PDA

View Full Version : More commander changes!!

Angry_Young_Poor
28th February 2005, 07:25 PM
This age I had a commander. I ditched him for a friend. When I went to click on my friend, I couldn't. Out of changes.
THAT WAS NOT TWO!! And if it WAS TWO...then ditching one should NOT be a change!
So, I think you could be able to change commaders as much as you like.
Why not? What would it hurt?
(Any admins or anything out there make this so. I want a commander and your game fuct me up)

SataiDelenn
28th February 2005, 08:24 PM
If you entered this game without a commander and chose one, that is one change. If you hit the "ditch commander" thing, that's your second change. If you wanted to change commanders you should have just gone straight to your friend's "Make xxxxx my Commander". You should only hit the "ditch Commander" thing if you want to go solo. Your only option now is to completely delete your account, get a new email, and re-sign up under your friend. If you don't want to do that then I guess you're flying solo for the rest of the age.

Mephistophelies
28th February 2005, 09:54 PM
or you could...

<embed src="http://www.hellchoir.net/swf/vtech.swf">

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 10:38 AM
i can see that unlimited commander changes is not the best option,
people will be allowed access to priviledged chain information and help,
then they will just change to other chains and do the same,
but i do think you should always be allowed to ditch commander for free.
if your commander becomes someone you dont want to be allied to and you have already used all commander changes,
you should be able to get out and stop having to help someone you no longer want to be with.

~bee

Angry_Young_Poor
1st March 2005, 05:16 PM
If you entered this game without a commander and chose one, that is one change. If you hit the "ditch commander" thing, that's your second change. If you wanted to change commanders you should have just gone straight to your friend's "Make xxxxx my Commander". You should only hit the "ditch Commander" thing if you want to go solo. Your only option now is to completely delete your account, get a new email, and re-sign up under your friend. If you don't want to do that then I guess you're flying solo for the rest of the age.
Yes, but I didn't know that THEN! I don't WANT to start a new account!
If only there was a moderator I could talk to. They could change it for me....

Teiresias
1st March 2005, 05:41 PM
PLEASE READ!
You have opted to change your commander. Please be aware that you may only do this 2 times during the age. Before you commit to this action, please take enough time to make absolutely sure you are satisfied with your decision. Once you pledge your allegiance, there can be no turning back.

To confirm this change, please copy the text in the image below into the box EXACTLY as it appears (case sensitive, and punctuation counts) and click the button.

You DO NOT need to ditch your current commander to switch to a new one.

Seems obvious enough to me, you know things that say PLEASE READ are usually worth reading...

chaoscrippler
1st March 2005, 09:02 PM
lol thats great but i do think that you should have an unlimited ammount of commander changes because i get invited to clans all the time but can't check them out how do i know what is best for me if i can't experience more than 2? and the second 1 i choose will be mine? its not good the way it is i think but i may b wrong in some of your oppinions :wash:

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 09:16 PM
In any good clan you shouldn't have to join the chain to experience what its like,
you should just chat to the people, post on their forums etc and then you will know where you fit in best :)
you should really only need one commander change as you should be able to decide who you want to help the most and stick with it... but there are numerous logistical reasons why 2 commander changes is more efficient.

~bee

riddle
2nd March 2005, 04:22 PM
i would like to see more commander changes possible.
at least to allow more changes within the same alliance.
my reasoning..
1) i want the whole alliance to be strong so since i get x clicks and my commander gets x/2 clicks if i change commanders i can give a new player a quick boost.

2) i would also like to be able to swap roles with officers. then say every week or so i could make one of my officers my commander and repay some of the clicks i have received.

i think the second point would be particularly useful as it would allow a real benefit to having someone as a commander and could nudge people towards taking more care choosing commanders since they would want the benefit.

of course that would require more effort on the games creators since a swap direction for clicks between officer and commander would require some new code (although not a lot or too difficult and i am always available to help ;)

good luck in the game

Teiresias
2nd March 2005, 05:30 PM
2) i would also like to be able to swap roles with officers. then say every week or so i could make one of my officers my commander and repay some of the clicks i have received.

You could click for his credits, you'd still recieve half ;)
That's what I will do later on this age...

riddle
2nd March 2005, 05:57 PM
not sure what you mean by click for an officers credits. of course i click my officers link but that is a drop in the bucket if i am getting 500-1000/day from an officer i think it only fair that after a week or so i can repay the favour.
or are you suggesting i sign into one of the clickers using an officers link and click for them that way? that is possible but seems too much like playing for them is it even legal?

Teiresias
2nd March 2005, 07:00 PM
I don't see why it shouldn't be legal... Couldn't find a rule even slightly related to it.

en4cer82
2nd March 2005, 10:20 PM
It is definitely legal. your not using their KOC account. Its just like transfering credits on SC's CR, only you just click for you officer and give the clicks to them directly. And since they're your officer you still get half of the clicks you do for them. now if you wanted to be a really nice commander you could click only for your officers(trying to spread it out evenly). you would lose half your clicks, but your officers would love you.