PDA

View Full Version : Gold for Clicking: TBG

Clone
24th February 2005, 07:38 PM
As a way to help balance the giants who recieve all the clicks and the people who do all the clicking would be to give gold everytime your own link is clicked. For example, everytime you recieve a click on your own link, you would get a specified amount of gold.

Now why, you ask, would this help balance the game?

Think about it, if you are able to recieve a supplement to TBG for everytime you recieve a click on your own link, it will make the workers on the bottom get a bonus for their work.

How much gold for getting your link clicked?

I would estimate a good amount of gold for getting your link clicked would be 1,000 gold. It's small enough to not outweigh TBG, but big enough to slowly make an impact on the smaller armies of KOC.

Opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Carnage
25th February 2005, 03:50 AM
i'd say: depends. if you are suggesting gold instead of men, then no. if you are suggesting men as well as gold, i think that yes it would be a good idea. something else i was thinking was perhaps a random number of men for being clicked, say between 1 and 3 but still only 1/2 per click for you commander, this means that potentially an officer can get 6* the ammoun of men that his commander gets (average would be 4*) meaning that commanders will find it more difficult to lay back and grow off their officers hard work.

Zap
25th February 2005, 07:20 AM
wouldn't this just encourage more clicking, so those who sit on top on the chain can grow even more faster than the "small" players even thought they get some gold?

last thing, this here would mean that clicking becomes an even bigger factore in the game, and I could save a little TBG up lets say 400k and then do a 800 clicks and then I after a little time I could afford a high spy level upgrade (I know there is a risk that my could might get stolen during the short time, but I can always bank)

so my opinion is no thanks :rolleyes1

Denny
25th February 2005, 08:35 AM
That's quite a neat idea... the exact numbers could probably do with some working out, but the basic idea seems okay to me.

Anything that puts more gold in the game will probably lead to more attacking armies and less banking armies, which is always good.

Ktalah
25th February 2005, 09:54 AM
Really like Carnage and Clone's ideas, adding gold into the game is generally pretty cool, but not too much. I think a combination would be good. Change the number of troops a commander gets from his officers to 1/4 (or 1/3, can be fiddled to get the right effect), and give 1,000 gold per click. That way the total amount of gold in the game won't increase outrageously (and will be more evenly spread) and the gaps between alliance leaders and players without enormous command chains would decrease. This would also make clicking more attractive, thus increasing pageviews ergo more advertising revenue.

Stephen
25th February 2005, 12:51 PM
I think that's an interesting idea... but I'm not a fan of this "balancing the game out" movement. I like it skewed towards those that have taken the time to build large social networks and have enormous chains of officers. I like that side of the game. It makes it a social game, not a clicking game...

Ktalah
25th February 2005, 01:04 PM
Well, obviously you want the game skewed towards people who can create massive alliances and chains. All I'm suggesting is that the game might benefit from a reduction in the skewing, right now if you have a good command chain that's it, no-one can touch you. If command chain efficiency was reduced then possibly the difference between those with massive command chains and those without would be lessened. Basically make the game a bit more accessible, so that with a small command chain and a lot of clicking anyone could get into the first few pages.

Clone
25th February 2005, 01:05 PM
i'd say: depends. if you are suggesting gold instead of men, then no. if you are suggesting men as well as gold, i think that yes it would be a good idea.

I was suggesting the latter.

wouldn't this just encourage more clicking, so those who sit on top on the chain can grow even more faster than the "small" players even thought they get some gold?

People will still click at almost the same rate as they do now; they just get a bonus for doing so. However, their commanders will not recieve this bonus, and since most top commanders don't click they will be missing out on the gold to recieve.

bloodpirate
25th February 2005, 02:20 PM
i like the idea of getting gold for clicks, now if the gold came from the person being clicked, wouldn't that make for an interesting twist. no one would want to be clicked, because they wouldn't have enough gold to buy anything with, but would have thousands of men.

Presence
25th February 2005, 02:22 PM
the idea of getting more gold for every click you receive has potential. however... 1000 seems quite a bit does it not? Becuase i know people who get like thousandso f clicks everyday... that'd be a million o.o.....=/ Maybe 500 or 750. cuz u if u do 1000 or more then we'll have even more click whores and also... getting money per click will enocurage the re-introduction of a working auto buyer.... again ...... (which really bugged me last age cuz no one had any money --- that i could attack )

Also about hte making commanders get less men per click... hrm.. that has potential too. because i know cetain commanders who literall just sit there and watch. they do nothing... and yet they get massive amounts of men because of their click whore officers. i use to be like that hahaa. but i started clicking on recruiters again. but still. my top officer has over 3000 more men than me =/. so yah... maybe lowerin it to 1/3 man per officer clcik would do the trick.

Ktalah
25th February 2005, 02:31 PM
Well, if you click a 1,000 times a day then your TBG would be pretty high anyway, 1 million wouldn't seem like much. In any case, you'd get the gold in dribs and drabs, so the odds are a fair bit of it might be stolen. This of course boosts attacking.

Ringbearer
26th February 2005, 01:09 PM
I like the idea of the person receiving the clicks having to pay for them... Also, perhaps the amount of gold paid out per click could be proportional to how large the person's army is/how much tbg they receive? It would be an interesting addition to the , but you might have to add the option of refusing clicks or some people would lose all their income to clickers and be turned into farms.

beebob2uk
1st March 2005, 02:19 PM
erm ringbearer i think you got it the wrong way round? or maybe i did?
the idea is that when someone has their link clicked, they earn 1,000 gold... not have it taken away from them.
this would definately encourage the clicking culture further, but thats just the way the game is going at the moment, so i suppose thats ok.
the income of a single soldier is somewhere between 1000 and 1500 gold per day, so i think 1000 gold per click recieved is a fair amount.
i dont think the number of soldiers a commander recieves from their officers should be reduced, chain leaders do work to you know, the game isnt entirely about clicking.
if people should be rewarded a lot for clicking, then people who spend their time in politics should be rewarded to!!
but yea, i think the original idea of 1000 gold per click recieved is a good one :)

~bee

Ringbearer
2nd March 2005, 11:28 AM
Maybe I'm wrong...it seems that both ways (person clicking receives gold/person clicked receives gold) have been proposed earlier on... So if I click your link, do you get 1,000 gold or do I get 1,000 gold? If you get it, that's great for you, but since I don't get anything out of it how will it encourage me to click? :confused: It seems to me that the person clicking getting the gold would be the best way to encourage more clicking... Could you explain how the person being clicked getting the gold would encourage people to click? Thanks!

WongFeiHung
4th March 2005, 09:39 AM
I think that's an interesting idea... but I'm not a fan of this "balancing the game out" movement. I like it skewed towards those that have taken the time to build large social networks and have enormous chains of officers. I like that side of the game. It makes it a social game, not a clicking game...

But the problem is that it IS a clicking game. LordStriker does not know his 2000 odd officers, nor does he talk to them. All he has to do is advertize his clan, which isnt difficult because he offers one of the best clicking programs out there. I'm not discounting your point, because he does rely on those 2000 to be where he is, and without effort on his part there's no way it would have happened, and he deserves it if he took the time to do it. There should be changes made that DO make it social- maybe requiring the commander to confirm each received click. Now this is unrealistic in the case of those who receive so friggin many a day, but something of that nature. Because I agree with your view- it should be a social game, and that's the fun of it. I just don't think it is right now.

BTW nice profile pic, Deus Ex was a badass game. :smile:

Laudimir
5th March 2005, 10:52 AM
Hmm

The idea of the commander paying 1k from his tbg to whoever clicks his link would be a really really good idea. That would increase game balance quite a bit because it would increase the commander's brute force, while it decreases the amount of money he or she can invest in his army. I think that could be used for game balance...but, 1k might be too much, in this case...:\