PDA

View Full Version : Slow

alec5216
24th February 2005, 03:18 PM
Is it just me or is the KoC server very very slowley. If it is just me what should i do about it?

VALOURDUDE
24th February 2005, 03:37 PM
No it's not you bro. At the moment playing KOC is like playing on a 56k connection. Come back space invaders all is forgiven...Come on what the hell is going on.So much for AGE 4 be twice as fast more like SNAIL PACE... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the saboteur
24th February 2005, 03:53 PM
If you played the some of the previous Age's and Beta versions you will know that KoC always runs slow at the start of the age...

This is due to many factors mostly to do with the amount of traffic caused by excessive clicking as this is when players are most active. Also lots of traffic is caused by the spammers (recruiting using the internal message system), also the new and/or exisiting accounts signing up again and the start of the age is when most people are most active in logging in and spending gold etc...

The speeds usually get a whole lot faster later on. Unless of course there are server issues at KoC atm too....

***EDIT***
Ha, just realised there is another thread open about this topic. Maybe there are more answers in there:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=11534

crazyelves
24th February 2005, 03:57 PM
^yeah its just all the stuff thats going on like they said theres been some changes under the hood.. so wait a little bit and you will see how fast it is

(fellow dial up users)

Davie
24th February 2005, 04:31 PM
yep this about the 10th thread on this issue lol.

dont worry it will speed up. be patient

SataiDelenn
25th February 2005, 06:09 PM
Several changes under the hood to improve speed and efficiency of site operations
Have fun, and good luck!

Well, this is on the Home Page on the KOC site. Kind of amusing considering how slow KOC has been lately!

Xer0n
25th February 2005, 08:02 PM
koc is going sloooooowmo today... zzz i cant even login

Prof
27th February 2005, 07:57 AM
Hey guys I am on dial-up!
All seems normal to me. Perhaps its time for me to enter the "real" world of broad band - anybody willing to loan me the funds?
Perhpas it would be better to donate it for a KoC sever upgrade according to everyone else!

Jognt
27th February 2005, 12:26 PM
Well, this is on the Home Page on the KOC site. Kind of amusing considering how slow KOC has been lately!

think about how slow it would be if the good guys hadnt been working under the hood ;)

hungryman287
27th February 2005, 04:46 PM
I have seen at least 2 of these topics in 3 days.

*->Static<-*
28th February 2005, 05:42 AM
Servers are so slow cause of the massive clicks that are given sinds the rankings are so close to eachother.

It will go faster as soon as the rankings are stable enough...

loyalPlayer
28th February 2005, 11:35 AM
koc is really slow i checked how many ppl were playing the game yesterday and it was 107,604 today there is over 112,000 players wut the heck so many ppl want to play it may never get back up to speed

hungryman287
28th February 2005, 03:54 PM
Alot of them are either new people that are going to forget about thier account after the first time they login, or some are fake accounts... ok prolly more than some.