PDA

View Full Version : Most Knowledgeable Rpers of ONE Element

Jin_the_Legend
8th February 2005, 05:45 AM
Thatís right people, read the title. I want to know who you believe to be the most knowledgeable in a single playable element. Not someone that knows em allÖI want to know who is the most experienced/best/informed of their particular element. Just the ones that can be realistically rped, so none of those Theta, Omega, or Black Scarab Admin elements are necessary.

Alpha, is a pretty obvious decision considering he is the only one, to my knowledge, that has the full definition of the Alpha elementÖbecause he was in fact the person who created the definition for Gua or at least expanded upon it. Hawk/Redeemed, but I could be wrong there might be someone more knowledgeable then Redeemed in the Alpha element. If so please post here.

All other elements however are unclear. Masters within the academy are a prime choice, however there are more out there I believe that simply arenít masters in the academy.

Dark: Dynellen Unholy (4), Hysteria(6), TheBadGuy (TBG)(2), Oak, CheesePOWAH!, Anubis(2), Carnage

Light: Angel(2), Fallen, Spectrus, Legion(12), Absolution(6), The Truth, Spectrus

Fire: Oak(2), Fusion(2), TheBadGuy (TBG), Armin Sharp(8), Pstr2blvia(5), Callisto(2), Wolve, Samurai

Wind: Marushia(5), HookerBodyShots(HBS)(2), Dragon Viper(2), Oak(3), Gil_Galad, Hawk

Water: Zach(7), Nox(2), LMTHG(sp?), Oceana(3), Oak, Swordsplay, DragonsPhyre

Earth: Greg(7), Evil Red(6), Oak, Jin, Smeff, Legion, Pengamos(2)

Lightning: Bad_Kharma(12), Vincent_7(4), Blankwindow(2), ~Delita Hyral~, Daedalus, Tau

Spirit: Talhathier, Hoax(2), Daralith(5), Demordeth(5), Ace_of_Spades, AliDheren(4), Anubis

Bio: Ace_of_Spades(10), Angryn3wb(6)

Psi: The Truth(8), Carnage(3), Oak

Alpha: Redeemed (Hawk)(6), Omega(3)

Spectral: Forsaken(7), Carnage, Oak

Iíll continue to update this list as the posts start coming in. Please try to only list ONE person for each element you reply to. And thereís no need to justify why you answer the way you do because I will assume the person you list as the most knowledgeable is truly of great caliber.

Furthermore, if YOU feel you are the most knowledgeable for a particular element then please donít be shy. Itís not bragging IF you can back it up, and back it up you shall.

If you list yourself as the most knowledge within an element then I would like you to briefly, in your own words, describe that element. Simply copying and pasting Paladinís definitions of the elements wonít suffice.

Finally, the reason for this thread is not to stir up some kind of argument over whoís the most knowledge in a certain element, rather itís a research project Iím conducting. This is merely a way to refine my research. So any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Warning- If this threads becomes a source of conflict and confrontation for petty squabbling Iíll have no problem in handing this thread over to a Hoax, Pstr, Vincent or Delita. Youíve been warned.

P.S.- If Iím missing a playable element then please let me know. Thanks.

Angryn3wb
8th February 2005, 06:21 AM
Why not add N/A?

Fire? Molofroggyninjatree. He had some unique spells that wernt godmody

Hoax
8th February 2005, 06:25 AM
Dark: Dynellen Unholy: this guy not only understands the darkness extremely well he seems to embody the essence of the element in his primary character.

Light: I must be honest and say I have never seen a solid light user in action
Fire: I'm unsure, while allot of RPers are fire users I am yet to actually see a noteworthy fire user in full action.
Wind: same as light, no one sees to use wind as a primary.
Water: same as fire.
Earth: now this is a hard one. While I have heard of good earth users (Redtigerfang and qbirt or what ever his name is now :p) I have not actually seen them in full flight and as such feel unable to properly comment on the matter.

Lightning: I would say Bad_karmah but I have a feeling he would say some one else. I'm rather biased on this one as BK is the only real lightning user I have ever seen in full swing.

Spirit: Talhathier or myself.
Talhathier seems to concern himself more with the subtleties of spirit and I am yet to see a full blown action spell of his in swing.

For myself I would simply like to say that my definition of spirit is this: Spirit; the life force of all things. From the mightiest of whales to the smallest of rocks everything has a spiritual existence on the ethereal plane. Gaia is the collective spirit of the world but not the only world spirit. The moon has a spirit too.

These energies are what any spirit user is taping into when they cast a spell. while not necessarily power from with in or power from the environment the spirit energies can some times be called weak, simply because spirit users are more in tune with there environment.
For me spirit is as much a philosophy as it is an element.

Bio: again, I am yet to see a bio user in full flight.
Psi: Truth? I wouldn’t know, really but if I had to vote then I would say The Truth.

Spectral: Hysteria. Even though he doesn’t use it yet I have confidence that he shall become the greater of all spectral users (:p sry forsaken, you can be second best.)

(PS: keeping a close eye on this one for Jin :eek13: )

Legion
8th February 2005, 06:26 AM
If you want someone more knowlegable than Redeemed on Alpha, you're talking about Omega himself.

As for Spectral try Forsaken, or Carnage.

Edit: For light you might want to try Angel. Though I remember Fallen and Spectrus also being good Lighties. :slant:

Nesuke
8th February 2005, 09:55 AM
Fire: It going to have to be Fusion, I can remember his collection of spells and his use of them was extraordinary...

Dark:TBG is the Dark MASTER!! His character was all out Dark, many put him down for his modern technique, but I think it was quite effective...

Lightning:Its a toss up but Vincent07 is the one and only lightning master of all time...

Spirit:I know who your thinking, and your right....KaiRa/Daralith, always and forever...

Light:Legion all the way...

Void:Now then, I guess everyone thinks...WTF is Void now???!! Doctahluuvv is your answer...

Demordeth
8th February 2005, 10:19 AM
Dark: Dy'nellen Unholy.

Light: Absolution

Fire: Fusion

Wind: Marushia

Water: Zach

Earth: greg

Lightning: Bad_Kharma

Bio: Ace_of_Spades

Psi: Carnage

Spectral: Forsaken

Spirit: Demordeth

You want a description, you'll get it, but I can't make it smaller. It's an exerpt from the document I am creating for my training thread.

The Spirit Element

As opposed to a multitude of misconceptions about the element, everything in existence on the physical and ethereal plain has a spirit. In other words, everything that exists on the physical plain MUST have an ethereal counterpart, however, ethereal existences ("spirits") don't necessarily have a physical representation. Whether it is alive, dead, or lifeless, it has a spirit, and with proper knowledge a spirit mage will be able to modify it.

The ethereal representation of something in this world is called "spirit", though when talking about humans we may also say "soul". Though invisible to mundane folk, spirit mages may visualize this ethereal existence on the physical plane, and manipulate it as such. As an ethereal counterpart always clings to the location of its physical brother, it is often referred to as the spiritual "aura" by the ones with the ability to manipulate it.

Now, the aura itself. I will take a human aura for example, as it is the most complex and understanding it would mean you understand everything but the divine branch of the spiritual realm. First of all, the aura is "woven", which means that it is not one, solid, mass, but a multitude of different ethereal threads which wrap around and overlap each other. There are so many of them that, from far away to the untrained novice, it may seem like a glowing white aura.

This aura is the constitution of one's existence: it holds thoughts, morals, but also "life", this "life" is commonly referred to as one's "soul". The outer layers of the aura hold useless memories, memories whom are not needed by anyone. You may understand that the size of an ethereal aura increases as a person grows older and more knowledgeable, as each experience adds another thread to the spirit.

Spirit magic is, in its most basic form, the manipulating of these threads. It is a balanced force, as the aura makes sure that each element is represented in the needed amount by a certain object. This may require additional explanation:

Let's say we take the spiritual aura of a rock. A rock has a HUGE amount of the element Earth represented, with little Water and Wind, and slightly more Fire (as a rock is well-protected against heat). A heavy gale on the physical plain erodes the stone: the aura of this gale has overpowered that of the rock, and has increased the amount of Wind represented within the rock to divide it into multiple parts (the grains of sand that were scoured off the rock's surface).

You could try to ask why only a few parts of the stone dissolved into sand, instead of the entire stone being taken by the gale. The answer is simple: although the gale's aura was stronger, the rock's own aura never stops its attempt to keep the amounts of each element the object originally possessed - it strives to remain the same. While the gale tried to convert the entire Earth element in the rock to Wind, the rock's spirit confined the limits of the Wind element before it could do too much harm. The result is that the rock remains, even though it has become smaller due to the gale.

This example included manipulation by nature. This happens and usually it has no real impact on the world's balance. However, if spirit mages manually try to confine different elements within an object to create a desired effect, the world's spiritual balance may be lost. Though the power of manipulating objects like this seems limitless, spiritual mages must always remember that balance is key to their magics, and that balance should be retained throughout every course of action they take.

Small disclaimer: notice that this manipulating of objects may represent Alpha somewhat. This is true, and I think that Alpha is one of the closest elements to Spirit. However, there is a distinct difference: Alpha directly changes the physical representation of an object, while Spirit can only hope to indirectly influence a physical representation by manipulating an object's ethereal properties.

Also notice that by Earth, Water, Wind, and Fire, not the actual, physical elements are meant (though they CAN play a role in high-level spells), but more the ideas. Earth, for example, means rest, sturdiness, being conservative. Wind can be creativeness, Water can be flexibility, and Fire represents the more abstract ideas like desire, lust, or greed.

Have I made myself clear? :p

Marushia
8th February 2005, 10:34 AM
Well, for wind, you have me, HBS, and I forget who the last person was ... maybe BW. I gave a pretty good disection of the types of flight back when we were split into teams. I'll try to find it again if you want.

Ace is definitely your man for Bio and Spirit.

BW is really good for Lightning, but now that I've taken Electrostatics, I'm a bit more knowledgeable as well.

Water would probably be Nox, Armin for Fire.

Paladin and Legion are perhaps your best bet for Light.

If you can find him, Hedmund is a great earth master.

I'm also pretty good with the non-standard (and consequently, not used) elements as well. You know the ones I'm talking about: Time, Void, Arcana, etc. Although I've never gotten much chance to practice them. Still, you probably don't need that, so I'll shut up.

I haven't seen too much of Hawk lately. Maybe try asking his g/f where he's hiding these days.

Paradise Wandering
8th February 2005, 10:58 AM
Bio: No idea

Light: Absolution hands down.

Dark: ...Not sure... too many dark users these days... I guess Callan or Hysteria. In a spar, I think Hyst would win simply out of pure creativity.

Spirit: Demordeth or Hoax. Both really know the element well and are both good candidates for best. Err, sorry Hoax, but if I had to choose one, it is Demordeth for best.

Fire: Pstr2blvia

Water: Err, umm... Me...

My definition or water is that it is the essence of purity, an element that can be a passive, life giving elixer, but it can also be a violent, destructive, disastrously powerful ally. Water can be pulled from anywhere, lakes, aquafers, human bodies, or even the air itself.

Wind: Maru

Lightning: Bk

Earth: Gregbirt

Alpha: Redeemed or Omega

Psi: The Truth

Duke Manboy IV
8th February 2005, 11:57 AM
If you can find him, Hedmund is a great earth master.
<3

Earth: Gregbirt
<3

Redtigerfang and qbirt or what ever his name is now
<3

Earth: Anvar
</3 :icon_blus

dark: Dy'nellen
light: alexis paladin the dragonlord absolutionman!
fire: pstr2blvia
wind: marushia, hookerbodyshots
water: LMTHG(sp?)
earth: the immortal redtigerfang, greg, anvar. (in order from best to worst, no offense.)
lightning: bad_kharma, vincent, delita
bio: angryn3wb
spirit: demordeth

Nesuke
8th February 2005, 12:04 PM
OKOK! This is my list of the best while going through them...

Dark: The Bad Guy, His use of modern machinery did cause some conflict as to his use of his element, but underneath his character was very dark minded, maybe not evil, but he had bad intentions, hence the name "The Bad Guy"...
Light: Legion, a true elite roleplayer, although he considers himself to be a weak link in the chain of glorious roleplayers, I find him quite extraordinary in his attempts to stun Gua with his nice use of grammar. By Gua's standards he is the best Light user, his characters use Light in a way never seen before, this makes him special, lets hope his sister can follow in his footsteps...
Fire: Fusion, ever heard the name Fusion before? I think most of you have. Fusion_X_Dragon first joined about one and a half years ago, he was considered poor by most roleplayer's standards, but after a month or two he picked it up. He stunned me with his good bold descriptions and use of character building, after a few months he managed to rack up a few thousand posts from training and roleplaying, and collected the most Fire spells ever, I truely do consider him to be the most influential Fire user to be a member of Gua.
Wind: Dragon Viper
Water: Zach (May I just say you are really exceptional...)
Earth: RedTigerFang
Lightning: Vincent07
Bio: angryn3wb
Spirit: Daralith
Ice: DragonsPhyre (You can't deny it!)

I wish I could put my name up there but 1. I'm a has-been 2. I have never delved far enough into an element to know its true meanings...

Angryn3wb
8th February 2005, 12:32 PM
Bio: I'll vote for myself. Ri'D is vicious, with a wide range of Bio techniques and people aregue with me that Zelig is a Bio/Light, and Zelig is my favorite chara.

Earth: Rock-Out with Master Metal Head Hedmund of Xena Inc. (get the double joke)

----

My problem with Paladins light is it was based more off of holy magic than anything else.

And Armin Sharp is much better then Fusion guys, with lack of Armin at this board - Molofroggyninjatree hands down. Not only is oakenshield the better roleplayer, but he always stood up for what was right in the BA - he never bitched out on something because it might make him unpopular with the Admins.

What does Fusion have?

Vincent7
8th February 2005, 02:09 PM
Alright heres my list. Some of these people you might not know, cause they were from a short while ago. Also people, please put a reason why you vote for these people, theres got to be a reason more than just a name :icon_blus

FIRE: Armin Sharp. I remember fighting him in a tournament long ago. It was the hardest fight I have ever had. Many thought that we was close to godmodding at that time, well I think he was just mastering RPing. There is no doubt Armin holds this spot.

WATER: Oceana/Whatever her name is now. I really havent seen too many people RP with water, but I do know that she knows what she is doing. I think I sparred her once, Water against Electricity. A tricky fight.

LIGHTNING: I would have to agree with the others that it would have to be BK. I thought that I knew everything about lightning, then when I got into a discussion with him about it, it blew me away how little I truely knew.

BIO Angryn3wb. Why? Because I dont really know any other Bio users at this point in time. And, I do know that he is an excellent RPer and knows what he is doing.

LIGHT: It would have to be Legion. My goodness, who can RP like he can? I like the creativity he has, and the way he uses light.

WIND: Dragon Viper. Since there are little wind masters around, he would be the most knowledged. He had been around the boards for a while, and has been somewhat active in spars.

DARK: The Bad Guy. Hands down the best dark user (and the coolest) there is and ever will be. Although he didnt use his element too much, he still knew how to use it, and when to use it, especially in his wars of conquest.

EARTH: I would have to say Redtigerfang. He has always used earth since I have known him (and that's been over a year). He has the experience to say, well, not to get him angry when sparring him.

SPIRIT: Daralith. A great quest maker and sparrer, expect a strong fight against the spirits here. Daralith is very knowledgeable with spirit.

And I guess thats it. If I missed anything, ill update this post ^_^

Blankwindow
8th February 2005, 03:46 PM
Dammit the bastard bk is getting all the credit for what i taught him. anyway lol... I am the most knowledgable. But since I know longer participate in the BA. I will drop the title and give it to BK

Fire: Armin no contest. the only other person even close now adays is more or less inactive.

Water. Same as Vincent Oceana

Wind: this is a hard one but I will go with Marushia

Earth: RedTigerFang

Spirit: Hmm toss up between Ali and Dara...

Alpha: Hawk... he as far as i know hasn't really taught anyone else. And he created the damn thing

Dark: hmmm i haven't see anyone with a good grasp on dark in over a year...

Light: Legion or paladin...

Bio: Ace of Spades

Khaos
8th February 2005, 05:31 PM
I would say Callisto for Fire... he taught us alot.

Anubis
8th February 2005, 09:12 PM
Spectral: Bullshit element. Anyone can do it, Molotov wins.

Psi: Not sure, as it's rarely been used... probably pstr2blvia, Molotov, or myself. Most likely Molotov.

Light: The Truth, since that's all I've ever seen him do at the BA aside from Sith stuff.

Fire: I've probably got the most fire experience with Callisto and Fusion, with Cgarx coming up (where'd he go?), which is unfortunate. Anyone who used as much fire spells as I did needs to find another hobby. However, I think Molotov deserves the title. Anyone who's seen his Fire training threads will know precisely why.

Wind: I have yet to see anyone do anything special with wind. I saw some fun stuff from old guys that aren't on anymore, so the title gets passed down to... Oak.

Water: The oldies are gone... Oak. Again. I've never seen him use water, but I'm confident that if he did he'd smoke anyone and everyone.

Earth: I haven't seen anything special from anyone still around. Everybody wins. And if everybody wins, it goes to who could RP it the best... and that'd be Molotov.

Lightning: Damned if I know. All I've ever seen from lightning users is the same zappo-flashy-shock shit. Probably BK, but that's just because Vincent said so. Maybe Blankwindow, I don't know. I can't tell the difference, and I never bothered to try... zappo-flashy-shock. If I had to make a choice right now I'd go with Daedalus, since I think he'd do it the best.

Bio: Dunno... Rune Starlight? Ace? Whatever he calles himself now?

Dark: Molotov. Earendil... me... Lady Scorpion... just doesn't do the trick. Especially since the other two are gone. I saw a few dark dudes try to become masters in my day, but I hung onto the master title because I didn't see anything special. Frankly, I still don't.

Spirit: Me. Why? Because I haven't seen Molotov do it, that's why. Lucky me.

I've seen a good amount of people who have been faithful practitioners of the Godmoding Like Hell element, but I won't mention their names.

Hysteria
8th February 2005, 10:49 PM
Dark: Dynellen or CheesePOWAH!

Light: Spectrus

Earth: RedTigerFang (EvilRed)

Lightning: BadKharma

Bio: Ace/BadKharma

Psi: Carnage/Truth

Spectral: Forsaken i guess, i dont know how much Carnage knows about it.

Ace_of_Spades
9th February 2005, 04:30 AM
Ace is definitely your man for Bio and Spirit.

Thanks Marushia.

Dark: Anubis

Light: Legion

Fire: Armin_Sharp (or whatever his name is now)

Wind: Gil_Galad

Water: can't say honestly.

Earth: Jin, or Smeff (only two I have ever fought with earth.)

Lightning: Vincent_7 or Blankwindow

Bio: Molotov. He doesn't use this much anymore, but he helped me come up with my spells, and he helped me understand the element more than I do. But if we are going on about currently most definately myself, no one has challenged me yet in Bio, that's all I know.

Psi: The_Truth (who else uses Psi?)

Marushia
9th February 2005, 05:59 AM
I shall have to look into these other wind masters you speak of (DragonViper and GilGhalad). Maybe I'll have to come back and reopen my dojo to prove myself.

Thanks Marushia.

Your welcome, Ace.

Dammit the bastard bk is getting all the credit for what i taught him. anyway lol... I am the most knowledgable. But since I know longer participate in the BA. I will drop the title and give it to BK

I gave you credit.

Psi: ... Most likely Molotov.

Light: The Truth, since that's all I've ever seen him do at the BA aside from Sith stuff.

Fire: ... I think Molotov deserves the title. Anyone who's seen his Fire training threads will know precisely why.

Wind: ... Oak.

Water: The oldies are gone... Oak...

Earth: ... Molotov.

Lightning: Damned if I know... (Might as well be Molotov)

Bio: Dunno... (Might as well be Molotov)

Dark: Molotov...

Spirit: Me. Why? Because I haven't seen Molotov do it, that's why. Lucky me.

Way to be helpful, Anubis.

So in other words, you think we should leave all this to Oak. Nice. As if the guy doesn't have enough shit to do.

Petoux
9th February 2005, 09:35 AM
Dark: Hysteria

Light: I think Hysteria is good with this one to, im unsure though. Legion is probably the best choice.

Fire: Most likely Wolve is a fire god, you could try Callisto. Armin_Sharp would also fit somewhere in the top three fire users for sure.

Wind: Mr. Oak was excellent at using wind. Yet I think hes more inactive, so you might want to choose someone else.

Water: Zach, or me to be honest, either or.

Earth: No idea, maybe RedTigerFang?

Lightning: Bad_Kharma for sure, no one is better.

Spirit: No idea, my guess is Daralith.

Bio: Angryn3wb

Psi: The Truth is my bet that knows this one best.

Spectral: Probably Forsaken

As for ice, i don't think that really counts, otherwise I would pick DragonsPhyre as well.

Good luck finding what you are looking for, hope I helped. :)

My definition of water, with a little help to have me explain it best. (" " means that the info is taken from www.dictionary.com to help me define water.).

"A clear, colorless, odorless, and tasteless liquid, H2O, essential for most plant and animal life and the most widely used of all solvents. Freezing point 0įC (32įF); boiling point 100įC (212įF); specific gravity (4įC) 1.0000; weight per gallon (15įC) 8.338 pounds (3.782 kilograms)."

Self explanitory, water is the essence for all life on the planet. You can use water in either its frozen, liquid, or gas form to create either destructive, healing, passive, defensive, or offensive spells. Water can either be free flowing or projectiled into the opponent. It is possible to surround an opponent with the water element to try to drown them also.

"
Any of various forms of water: waste water.
Naturally occurring mineral water, as at a spa. Often used in the plural."

This implies that water, as I said before comes in many forms. To me you can use this to your advantage by creating floods on the ground, and storms in the air to give you the edge in battle.

"A body of water such as a sea, lake, river, or stream.
waters A particular stretch of sea or ocean, especially that of a state or country: escorted out of British waters."

You can use the rivers, seas, lakes, and streams and summon them to attack or go after your oppenant. People can lose their weapons with the force of the blow of the water if your lucky, a very strong attack. Also, steam from a geyser can be very damaging to a foe. Snow can make them slip and fall, where as ice can freeze them in place.

You can create many different forms of attacks ranging in power, from a simple sprinkle or bubbles to a hurricane, typhoon, flood, tsunami, or worse.

Water can also be described as a spirit. The water spirit, which water users can concentrate on with their souls to ask for aid.

There are so many other uses for water, it will take to much space, so I will leave it at that for now. That is my definition of water.

Wolve
9th February 2005, 10:23 AM
Fire: Most likely Wolve is a fire god, you could try Callisto. Armin_Sharp would also fit somewhere in the top three fire users for sure.

o.O' You're placing ME ahead of Armin, Pstr, Callisto and Fusion? *faints*

Fire: Pstr. The guy's A-MA-ZING.
Light: Absolution/Paladin. See Pstr's comment, then place it here :p
Lightning: Bad_Kharma. The comment behind Absolution goes here.
Bio: Ace ... (Or BK as a secondary)
Water: Zach. Dude... he roxx!
Spirit: Demordeth. Did you see his spellbook? *gasps*
Dark: Hysteria. This is a hard one, but the guy rocks...
Earth: greg. Simply put, he IS the best Earth Elementalist I ever saw.
Psi: The Truth. Even IF Carnage knew a lot about it, Truth still pwns him in RP'ing it :p
Spectral: Forsaken. (Sry Hysteria, you're not approved yet). His spells rock.
Phi: Carnage. Check the Elemental Competition. Lmfao @ it's powers there :p

Okay I won't do Omega, Theta, Black Scarab, Tech, Mani, etc. etc., but I WILL do Alpha.

Alpha: This is a hard one. Pstr has it and roxx, but does he really use "Alpha". I'd have to say no. I think Redeemed/Hawk would have to go here, even though I have never seen him RP with it. So: Redeemed.

DragonLord
9th February 2005, 01:37 PM
Fire: Pstr. Easy
Light: Absolution >.> <.< >.< Waddya mean I can't vote for meself? :P Legion/Angel then.
Lightning: Bad_Kharma. Well, when he actually has time to get his butt back intp RPing. . . *Runs and hides from the smiting*
Bio: Ace probably
Water: Zach. As I have said in another thread, the next Pstr he is
Spirit: Demordeth. Why? Because he's rocks, why else?
Dark: Hysteria. Oh, or Carnage
Earth: greg. Dude kicked my butt with the earth magics . . .
Psi: The Truth. yup yup
Spectral: erm . . . . I refuse to comment on an element like this. (don't get me started . . .)
Phi: Carnage.

Blankwindow
9th February 2005, 04:03 PM
something yall should know. hes not asking who is the best at rping but who is the most knowledgable at the element.

that meen who knows the most about that element and can tell you whether a skill/ability fall under the element or whatever.

not who is the best at rping or writing it in character.

Anubis
9th February 2005, 04:15 PM
So in other words, you think we should leave all this to Oak.No, I said he's the most knowledgeable roleplayer of specific elements, which is the thread's question. There's a gaping distance between the most knowledgeable and the most willing. Frankly, my five-year-old sister is quite willing, but that doesn't mean she knows shit.

Angryn3wb
9th February 2005, 04:20 PM
something yall should know. hes not asking who is the best at rping but who is the most knowledgable at the element.
I am aware, and I am sure most others are.
But you also have to look at the fact that every element has a few different "Sub-types" to it.

Example? Ace/BK's bio vs. my Bio. I belive that bio is very personal, they don't. I belive that bio includes all plants and poisonus animals - but I can't recall what they think.

I do recall that bio was originally a split from earth, but earth mages were reluctant to give up their animals and such - and the element became very confused and based around poisons and dna manipulation. I go off of that and add the original idea. They, I am sure do the same.

This can be done with most elements, theirfor roleplaying technique does come into play. Which looks more like Bio in play? Who makes Water look like Water?

etc. Sorry bout the spelling errors too lazy to put this in word, or "Go Advanced"

I was reading that and saw it was unclear. By personal I mean more manipulatin of your own body to adjust to the situation at hand. Example is Daezean he is basically twelve little charas with one personality. Based heviliy off of manipulation of the own body to transform, and then poison/plant/animal manipulation as a suplimentary.

Then again, I've always been a physical fighter, so I make the elements fit me.

Hysteria
9th February 2005, 04:36 PM
That is totally true, BK uses more poisons when he RPs with Bio, where as i always saw it as more a manipulation of plants and poison. I dont think there is one element that is clear cut for every RPer.

Marushia
9th February 2005, 04:47 PM
This can be done with most elements, theirfor roleplaying technique does come into play. Which looks more like Bio in play? Who makes Water look like Water?

Yeah, I follow the same axiom with wind and water. They are both fluids, so technically, I should be able to do the same thing with either, but I can't since that would be god-moding, so I find ways to make do with what I've got.

Zahrael
10th February 2005, 01:33 AM

First off, Anubis, Put forth some effort into understanding the element before you call it a 'bullshit' element. Ignorance is no excuse. Spectral is simply Light primary, Dark secondary, or vice versa. It is just as useable as any other combo. So lets not be asinine, Mmmmkay?

Now, Onward:

Fire: Pstr2blvia
Earth: Legion
Water: Zach
Wind: Never seen it used.
Dark: Hysteria
Lightning: Bad_Kharma
Bio: Ace_of_Spades
Psi: The Truth, without a doubt
Alpha: Hawk
Spirit: Alidheren I think. I haven't seen this element used much though.

Jin_the_Legend
10th February 2005, 01:50 AM
the most knowledgeable roleplayer of specific elements, which is the thread's question

Actually the question is...

I want to know who you believe to be the most knowledgeable in a single playable element. Not someone that knows em allÖI want to know who is the most experienced/best/informed of their particular element.

Hence why I capitalized the entire word "ONE" in the title. ONE most knowledgeable rper per element. If I didnít make that clear before, I just did now. There's a reason I only want a single rper listed under one element and just that one. It's part of my research, I won't be explaining that any further.

There's a gaping distance between the most knowledgeable and the most willing.

And you can explain that concept further in a different thread, if you like. Thereís no need to justify why you voted a certain way, I mentioned that as well in my first post. Now that you know the question of the thread either revise your current list or leave it as it is. You've made your contribution, which I appreciate; now let others have their turn. Thank you.

hes not asking who is the best at rping but who is the most knowledgable at the element.

That's correct, I am looking for the most knowledgeable rper of a single element, not the best rper of a single element. Hopefully all contributors understand this and won't confuse the two. Thank you for the reminder Blank, but like Anubis you too have made your contribution already so unless you want to revise your list, let others have their turn. Thanks for the contribution.

But you also have to look at the fact that every element has a few different "Sub-types" to it.

That is why I'm creating that list in my first post to have a couple different sources and not just one. Obviously not eveyone agrees on any Most Knowledgeable Rper for even one element.

Thanks for the example and contribution Angry but read what I had to say to Blank and Anubis.

That is totally true, BK uses more poisons when he RPs with Bio, where as i always saw it as more a manipulation of plants and poison. I dont think there is one element that is clear cut for every RPer.

Yeah, I follow the same axiom with wind and water. They are both fluids, so technically, I should be able to do the same thing with either, but I can't since that would be god-moding, so I find ways to make do with what I've got.

Hysteria and Maru, stay on topic guys. If you want to make a different thread specifically discussing what certain elements can and can't do, feel free. Just don't do it here.

You've both made your contribution so read over what I said to Anubis, Blank and Angry. Thank you.

One question I did have though was two people listed Phi as a playable element. My question is, does anyone else play with the Phi element other then Carnage? If not then I will not consider it a "playable element".

I have not updated the first post yet, however I will do so soon enough. Until then I encourage anyone that hasn't contributed yet to do so soon before I begin the next step of research, thank you.

Marushia
10th February 2005, 05:51 AM
Jin, to my knowledge, Carnage is the only one. That falls in with Omega, Black Scarab, Time, and Theta. Surely you remember that from all those discussions about the big BA Elements Tourney.

Paradise Wandering
10th February 2005, 05:56 AM
Ditto. Phi is Carnage's element, and Carnage's element alone. No one does, nor will anyone ever play with it unless by some impulsive and random act of god they are promoted to admin.

Jin_the_Legend
10th February 2005, 06:15 AM
Jin, to my knowledge, Carnage is the only one. That falls in with Omega, Black Scarab, Time, and Theta. Surely you remember that from all those discussions about the big BA Elements Tourney.

Well..don't know if you noticed smart guy, but I've been a bit preoccupied with setting up DS for quite awhile now. Having been away from BA for quite sometime is partially the reason I'm doing this. But thanks Maru and Zach for clearing it up for me.

Oh and I'm updating my first post riiiight now!

Legion
10th February 2005, 06:21 AM
Jin, nine for me for Light? >_> Even though Nesuke went and posted his opinion twice (which I hadn't counted), I can only count eight people actually saying I'm knowlegable about Light.

Jin_the_Legend
10th February 2005, 06:52 AM
Oh my gosh...no wonder why I was thinking animated spinny kicking fighters were popular. Dang it, Nesuke.....

Thanks for pointing that out to me Legion. Let me know if I screwed up somewhere else if you'd like. My brain ain't working so well at 5:50 in the morning...gah. I'll edit the correction in now.

Demordeth
10th February 2005, 07:05 AM
Ummmm Jin, hate to be a bugger but I changed my pick for the Spirit element. Yeah I chose myself, but I hope I've backed it up for ya with that exerpt. Just so nobody will say that you didn't count it right :p

Duke Manboy IV
10th February 2005, 07:31 AM
someone I forgot, who is very knowledgeable when it comes to the Earth element, is Pengamos. he's gone inactive a few weeks ago, but he still knew a crapload about it, something I have seen while trying to define the element together with him... and Jin, I thought.

Alundra
10th February 2005, 03:29 PM
Some of mine are from when I first started GUA a long time ago. I don't know how many of these people are still around, but they were the greats.

Dark: TheBadGuy
Light: the_Lorax or Legion. the_Lorax used ideas of Light I had never thought of. He deserves some credit at least. If we're going with current members, Legion.
Fire: Armin Sharp. He could easily describe the flames and the skills...just plain out great.
Wind: Hawk (from the old days)
Water: It's a toss up between Zach and DragonsPhyre, but if you broke Water down into Water and Ice, would be Zach Water. DP uses mainly Ice. If you didn't break it down, DP would win.
Earth: RedTigerFang or Pengamos
Lightning: Don't really know, haven't seen any Lightning recenetly (not paying much attention) But it's a real toss up between Bad_Kharma and Vincent07
Spirit: AliDeheren
Ice: Without a doubt, DragonsPhyre. Who has stuck with the Ice aspects since they took away Ice? DP. Who's the one that teaches primarily Ice in his dojo? DP again.

Anubis
10th February 2005, 06:33 PM
First off, Anubis... Wow, that's amazing. I'd rather shoot myself with a tranquilizer than read that again. I'm trying to maintain a positive view on humanity, but it's waning.

Ice: Without a doubt, DragonsPhyre. Who has stuck with the Ice aspects since they took away Ice? DP. Who's the one that teaches primarily Ice in his dojo? DP again.I'll go with Samurai. Go and ask him, he probably knows the most about Ice.

Daedalus
10th February 2005, 07:52 PM
An interesting thread you've created here, Jin.

Light: Legion, The_Truth, and Spectrus all immediately spring to mind. Legion really captures the 'flavor' of Light the best, in my opinion, and The_Truth is close behind and has been very influential in the development of the Light element, while Spectrus was always very realistic in his use of Light. But since it's about "most knowledgeable", presumably with respect to roleplaying, I'll go with Legion, since although Spectrus probably has more actual knowledge of how light works, Legion really knows best how to RP a Light user.

Dark: Anubis. *cough*Kil'jaeden*cough* No, but seriously; when Anubis roleplayed with Dark, you knew he was roleplaying a Dark character. And you didn't just know it like you would with anyone else; you actually got a sense of why his character was a Dark elementalist, and you understood just what the true powers and limits of the Dark element were. Everything about his roleplaying fit in with the element, and the way he used the element itself was nearly flawless.

Fire: Armin Sharp. Though I saw only a little of his roleplaying, he really captured what a Fire user should be like. He also had spells that were very 'in flavor' for Fire, even if they didn't perfectly conform to a scientific interpretation of Fire.

Wind: I couldn't say; I haven't seen enough Wind Rpers.

Water: Nox, followed closely by Zach. Both know Water very well, but I'd have to say that Nox is simply the more inventive of the two and knows the 'flavor' of water very well.

Earth: Pengamos. What can I say about Pengamos? He knew his stuff, all right. He managed to RP Earth magic in a very interesting manner, all while keeping the sense of connection with nature while still not intruding on Bio's territory.

Spirit: Demordeth. He's the only person I've seen roleplay with Spirit in a consistent manner, neither abusing its powers nor overly limiting it, all while keeping it within the limits of the Spirit element.

Bio: Angryn3wb. What can I say? This guy, like Pengamos, really knows his stuff. I agree with him entirely that Bio should be a 'personal' element (see his post for more explanation), and the way he uses it to enhance his character is incredible. Just go look at a post of his and see what I mean.

Lightning: I would vote for myself, since I think most other people go too far with lightning, except I just realized that Tau actually did some roleplaying with a Lightning/Light elementalist quite a while ago. I remember being quite impressed with his roleplaying, but also recognizing that he kept his character strictly within the bounds both of the flavor of Lightning and of the physical or scientific limitations thereof. So my vote goes to Tau.

1I won't comment on any of the 'restricted' elements, since I haven't seen them used much. I would say that Hawk is the best Alpha Rper, except I've never seen omega use Alpha, and omega taught Hawk, so I'm reserving judgement.

Angryn3wb
10th February 2005, 10:29 PM
Just go look at a post of his and see what I mean.
I dont know if I have roleplayed Ri'D on the new forum yet...

Forsaken and a friend of his broke several rules in IRC and Tau didn't do anything about it, so I simply deleted all of my posts out of that thread with Forsaken's buddy. As that is the last time I recall using Ri'D I don't know if anyone can find it.

----

Jin, you need not put me on that list, Ace has three votes more than me, it is clear he is viewed as more of an upbeat guy than me. If anyone cares, they can look at me and Ace's discussion on Bio, way back when you had people try to create a diffintion of each element.

Zahrael
10th February 2005, 11:12 PM
As I recall, I wasn't the only one breaking rules, And I also did not start that altercation, And I do Have the logs to prove it, if Tau or another Admin wants them. And aside from that, That was complete and utterspam in this thread.

Jin_the_Legend
11th February 2005, 12:36 AM
Ummmm Jin, hate to be a bugger but I changed my pick for the Spirit element. Yeah I chose myself, but I hope I've backed it up for ya with that exerpt. Just so nobody will say that you didn't count it right

Its fine others have voted for themself and not provided any proof whatsoever and I still gave them the benefit of the doubt and counted them. You at least provided a link to a freakin huge ass spell list. :)

But as for your vote, originally you voted for Hoax and yourself correct? If so then I need to edit one off of Hoax's. You can either post the answer here or over pm, doesn't matter.

someone I forgot, who is very knowledgeable when it comes to the Earth element, is Pengamos. he's gone inactive a few weeks ago, but he still knew a crapload about it, something I have seen while trying to define the element together with him... and Jin, I thought.

I'm glad you remember the old thread Peng, Red, myself and you worked on. However...you didn't make it clear if you were recommending either one of us, Peng or me. Just need some clarification. Thanks.

It's a toss up between Zach and DragonsPhyre, but if you broke Water down into Water and Ice, would be Zach Water. DP uses mainly Ice. If you didn't break it down, DP would win.

Ice is no longer a playable element and most of you guys knew that already, so stop posting non playable elements please. Hell, I even knew that!

An interesting thread you've created here, Jin.

Thank ya kind sir.

Jin, you need not put me on that list, Ace has three votes more than me, it is clear he is viewed as more of an upbeat guy than me. If anyone cares, they can look at me and Ace's discussion on Bio, way back when you had people try to create a diffintion of each element.

As I mentioned earlier I didn't expect to get just one rper listed under each element. Just because you don't have as many votes as someone else doesn't mean you've been cut. I'll be able to continue my research based off this rper pool that's being created. Which will be closing in a matter of days, so anyone else that wants to contribute...now's your last chance.

And whatever this argument is with you and Forsaken take it over pm or some other thread. I'm talkin to BOTH of you. Cut the crap.

I'll tally in the newest votes now.

Edit: first post updated.

I also went back and subtracted Nesuke first post. Because he double posted. I fixed Legions last night but not the others Nesuke voted for twice....

No freakin double voting for krine out loud.

Demordeth
11th February 2005, 05:17 AM
Alright, I've changed it. I don't doubt that Hoax knows a shitload about Spirit but... so do I, to an extent. So my vote for Spirit is Demordeth. I also edited it in my first post.

Hysteria
11th February 2005, 06:47 AM
Hey, are you counting all of the votes or just the first prefferences?

I would like to change my vote for Bio to just Ace. While i think BK is a good Bio user, i think that Ace encompases the element better with his range of spells.

Marushia
11th February 2005, 06:48 AM
So when are we gonna find out the master plan you've got going here, Jin? I mean, you clearly aren't doing this for your health.

Flippin
11th February 2005, 09:50 AM
I would have to say Me. Not for all of them but for all the basic playable ones. And unless someone has gone and changed the extra elements as well, then I'd be up there with being one of the most knowledgeable with them too.

Mwahaha, some of the people you listed as being all knowing of elements, just arent, but yeah thats really up to you.

And if I have to pick one element, make it fire.

DragonLord
11th February 2005, 12:46 PM
Nothing like humility and modesty in the forum is there . . . .

Jin, sorry chap, but I'd like ta change my vote pls. Spirit to AliDheren instead. :)

Angryn3wb
11th February 2005, 03:05 PM
As I mentioned earlier I didn't expect to get just one rper listed under each element. Just because you don't have as many votes as someone else doesn't mean you've been cut.
I wasn't refering to being "cut." I was "asking" to be removed, stating that if anyone wants to know how I feel about bio they can located the thread that me and Ace Discussed bio in way back when "we" (as in gua memebers, whom you led) tried to overhaul the system.

Yet, if it is important that I remain on the list, then leave me.

I would have to say Me. Not for all of them but for all the basic playable ones
He asked you to say why you would be good in an element. And I imagine you are not as good as you think you are, because I have never noted you as a great - to my knowledge.

Nothing like humility and modesty in the forum is there . . . .
Vanity is a virtue, not a vice.

Wow, that's amazing. I'd rather shoot myself with a tranquilizer than read that again. I'm trying to maintain a positive view on humanity, but it's waning.
Agreed.

Fallen
11th February 2005, 04:39 PM
Dark:Hysteria
Light:Legion
Fire:Armin Sharp
Wind: Oak
Water:Oceana
Earth: Greg
Lightning: Bad_Khrama
Bio:Ace_of_Spades
Psi:Carnage
Alpha:Omega

These are my choices, based on what I have seen of their knowledge of the elements when RPing.

And when the fuck I get a vote? Meh crazy people..

Jin_the_Legend
12th February 2005, 07:06 AM
So when are we gonna find out the master plan you've got going here, Jin? I mean, you clearly aren't doing this for your health.

When? When I'm finished with my research. :) And you never know, I may be doing this for my health.

Yet, if it is important that I remain on the list, then leave me.

Thanks, I will.

He asked you to say why you would be good in an element.

Others have done the same thing, so as you can see not all people read the entire 1st post in a thread or just simply forget about portions of the first post. At any rate I"ve included everyone that's voted for themselves with or without proof. The votes however don't lie, they show me who is most knowledgeable in an element. Or who is most widely known for being the most knowledgeable in a single element. Members with lower scores simply means I'll have to do some more research outside of this thread to figure them out. It's not a problem.

Wow, that's amazing. I'd rather shoot myself with a tranquilizer than read that again. I'm trying to maintain a positive view on humanity, but it's waning.

Agreed.

Wow, the first time I read this it was spam and it hasn't changed any bit when you "agreed" to it. I don't really care if you agreed with the response in the first place. Yours or anybodies view on humanity does not bleong in this freakin thread. You want to talk about something boring you read or didn't like reading...Do it somewhere else.

I"ve gathered enough info, to continue my research so Hoax or some other Chat Corner Mod, please close this thread.

*Btw all votes have been updated. Thanks for contributing all of ya guys.

For the reading..impaired:

Voting is Closed! Don't Post here. Your Votes will not be calculated in.

Hoax
12th February 2005, 07:43 AM
closed by request - Hoax