PDA

View Full Version : Regulating the "remember passcodes" thingy.

iwishiknew
28th February 2005, 04:05 PM
What I am talking about is the little program that autofills out forms for you, everything from name to pass or allows you to surf though all the stored ones.

The problem is that it has saved some stuff I no-longer use for outwar and it is anoying surfing though 20+ emails to get to one or two near the bottom. Anyway I can clear certain emails out and leave others?

Flocito
28th February 2005, 05:29 PM
What exactly are you asking here? Would you like to know how to manage your saved passwords? Or are you looking for a program that you can enter your passwords into and it will save them for you in one central location? If that's what you are looking for I like to use PINs (http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/pins.html). It allows you to store all your passwords in an encrypted file.

iwishiknew
28th February 2005, 05:36 PM
I am looking for the former. Is there a way to do it with out clearing everything?

Flocito
28th February 2005, 06:04 PM
Which browser are you using that is managing your passwords?

In Firefox you can go to Tools->Options->Privacy->Saved Passwords->View Saved Passwords. This will allow you to manage the passwords that are saved and delete the ones you don't want in there anymore.

I'm not sure if it is possible to do this in IE. The only option I see is to clear all passwords in your auto-complete options. I don't use IE, though, so there maybe a feature to do this hidden somewhere else.

iwishiknew
28th February 2005, 06:13 PM
I use IE and that is what I am tring to avoid.

To avoid that how does that password thingy work?

Flocito
28th February 2005, 06:39 PM
You might be able to try this:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1566845,00.asp

As for the password program, I use that because I don't have my browser remember any of my passwords. I don't feel that it's secure and I don't want people being able to log into my bank accounts, stock accounts, etc just by opening up my browser and going to etrade.com. Therefore the PINs program I listed above allows you to basically have a text file with all your passwords in it and then it encrypts them and saves it with a password. That way you only need to remember one password to open the document and then all of your other passwords will be available there for you to use as you need if you can't remember them.

iwishiknew
1st March 2005, 01:34 PM
so it is kinda like a hyped up notepad but password protected? If so that aint what I need as I have something like that. What I need is the clear out my email/password cache for torax.outwar with out deleting anything that I don't want.

Flocito
1st March 2005, 03:26 PM
I realize that, now the question is, did you try the suggestion that was I linked in my previous post? It tells how you can get the dialog box back prompting you if you would like the password to be saved, and apparently there is an option in that dialog box to allow you to manage the passwords, ie deleting the one you no longer want.

iwishiknew
1st March 2005, 03:32 PM
no because I thought that was the protected document thingy. That link should fix it though so you can close this.

Kthanks.