PDA

View Full Version : Movies Law & Order

Trithalol
8th September 2004, 05:37 PM
Ive been watching it for a couple weeks and I think that its pretty kool..:)
cant not watch it .. if ya know wat i mean ... the storylines are always great ..

do any of you guyz watch it?

Krystin
8th September 2004, 07:57 PM
I use to but I never have time anymore. And what I mean by use to, Maybe once or twice a month, now I don't even get that. They have how many law and orders, 3 now?.....reg L&O, L&O SUV and one other. It wasnt like one was enough. But not really into it anymore.

doos
8th September 2004, 09:12 PM
Criminal Intent is third, I believe.

I like the cops on the original Law and Order (and Ice-T on SVU) -- it was always that one old guy, and a different partner every season. The old guy is badass. And L&O has the whole "DUN-DUN" sound every time they go to a new location.

However, I am a bigger fan of CSI, and their crew.

Kracker
10th September 2004, 02:34 PM
Ice-T, he rocks. My nan loves Law and Order, so whenever I go to visit her, I end up watching episodes of Law and order non-stop.
Im not sure which series, but it was really good.
it was about refugees being imported into the country.
WOuld definitly watch Law and Order again in the future.

Marushia
10th September 2004, 10:53 PM
Hell Yeah!! I love this show. I've been watching it now and then for at least a year. Ice-T and Jerry Orbach pwn all. Sam Waterson is really good too.

Orbach ->
:worship:

Perad
11th September 2004, 05:17 AM
I don't like the one with the black cop and old man. But i like the other one... "criminal intent?" its really good, i like the psycologist adn well... everything about it

Trithalol
11th September 2004, 09:26 PM
lol i like the ones with the black cop .. lol .. those are the ones i like most .. prolly cuz their the only ones i really see ..

Marushia
11th September 2004, 11:23 PM
I don't like the one with the black cop and old man. But i like the other one... "criminal intent?" its really good, i like the psycologist adn well... everything about it

Dude, are you off your nut? That's the original Law and Order. It's the best!! And, btw, the old guy is called Jerry Orbach. He's a famous actor who also played in one of the Naked Gun movies, Dirty Dancing, and a few others, but his claim to fame is Law and Order.

MasterHiei
10th October 2004, 12:46 PM
Yea I like law and order. I like CI better than SVU because I like trying to come up with who the murderer is, rather than trying to come up with how they are gonna catch the rapist.

royalflush
11th October 2004, 09:48 AM
Yea I like law and order. I like CI better than SVU because I like trying to come up with who the murderer is, rather than trying to come up with how they are gonna catch the rapist
I think you mean you like SVU and the origional better than CI. CI is the one where you know who the criminal is. And I agree with you on that. I never really got into CI because of that.

I love the Original and SVU though ! I've been watching them for years and years, but I only got really into them in the past few years. My mom loves Law and Order and my dad also loves it. They've actually been watching Law and Order since the begining. Seasons 1, 2, and 14 of the original are out on DVD now.

I really like it because it truly feels real. And it should, because it's ripped from the headlines (which makes me laugh at the disclaimer when they show it). That also makes some of the episodes kind of creepy, especially SVU. And they don't win all of the cases either. And sometimes they find out they're wrong. And, even at the end you don't always know if they made the right decision or if the person is guilty or not.

royalflush
12th October 2004, 03:22 AM
And most of it is all fake. Stories being taken is one thing, but most of the information behind the stories, the investigation, the lead up is all extremely inaccurate. I cant stand to watch TV cop shows since they portray everything all wrong.

If you're going to post something like this, back it up with some examples to explain what you're talking about. Thanks.

That being said, I highly doubt that TV cop shows portray everything wrong. Were you in a bad mood when you posted this or do you truely believe it ?

MCeley
12th October 2004, 06:03 AM
I personally like the first two Law and Orders. I haven't seen Criminal Intent yet cuz it never really interested me since I already watched the first two. Figured it would just be a crappy spinoff. Anyway, yeah the first two are great but I like Special Victims Unit better than the original. Don't get me wrong though cuz the first one is awesome but SVU is just better. I personally like the one where the 6 year old shoots his friend by accident cuz he was aiming for this other guy who's a killer. Then they get the boy to wear a mask and identify the killer. The boy thinks he's gonna burn in hell but later doesn't think that but they get the real killer. I don't know if any of you have seen it but it's a good one with a bunch of twists.
That's the think with L&O, there's lots of twists. That's what keeps me watching it cuz I like to see how things turn out after about 20 twists in what seemed like a simple plot.
Well I'm gonna stop ranting now. :rant:

FishyFred
12th October 2004, 02:08 PM
I bet you have watched the show "Cops" and thought you were actually watching real cops and real police action too.Are you referring to the fact that the presence of the cameras puts the cops in a position to act differently than they would (true) or are you saying something else?

Cop shows HAVE to take liberties to keep the main characters onscreen for as long as possible. Take CSI. Gil and co. are an imaginary group. No forensics lab has the same people collect evidence and analyze it as they do. Forensic scientists NEVER interview suspects. They do it to keep the show interesting.

royalflush
13th October 2004, 02:06 AM
yes but like I said, it is a large inaccuracy.

And I am referring to the fact that the show "Cops" is fake. I can point out a lot of things they do, say, and how they react which are false, and if you the viewer happened to know that they were wrong, you would be quite upset.

Stay on topic. This is a Law and Order thread, not a Cops thread. If you want to talk about how bad Cops is, open a thread for it. Don't waste our time with it in here.

That being said, Law and Order does take some liberties. Any tv show or movie has to. Even ones based on fact. For instance, we can't waste our time seeing every single cop and detective who participated in a case. Or the amount of time that some cases take. They do the best they can, considering the circumstances (1 hour with commercial breaks).

FishyFred
14th October 2004, 06:07 PM
Don't get into an argument about Cops. Please. Just stay on topic.

royalflush: You're bordering on mini-modding, which isn't appreciated by myself or others. Your mini-modding right here incited the "get over yourself" comment from Dante.

Dante: Watch yourself. You don't want to get too heated. Nobody does.

And CSI isn't incredibly accurate. It's only as accurate as they can make the science. IRL, people who collect the evidence are NOT the people who analyze the evidence under the microscope and such. Also, CSIs NEVER interview suspects. EVER.