PDA

View Full Version : Just something I would like

Lord_Herz
16th February 2005, 06:34 PM
Even though I know that the recruiting link is a unique part of this game, I wish there was two different versions of KOC, one with the recruiting link option, and one without. I know this might not be favorable by some people but as far as my friends and I see it is that the only way really to get to the top on this game is by using recruiters, so it's basically it's a contest to see who can get the most clicks. Everyone on the top are in dozens of different recruiters, my friends and I see that as cheating (no offense to the people that use them.) I think that it would be fair to those that don't use them to get a server that doesn't give you a recruiting address so they atleast have a chance to get on top on one that everyone is on an equal playing field.

Jedi
16th February 2005, 09:59 PM
Yes! I wholeheartedly agree with you! Better yet, no chain of commands! If things are equal I believe Boriszima will be champion!

GreenArrow
17th February 2005, 02:06 AM
What would be the point of even having officers if there is no unique link?

I'de probably play both, cuz I remember in AGE2, I had 1 main account under a commander, and I had my bro as an officer, and I had a solo account I used to figure out tactics, and I had more fun playing my solo account than the 1 my commander clicked like crazy. Ofcourse if they do this, I feel that unit production costs should start at 25,000 gold, and double from there.

I really think they need 3 KoC's really. the real 1, the 1 you mentioned, and 1 that goes under constant beta changes. If it were like that, I wouldn't even touch the real 1, unless I liked some changes they made according to what hapens in the beta.

Lord_Herz
17th February 2005, 01:30 PM
I can understand about no commanders, even though I don't have a problem really with it. My commander and I talked on msn last night and agreed that making someone your commander is a waste of time really except for protection except for that in order to get it they must be one that cares. I think this game could have multiple versions, but I figure'd I post the one that matter the most to me first, and post the rest latter.

EworTam
17th February 2005, 02:57 PM
I just dont understand how so many people come on these forums and say unique links, recruiters, alliances, command chains etc... should be ditched. I understand people want to have an input in this game - but these are the major aspects of the game that has made it so popular. There are loads of games that don't have this. Play them instead dont whinge saying you want basically a whole different game. Personally I think the things I mentionned make this game what it is, otherwise it would be totally dull and pretty one dimensional (that might be a bad way of trying to say what I think but you get what I mean).

There is loads more on this topic in the Official Unique Link Thread I have posted in there a couple times and I cant be bothered to repeat myself now.

Lord_Herz
17th February 2005, 04:23 PM
I can understand why some people would be upset about this, however, in this game it seems the only way to win is by spending hours at your computer doing nothing but using recruiters, in a way it takes away the whole strategy part of the game, it doesn't matter how well you play win all you need to do is spend hours using recruiters. Besides, I'm not saying get rid of them, I'm just saying that we should add options that allow people to decide if they want to use recruiters, or play using only prue strategy.

GreenArrow
17th February 2005, 04:26 PM
I understand that Unique links are apart of the game, always were apart of the game, and always will be apart of the game. However, the game itself is evolving past these things so that solo players really get more enjoyment out of playing than some1 who has 40 officers.

Besides, no1 would be forcing you to play a game w/ no unique links. That would be your choice. If you still wanna play your arms race game with your little clan members, and claim that you belong to the best command chain, then by all means go ahead. A suggestion like this wouldn't change anything at all... even if it were implemented. I don't see why we shouldn't have a choice between a game w/ or w/out unique links.

You could even make up for lost $$$ by putting more advertisements on the no unique link version, so that this way it still makes money. You could even get korney w/ it, and get a different server to run it off of, and make the domain name www.kingsforchaos.com

Propugnator
17th February 2005, 05:08 PM
Nice idea, might want to change the name though... Anyone up for some KFC?

GreenArrow
17th February 2005, 08:27 PM
OMG!!! I didn't even notice that. that's an even better reason to make that game. :rofl: ROFLMAO!!!

That was fukking great. I am so gonna own the KFC!!!!!!!!

:apc:

Lord_Paul_IV
17th February 2005, 09:51 PM
Haha, that's crazy. You know, I don't mind the unique links, but there is really no way to get rid of recruiters, which give a better advantage to people with more time and modem speed, than if you take away the links. I mean think about it. If my modem gets 33.6k, I have a job, and I go to school, then I have no time and no modem speed to compete with the other people. I love KoC, and I wish I could play pure strategy. I don't think I'd be number one, but I am sure I'd be doing a lot better. Plus, I have had to force a few people to be my officer through conquest, which irked me that I needed to do that. In fact, Lord Herz here was one of the first I forced to join me. We really became good friends after that, though; but anyway, moving on, taking away unique links is the only way to be rid of recruiters. You may say we could put in a password so only those who enter the password can get to the unique site, but you could still put the password on some recruiter website. There really is no other way to even the odds. Games like these should be about who is the best player, not who has more modem speed and free time.

Edit: But maybe they could make it so that number of soldiers doesn't determine wealth. Maybe they could add something about land holdings. The more land you have, the better you're doing, and every day so much land is added to what you have. I dunno, it'd get complicated. But then soldiers would only be needed to hold your weapons, so spending all that time using a recruiter would get you nowhere.

Lord_Herz
17th February 2005, 10:00 PM
Yes, I totally agree with you paul, I don't mind the links either, but it's the only way to get rid of the recruiters. I must admit that I use to use recruiters. Then Paul an I talked and using recruiters really didn't mean I was good at the game, using them gets you on the top, but it doesn't mean you had to work and use your brain to get there, it just means that you have alot of spare time.

Denny
18th February 2005, 05:55 AM
I can understand why some people would be upset about this, however, in this game it seems the only way to win is by spending hours at your computer doing nothing but using recruiters, in a way it takes away the whole strategy part of the game, it doesn't matter how well you play win all you need to do is spend hours using recruiters.
Unfortunately you're reasoning from a faulty starting point - in fact, nobody who is in the top ten got there by clicking on recruiters. We got there by building up powerful alliances and/or command-chains, making deals with other players and alliances, etc etc. The top ranks are all about politics and diplomacy, not clicking.

GreenArrow
18th February 2005, 07:25 AM
Unfortunately you're reasoning from a faulty starting point - in fact, nobody who is in the top ten got there by clicking on recruiters. We got there by building up powerful alliances and/or command-chains, making deals with other players and alliances, etc etc. The top ranks are all about politics and diplomacy, not clicking.

That can't be much fun. I can imagine that becoming almost a hassle to deal with, but mabey it's easier for you since your ranked #1. That might get people to "see" things more "clearly"... not that I'm saying anything against you.

I'm just saying between solo strategy and politics, I would pick solo any day. It's more fun, and you find there's alot more to do. The only thing it lacks is a sence of community since you rely soly on yourself, and not others. There's no need for PM's and the like... but I don't really care to get to know people I'm never gonna meet anyway, so what's the point?

Xer0n
18th February 2005, 07:52 AM
without recruiting it would be a whole new game yes... so then why do u play koc now if you want to change the game so bad?

GreenArrow
18th February 2005, 04:43 PM
without recruiting it would be a whole new game yes... so then why do u play koc now if you want to change the game so bad?

Uhmm... is that a question for me, or some1 else?

Well I play KoC, cuz I like trying to figure out some of the strategies that we are capable of doing, and I also like figuring out the mathematical relations certain #'s have w/ each other. You can see that clearly in my past posts since I usually put some math into my explinations.

STARBLASTER
19th February 2005, 10:45 PM
"Unfortunately you're reasoning from a faulty starting point - in fact, nobody who is in the top ten got there by clicking on recruiters. We got there by building up powerful alliances and/or command-chains, making deals with other players and alliances, etc etc. The top ranks are all about politics and diplomacy, not clicking."

No offense intended ( must remember to cancel account and rejoin with new alias ) but...
Isn't this like saying
"I represent one of the 10 most powerful armies on earth but I have never
held a rifle ( my armies have heaps though )".
OR
"I am absolutely honest in all my dealings but most of the people who work for me could be criminals"

Over the space of 7 months given the number of 'people' who MUST have clicked a link and visited the KOC site then why aren't there more armies.
Green Arrow can handle the math ( pretty please ).

STARBLASTER
20th February 2005, 05:47 PM
By my rough calc.
Since July 2004 of the total number of soldiers ( 36+million ) AT LEAST 23,000,000 'people' clicked unique links to join an army but never formed an army of their own.
Yes I OVER allowed for the internal 24 hr recruitment cycle.
( 217 days x ALL 141,000 players x 4 per day = 12,238,800 )
Am I just being jealous ?
Absolutely !!
I can only dream of having a thousand people clicking away furiously at these recruiters and building a massive army for me.
It does take a LOT of skill and dedication to manage resources of this magnitude and given your army I know full well that I personally wouldn't have a hope of even getting in the top 200 BUT...
... that's not the point is it.
This is not the stuff any potential advertiser's dreams are made of
especially ( and I hope this is not the case ) if they are paying for page impressions and not 'click throughs'.
At this stage of KOC development Nick and the boys should be considering 'internalising' recruitment.
Potential advertisers will then see a pool of 100k plus 'active' and 'real' players
who log on every day and are more likely to click through than some idiots spending all day clicking on a link and barely giving a banner ad a chance to load.