PDA

View Full Version : United Peace Keeping Forces

EchoKnights
20th February 2005, 08:27 PM
Now, yes this is an alliance, but I'd like you all to here me. THIS IS NOT A RECRUITING THREAD. If I posted this in the wrong place, sorry. This doesn't go into round table, it is not a recruitment thread.

This alliance is one that is created to put a stop to cheaters. Our goal is to find cheaters, investigate, and head them up to admins. If admins don't do anything, we fight the cheater. This is how it works, if there is a cheater, someone suspects one, they can go to our forum and post a cheater and their reason for suspecting it. We acquire all the IP address proof or what other proof needed and heads it up to admin where they have to do something. If not, after 5 days or so, we send a Sabotage team, or a Slayer team to sab or mass them to the point of deletion.

Basically, this is how we do it in any other case where a player is unlawfully harming another player when they have said stop and has nothing left.

Now you might be wondering how will this alliance even work? We intend to get backing of the admin of KOC .

The reason why I am posting this thread is to announce that in order for us to do our job, we need ALL players to know that if they find a cheater, post it in our forum ( there will be a board for it soon) and we will investigate.

For our alliance to work, we need you players to KNOW that there is an anti cheat alliance.

Furthermore, in order to make investigation teams work, we do require more members, but like I said, we have a GUA alliance thread in the Round Table. We allow any members because our main goal is to fight cheaters.

So in conclusion, if you players have a suspected cheater, tell us, and we will personally head it up to admins and actually do something against cheaters.

EchoKnights

Clone
20th February 2005, 10:04 PM
I guess I will move it to alliance discussion....for now.

EchoKnights
21st February 2005, 12:57 PM
Thank you clone for organizing me out.

I would like everyone to read this because there are many cheaters out there. Don't just sit around because there is a anti-cheat alliance now! Go to our recruitment thread in round table to go to our forum, (or click my banner) and you can post in the guest areas about cheaters for now. There isn't a board specifically for suspected cases yet because we have been very busy setting up for age 4.

EchoKnights

nanuuk
21st February 2005, 09:07 PM
The problem with this is that there are very few times you can actually prove someone is cheating, and you're going to end up hammering honest players in the process.

Take multiple accounts as an example. If 2 players share a computer, they might well look like a single player with 2 accounts. You're going to sab them because their parents only bought 1 computer?

In age 3 my officers and I would get together in chat and I'd do all their spying and targeting for them, since my CA was so high. From the players getting attacked perspective, they see me doing a recon and the next second they get hit for 1.5 mil in gold by a junior officer. They may well suspect that 1 person is operating 2 accounts, and they sure would be pissed about losing all that gold. In one short angry post to your board, I'm suddenly on your list of cheaters.

I applaud your intent and sentiments. Cheating can ruin the game, especially autobuyers. I just don't think that you have the tools or the access to determine if many of the suspected cheats are real, and the consequence will be plenty of collateral damage.

EchoKnights
22nd February 2005, 10:34 PM
Believe me, UFP is considering all sides to it. Your cases are true. However, you underestimate how far we intend to do our investigations. Its rather hard now because we have few members (started a week ago) and so, we intend to do all out investigations. We will have the tools necessary because we intend to contact admins.

UFP isn't only going for hackers. In fact, we look for those that hack the server like for example this player named sonic in age 3 beta (or 2, I forgot) got like 100,000 guys in one minute or so. We look to investigate those cheaters especially. Another example could be this Eizhne guy in age 3, where he persuaded people to join a recruiter that actually stole their accounts and made them his officer.

We look to investigate cheaters like those, not the usual 2 people account sharing or things like that, because common, we all did it once or know someone who did it, to go and spend TBG for your officer or w/e. theres too many out there. We look for the specific ones. But your points prove a point.

crazyelves
22nd February 2005, 11:56 PM
aahhh an alliance of snitches nice.. well it was bound to happen sooner or later.. i mean there was a cheating alliance once.. the reason being for every member you get in the command chain you get 2 accounts or more..lol.. ahywhoo this just seems like.. we are here playing KoC if a person cheats.. then thats up to them..stuff them.. dont waste time on these cheaters its not worth it.. they are not worth it.. but seeing you have plenty time.. good luck to you man

p.s if 2 alliances are going to war will you step in and start up peace talks?

EchoKnights
23rd February 2005, 03:39 PM
In the case of two alliances at war, right now, we have no true authority to stop them. Maybe when we get more members. Alliances are ALWAYS at war (besides neutral ones). So we decided that we do not stop wars, but instead jump in and help if one alliance is crushed to no more and defenceless. If both alliances are putting up a fair fight, we will not interfere.

crazyelves
23rd February 2005, 08:50 PM
aahh awesome.. i might check this out

(p.s in my other post i was only joking... about you being snitches.. you are more like helpers for the admins.. i hope you guys do great cause shit we all know they need all the help they can get to stomp out all these cheaters)

EchoKnights
23rd February 2005, 08:55 PM
I appreciate your concern and understanding very much crazyelves! KOC admins are busy, but they put the "report cheater" button just to take up more page bandwidth. They don't even read most mail. Thats why me and a couple of long timers decided to make UFP. My banner is linked below.