PDA

View Full Version : /forceresetreg

ShadowGandalf
9th September 2004, 12:06 PM
hm... my boot.ini file suddenly had a /forceresetreg appended to it. it's been giving me problems so i took this off... i don't know if it's fixed the problem or not. But how did it get there? A google search doesn't even recognize the term...

Uurion
11th September 2004, 09:24 PM
sounds like something in the registry has been goofed...force reset reg....have you been messing around in the registry or have you installed any new programs?

ShadowGandalf
12th September 2004, 01:14 PM
1. No, no new installations.
2. I returned the computer to Best Buy for service (It has bad ram in addition to the weird boot.ini)
3. Ick. Does anyone have the faintest clue/find the slightest hint on the internet about this?

Uurion
12th September 2004, 11:18 PM
hmmmm...i dont know...My Boot.ini has more errors in it than a phone book made by a four year old does...I have never heard of a forceresetreg before......

does system.ini turn up anything new? Give me a few minutes and i will dig around the net see if i can find anything

EDIT: I just dug around in window.com for awhile....i havent found anything yet....Does this error have any effect on your computer as far as you can tell?....anyways i will keep looking