2005, 01:35 AM
The codes are annoying! By the time you've typed them in all your gold's gone, and half the time, you cant understand what the code is because of the stupid writing!

I lost 249,000 gold thanks to those codes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Blackadder ITC]GET RID OF THEM!!

variationpwnz
4th March 2005, 02:46 AM
why did they stop the system of clicking the thing that appeared double? ofcourse only @ the armory and training page and stuff, not @ the link clicking

Cornholio
4th March 2005, 02:47 AM
[massive text and eyesight ruining colours]first there's complaints about the levels of cheating with auto buyers, spammers ect now when something is done there complaints, honestly is it so hard to type 4 letters? guess you can never please everyone.[/massive text and eyesight ruining colours]

SataiDelenn
4th March 2005, 03:05 AM
There does appear to be a bug with it though. I know I typed in the numbers/letters correctly and it constantly kept doing 1 of 2 things. Either I got the "Error...Database Error...Try again in a few minutes", or I got "Invalid Choice. You failed to type the images correctly....." and I'd have to redo them 6 or 7 times. The admins need to look into and fix this bug.

archdruid_tr
4th March 2005, 03:27 AM
The codes are annoying! By the time you've typed them in all your gold's gone, and half the time, you cant understand what the code is because of the stupid writing!

I lost 249,000 gold thanks to those codes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Blackadder ITC]GET RID OF THEM!!
the attacker also need to write code while attacking so even if there was no code u would probably lose that gold(btw 249k is not that much)
i like the new system. damn cheaters will not be able to use auto buyers

bega
4th March 2005, 04:59 AM
Please... Everyone was crying for a prevention of autobuyers and as it is set now, there are still complaints... We have to thank admins for making this captcha test, at least it is going to prevent cheaters.

But a better font would be better for the images. B and 8, I and 1 do really look alike!

Baloo-DM
4th March 2005, 06:15 AM
There does appear to be a bug with it though. I know I typed in the numbers/letters correctly and it constantly kept doing 1 of 2 things. Either I got the "Error...Database Error...Try again in a few minutes", or I got "Invalid Choice. You failed to type the images correctly....." and I'd have to redo them 6 or 7 times. The admins need to look into and fix this bug.

Yes Delenn, you have to get the capitilisation right as well and sometimes it can be hard to tell with certain letters like 'C' and 'c' You didn't have to get the capilisatoin right when you mislicked at unique link number and typed in the number to get out of cooldown although idk if they've changed this too

MCeley
4th March 2005, 06:18 AM
The codes just make it so that no automated tasks can be performed now without using an OCR type program. It's not that hard to type in a little code anyways. Just type it in and don't complain cuz I think this aspect of the game will be here for awhile.

Jayson
4th March 2005, 06:25 AM
Yes Delenn, you have to get the capitilisation right as well and sometimes it can be hard to tell with certain letters like 'C' and 'c' You didn't have to get the capilisatoin right when you mislicked at unique link number and typed in the number to get out of cooldown although idk if they've changed this too

I beleive u are very wrong here as u do not need capitalization correct as it is not case sensitive... :oops: :bash-lol:

Anyways, Satin it has not screwed up with me, perhaps u typed in the wrong thing accidentally as it can be hard to read sometimes :)

Blitz
4th March 2005, 06:31 AM
This is not the place for this thread...Read the announcement, and go to the appropriate thread:

http://www.giveupalready.com/announcement.php?f=39