PDA

View Full Version : Random factor re spying

stealthpup
18th February 2005, 07:35 AM
Exactly just how random is it?

The reason I ask:
today, when doing reconnaisance on a person with a Sentry rating less than 1/10 of my Spy rating, fewer than half of them gave results. On the other hand, I succeeded on the first try with a reconnaisance mission on a person with a Sentry rating4 times that of my Spy rating.

That just seems......nuts.

King_Cameleon
18th February 2005, 09:37 AM
it's a protcetion for the smaller players, otherwise the big players can sab almost everybody in the game, while little players have more change to spy on big players.

Jab
18th February 2005, 12:58 PM
you anwser your own question. where difference is big you can succeed 11/11 times. (like in 100m spy to 1m sentry) when the sentry gets nearer to your spy it gets more random. same with higher sentry. you have more chance to succeed with spying 2's your spy rating than 10 times your spy rating. But its still quite random

what i saw is that spying high(er) sentry gets a succes first 1/2 times than all failure. with spying low(er) sentry first failure than succes.

to answer your question, noone that plays koc knows exact formula's and i think many factors include if you succeed (think about spies/sentry's/tools/army size/maybe race/rank/sentry/spy etc.) so also noone knows how random it is