PDA

View Full Version : Spy level 10

Den_Dolf
27th February 2005, 01:52 PM
Alot has been improved on KoC since the beginning
but still i think the spy levels are not good
look, we are 1 week in age 4, and the top 1000 has already spy level 10
i think that is stupid, we are only 1 week far in age 4 and the end of spy levels is already reached?

solution:
make more levels, like till 20, or make the upgrade of levels cost more
right?

Davie
27th February 2005, 01:58 PM
but then that will make it near impossible to gain full levels for us average players, im in the 700s for ranks and yes i have level 9 and am very close to 10 but its something were we can actually get, even much lower ranked players. i like the way the spy levels work, keep them!

Diaboli
27th February 2005, 04:40 PM
yeah I like having spy over with, i have level 9 now and I cant wait till I just have to focus on fort and seige upgrades, plus 6 mil isnt exactly cheap

its 8000+ knives and im only half way there

(top 500 for the record)

SataiDelenn
27th February 2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I'm fluctuating between the 2 and 3 thousand ranks and I've got level 7 spy! I'm thrilled that I'm 2/3rds of the way to the ultimate goal.... LEVEL 10!!!! I am glad it ends there! Then all I have to worry about is continuing to buy guard dogs!

kgreen10
27th February 2005, 05:19 PM
i like the system as is so for right know keep it is winning

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 10:58 AM
ok, well i bought spy level 10 on the 2nd day of the age,
and granted it could be said that it is too easy to get to...
but if it wasnt then some people would never be able to spy effectively,
as for the increasing levels to something like 20, i was looking forward to this feature...
as it had been said that it was going to happen by some people,
but now that it hasnt happened, i realised anyway that after a 6,000,000 upgrade to level 10, the upgrades to 11 at 12,000,000 and then further wouldve taken a ridiculous amount of time to achieve...
hand of god fortification is only ever achieved by a few players... and top spy level wouldve been the same.
this probably wouldve given me an advantage in the game, but i think probably a slightly unfair one... as you can very rarely be beaten by people with lower levels.

~bee

Thomas``
1st March 2005, 11:10 AM
Why would all the mid-class players need to have spy level 10? It's not like everyone can buy a hand of god. I think they indeed should be changed, dramatically. Best IMO would be having 20 levels, not going up /that/ steep, but making the final level somewhere near the cost of a hand of god.

Same counts for SA upgrades, IMO.

Blitz
1st March 2005, 11:26 AM
By the end of the age there were over 100 players with the Hand of God. I think near 150. (I know that there were 120something with 3 weeks left in the age.) Bear in mind that Denny was dozens of times stronger than players ranked at 100.

I personally reached spy level 10 within 3 days. I suggested in the Age 4 poll to make 20 spy levels, but I don't think that even that is enough...There would have to be some changes to spy formulas and the raw numbers so that they aren't incredibly huge while making the top spy level actually difficult to acheive for even high ranking players.

Thomas``
1st March 2005, 11:53 AM
By the end of the age there were over 100 players with the Hand of God. I think near 150. (I know that there were 120something with 3 weeks left in the age.) Bear in mind that Denny was dozens of times stronger than players ranked at 100.

I personally reached spy level 10 within 3 days. I suggested in the Age 4 poll to make 20 spy levels, but I don't think that even that is enough...There would have to be some changes to spy formulas and the raw numbers so that they aren't incredibly huge while making the top spy level actually difficult to acheive for even high ranking players.

Totally agreed. If it would remain 2^x, 20 levels would be way too much sentry/spy action per spy/sentry. It would mean 2.097.152 spy action for each spy trained, let alone with tools, and being elves. I think level 20 should be only a bit better, or even the same as the current level 10, just more expensive.

Tau
1st March 2005, 12:11 PM
Even making more spy levels the problem is that it's only money based... all it will do is lengthen out the time it takes. The top 100 are STILL going to be at relatively high a spy level compared to everyone else, at relatively early a time.

Now, if spies improved by experience - of actually going and spying on people, (yet if they died experience was lost), then it could be much more interesting.

Davie
1st March 2005, 12:17 PM
well i have now gained level 10, in fact i gained it a few days ago, meening i did it within a week of koc starting!

Thomas``
1st March 2005, 12:51 PM
Even making more spy levels the problem is that it's only money based... all it will do is lengthen out the time it takes. The top 100 are STILL going to be at relatively high a spy level compared to everyone else, at relatively early a time.

Now, if spies improved by experience - of actually going and spying on people, (yet if they died experience was lost), then it could be much more interesting.

The problem isn't that they'll get at high spy levels, the problem is that they get it maxed out too quick. It should take a lot longer to achieve the highest level possible, not just two days.

Rapt0r-15
1st March 2005, 01:19 PM
lvl 10 spy isn't hard for us :P

Diaboli
1st March 2005, 01:38 PM
yeah I got it in 5 days, while having top 500 ranked attack and defense

and I wouildnt mind a few more levels, certainly not 20, that would give the top 20 or so way to much of a gap

Zalastra
1st March 2005, 01:49 PM
increase it to 15 lvls and keep lvl 15 on the same strength as lvl 10 now is, in this way the highest lvl isnt unreachable and it also doesnt make the gap to big

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 01:53 PM
Tau's suggestion is a much better idea,
perhaps it would be a really hard thing to code i dont know,
but experience points for veteran spies would be really good,
same could be done for soldiers, that would be amazing :)

~bee

bloodpirate
1st March 2005, 02:08 PM
spy level 10 is too easy, maybe make it so you can only gain 1 spy level a week, even if you had the money, that would put a twist into sab accounts

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 02:25 PM
well that would mean that pretty much everyone in the game would be the same level spy,
so there would be almost no point in having levels at all...
the only people who this would affect, would be people who didnt start at the beginning of the age.
so basically new players suffer... and everyone else is just stunted.

~bee

Tau
1st March 2005, 03:29 PM
The problem isn't that they'll get at high spy levels, the problem is that they get it maxed out too quick. It should take a lot longer to achieve the highest level possible, not just two days.

But with the addition of spy tools there's more to go before 'maxing out'

Stephen
1st March 2005, 04:17 PM
If we had spy level 20, then I'd never be able to defend against the sab missions from people in the Top 50. By slowing down the rate of spy advancement of the top few players the rest of us that wouldn't be able to attain spy level 20 are protected.

riddle
2nd March 2005, 02:07 PM
as it is the huge variance in the game between the top players and the lower ones is insurmountable. adding more spy levels willl just add 1 more way that the majority of players can't compete.
truly how will anyone ranked under 1000 or so ever come up with the 100s of millions for spy level 20? (level 10 cost me 6 million so *2^10 = almost 800 mil)

and if only the heads of alliances can reach the top spy level how will anyone ever defend themselves?

The only people who benefit from adding more levels are the ones with lots and lots of officers.

my 2 cents,

best of luck in the game

lord of storms
2nd March 2005, 10:22 PM
I like 10 spy levels this means it does NOT take a top 50ranked person to reach hand of god. Its obtainable by all. While attack+defence upgrades are far out of the comman players reach the spy level is within reach, and most people are on a equaler playing field. this makes a much more interesting playing leve.

Nightrulesss
3rd March 2005, 06:34 PM

I believe that is the best way and that you can have spys with different speacialtys such as have a spy more experianced with a grappling hook or more experianced with the lower level items

i also believe if a person can get level 10 in the first couple weeks that the price is way to cheap because we want to have it so that there is a way that somelike myself sitting way down in 17,000s can get but what if we use are spies alot more then everyone else what does that say to the rest...

it would also be pretty cool if like lets say a spy got caught (this is assuming that you are sending more then one spy) that the other spys you sent in can still make it and give you information