PDA

View Full Version : balance out the game

riddle
2nd March 2005, 02:24 PM
since very few will ever get the growth of those at the top of chains to make everyone competetive it seems maybe a structure should be placed in the game to limit the hug gap between top players and others.

any ideas?

my first thoughts...
have a cap on max soldiers say 100k? then for clicks after that just give gold. this way people still click, the heads of chains still get an advantage since they grow faster.
the difference would be players who keep playing could eventually catch up (if they play well)

deathdealler101
2nd March 2005, 02:31 PM
man i hate plp that complain that its not fair.. do you know how hard LS and Deny both work on there alliance.. how long it took them to establish there chains.. it not easy dealling with all the ppl that are involved i have a small clan of 50 and im busy atleast 5 hours a day awsering questions and fixing problems.. that dosent count the time that i spedn playing the game.. its simple if youre dedicated enough youll get somewhere... recruit some officers make some allies and youll work youre way to the top like striker and deny did

riddle
2nd March 2005, 02:58 PM
you do have a point but as this is a new age did they work hard in this age to build those chains as well? if they spent the time to send out messages and recruit more power to them.
i am saying that if they and others want a more competetive game things should be balanced. as it stands unless i cheat to gain massive amounts of soldiers i and most others will need a long time to recruit the kind of command chain that denny and striker already have. and of course during that time they will continue to grow.

of course another option for balancing and i say if people want it is simple to implement... people playing join command chains further from the top, don't give 1 person 200 officers but look further down and join one of their subofficers then you are still in the chain but more people will be stronger = more fun = better game
or the current style can continue with those at the top reaping benefits of all the little click monkeys in the slums of chaos
hey but then slums can be fun too... oops sabbed again by who????

good luck

Odin(D)
2nd March 2005, 04:00 PM
you do have a point but as this is a new age did they work hard in this age to build those chains as well? if they spent the time to send out messages and recruit more power to them.
i am saying that if they and others want a more competetive game things should be balanced. as it stands unless i cheat to gain massive amounts of soldiers i and most others will need a long time to recruit the kind of command chain that denny and striker already have. and of course during that time they will continue to grow.

Hello, I'm new to these forums.
To start off, I don't care about KoC at all. I play it on the side to kill a few minuets at work. I realized the other day, that if those who worked so hard to gain thier officers get renewed with each age, they automaticly win. I noticed Lord Striker, a familiar name to all, with over 600,000 soldiers. Then looked at my 60 and thought "How well would he have done if he had to go through the process of finding those officers again. Or even if they had to press his link before joining him again."

Needless to say, these individuals did work long and hard to be on top. And for those of us who find it hard being low on the totempoll, we find it hard to cope with how easy it was for them this time around.
As for this subject, I say...
"Everyone who does not have a Commander, Join Lord Striker and have done with it!"

Cheers

WongFeiHung
4th March 2005, 09:17 AM
But that mentality is exactly the reason he IS at the top. Although I do not invalidate how much effort LordStriker has put into the game, I seriously doubt he personally recruited even 10% of his chain. Most of them are either people who wanted free troops from the Clan Recruiter, or people like you, who flock to those stronger than them and cause the unbalance of the game as it is.

Laudimir
5th March 2005, 10:57 AM
Hmm

I think game balance should be strived for, but only insofar as recruiters, clans, and alliances skew the game way beyond the balance. If the person worked for his command chain, then that is awesome. If the person didn't, then that isnt fair. If a person worked to earn his or her army, then that is great, but it isn't fair if someone joins a clan/alliance and uses the recruiters to build an army of 1k in a matter of 24 hrs of less.

There is no fun in a game that allows you to make it to the top in so short of a time. Overthrowing "the powers that be" is part of the fun, but is shouldn't be impossible if you work it at it. I suggested an idea that might help unskew the game a little bit. Check it out.

Xer0n
5th March 2005, 04:10 PM
the game is balanced enought... the ones that get top rank is the ones that is most dedicated to the game..

riddle
6th March 2005, 03:45 AM
i would argue that there is a difference between being dedicated to a game and dedicated to building tools to influence the game.

i have slightly changed my mind tho since if the majority of people want a level game they just need to make their officers further down the command chains then more people will have more soldiers and the top ranks will have fewer = they are attackable

of course if the game were to have a second resource other than gold, say food, it could be balanced as well but judging from the number of players simple and unbalanced is what people want.