PDA

View Full Version : iHEAT Client

talmakian
2nd March 2005, 02:41 PM
I found this application on my computer, called iHeat client. I have no idea what it does, I cannot find any help files for it on the computer, I google searched iHeat and it just talks about how to use this iHeat thing, and whenever I put in an IP it just says that that IP isn't configured for Application Publishing Service or something. I'd like to know what this iHeat thing is and why I'd want to use it.

Flocito
2nd March 2005, 03:27 PM
Is this a personal computer or a business computer that you found this installed on? If it is your business computer, it might be on there for your IT department. I think they can use it to do remote access and installs across the network. So I wouldn't touch it.

If it is on your personal computer at home, then I'd find it kind of interesting, especially if you didn't install it on there. I haven't heard any news of anyone using this to try and hack people's home computers, but that doesn't mean it might not be happening. If it's on your personal computer and you don't need it, then I would recommend uninstalling the program.

HookerBodyShots
2nd March 2005, 08:31 PM
http://www.serversys.com/heat/iheat.html

It's a nifty program. I have it on my work computer. Did your parents install it? (That's if you're still at home.) As Flocito said, it could be something from a company you work for.

talmakian
3rd March 2005, 10:48 AM
No it's on my home computer I think it's just something that came with the computer or some CD or something, I'm pretty sure nobody hacked my computer. Hooker, I looked at the link, and I looked around the site some, and it just tells me the benefits of iHeat client. I still don't know what in the world it's used for.

Flocito
3rd March 2005, 11:10 AM
iHeat is a java client for Heat. Heat is a Help Desk tool that allows IT departments to do a number of things, ie call logging, call tracking, call assignment, proactive alerting. Basically it's a service management tool from what I can tell and I doubt you need it on your home computer.

Google for "Heat Software"