PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office Xp English Langauge Pack

sin
24th February 2005, 05:29 PM
Eh anyone know a place I can download microsoft office xp english language pack.

The reason I'm asking is because I have a Korean version but I can't read Korean, even though I'm Korean I can only speak and understand it.

Flocito
24th February 2005, 06:13 PM
You can try checking over at microsoft.com, but I don't think they have an english language pack. If you want English I think you need to have the US retail version of XP.

Crayon Violent
24th February 2005, 06:53 PM
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347361033.aspx

well...i don't think this link shows the english version,but it might point you in the right direction...it shows several other languages for office xp.

i was reading through the site.....and i'm not sure how you managed to get a version that is soley korean. are you sure that it ISN'T the english version with a korean IME installed on it (and therefore, you may be able to revert it back to english) ?

Perad
25th February 2005, 02:05 AM
You can try checking over at microsoft.com, but I don't think they have an english language pack. If you want English I think you need to have the US retail version of XP.

You would think it would have an english language pack. The fact is that we have all the language packs from Japanease to German... it would only seem right that they had an english pack for those in other countries who wanted to have theres in english.

EDIT: I did an extensive search online and came up with nothing, there are language packs but not for english. Which means one of two things... Either English is already built in. Go to Help in office and search for english, it may say how to change the settings.

Or 2 you need the english version... but the second one is unlikely, you would think a company like microsoft would strive to keep costs down and as a result would include English on all versions. Either that or provide a download... there is no download so i am guessing that there must be some change language option somewhere on it.

Alienna
25th February 2005, 06:30 AM
I too guess that the English version already should be installed. A few days ago I had to format my computer, and when I installed WinXP again, it let me choose if I wanted English or German. It should do that on your computer too. Though reinstalling Windows would probably work, you could try and change the language in your system control panel (sorry, I'm not 100% sure if it's exactly called that since i got a german version installed, but it's the place where you can change all the settings of your computer) and there to something which should be called "time, region and language options". My compy tells me that you can edit the language there, not only the one for your keyboard but also that one in which the menus and windows are displayed.
Hope that helped :)

Flocito
25th February 2005, 11:42 AM
You might be able to change it going to Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language Options. I can't test this, though, since I only have English on my computer.