PDA

View Full Version : supreme commander on stat page

Kerberos
28th February 2005, 03:42 PM
I think it would be a great idea to put a player's supreme commander (top of the command chain) right on the stat page.

Most alliances have rules against attacking members (especially in-chain members). But the larger and deeper your command chain gets, the harder it is for people to identify you as a chain member.

Even alliances like PR that have programs that let you enter in a koc name and it will tell you if they are a PR member. But this still does not stop in-chain attacks (my friend is in PR and he gets attacked by fellow members mulitple times daliy).

If the head of your command chain is right on the stats page, you would know immediately if they are in your chain (and most likely then your alliance). People are far too lazy to follow a command chain up when there is gold to steal.

Denny
28th February 2005, 04:19 PM
This certainly wouldn't hurt. It would be better if KoC had a trustworthy way for alliance-members to tag themselves as a member of an alliance (validated by an alliance admin), and then their alliance memberships were shown on their stats pages... not all alliances require you to join their command chain.

Kerberos
28th February 2005, 04:54 PM
That's very true and would of course be ideal. However, a system like that would require some kind of permissions on the list or some way to approve/remove people. I'm not saying it is impossible or even hard, but does require some additional coding. If the admins are listening to the suggestions that they asked for, this might be in developement.

I'm saying that the head of the command chain right on the stat page would be a fairly simple addition and would prevent a lot of squabbles.

hungryman287
28th February 2005, 04:58 PM
Very good idea! My chain isn't too big but I am in other alliances that are bigger so it would be very helpful.

Light
28th February 2005, 05:15 PM
well, it could be handy if you saw your own alliance members. but it is defenitly not handy if an enemy sees from which alliance you are. that person can then be easily sabbed or mass attacked because he/she belongs to the enemy.
so there should be something that only shows your own alliance members.

Propugnator
28th February 2005, 05:17 PM
So something like this:

Name: Player X
Commander: Player Y
Command Chain Head: Player Z
Alliances: Alliance X, Alliance Q
Race: Humans
Army Size: 532
Treasury: 52,987
Fortifications: Rabid Pitbulls
Buddy List Status: None

dragonruler824
28th February 2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, that would be great. I have attacked some members in my own alliance and didn't realize it. Having something like that on the pages could stop many attacks from people in your alliance since they could know that you are actually in their alliance. This could benifit many people in many ways.

bloodpirate
1st March 2005, 11:16 AM
i totally agree, i am always settling disputes within my own chain and alliance because someone attacked for the gold and not looking at who they were attacking (alliance/chain wise)

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 11:34 AM
this is definately a good idea :)
this way when someone says "oh sorry... i didnt realise you were in chain" you know theyre lying :p
the number of times ppl use that one is somewhat disgraceful... thinking they can get away with it once with every member of the chain, lol

~bee