PDA

View Full Version : Battle.net goes waay to slow

EcKoGaNgSTa
6th February 2005, 03:34 PM
Everyone (hopefully) knows the game Diablo II.

Well ive always played it and its always gone smooth and never lagged. I mean its not even a new game with great graphics so its not like it should lag in the first place. Lately (a month) its been going fine in game except:
(im playing battle.net)

When I double click a game it takes a long time just to get to the loading page (loading page=when the hood guy is waiting for the door to open)

Entering a townportal takes forever, and by the time I go into it it lagged so much I died and lost experience (sucks to be in the 80's lvls and die)

Leaving the game is the worst of all. It literally takes up to minute to just get back to the chatroom page. After I escape it freezes for a good 15 seconds, then the screen goes black for a good 25 seconds, and then finally im on the main page again. And by this time the Chaos Run is already full.

I hate this. Whats going on?
I ran a Spybot Search & Destroy and killed all the stuff already. The Slow shit still happens. I got rid of other games that take up space on my computer (Halo Combat Evolved, Starcraft Broodwar, Gunbound) And still, it goes slow.

Any1 think they know whats going on? Ive never lagged like this before.

McFuz2
6th February 2005, 04:03 PM
whats youre connection? if its 56k yorue asking for trouble. anyway, alot of people myself included have been ahving alto of trouble with dsl recently. is youre internet slow in general?

anyway, they laucnhed wow so i doubt they are paying much heed to d2 anymore.

if the problem is isolated solely on the game, then either they cut back on servers, or everyone is using bots and duping and hacking because they dont care anymore, or i dunno something else.

unless yorue cmop is in general getting slow, or the internet is slow then its not a problem on youre end.

there is one general thing though, you could reinstall the game. i really doubt it will help but hey, it might.

seta
6th February 2005, 05:49 PM
You ever enter their support channel and asked them questions about it? I'm sure they have a cure.

EcKoGaNgSTa
6th February 2005, 07:39 PM
First off---

I use a Cable Modem? (i know nothing about computers so i dont know what 56K is, Sad right? :))

And... yes they do care about other games. Theyre making a new patch for STARCRAFT! which is their 3rd oldest game.
2nd... No, its virtually impossible to dupe-hack on Diablo 2 or Expansion, no one can do it anymore after the latest patch. The only hacks are Map-Hack and See whatother people wear-Hack. Not that bad.

Well anyway- Ill try that tech.support channel.

p.s.- WC sux

edit- yes everything else goes lightning fast except diablo.
2nd edit- no, support/help channel does not work. they dont do anything about it.

EcKoGaNgSTa
13th February 2005, 02:59 PM
Anyone else want to help plz?*bump*

It seems like its just getting worse now...

retarded_archer
13th February 2005, 09:56 PM
Battle.net works FINE for me. But starcrat doesent. My warcraft3 runs smooth. Yet my sc?

I think I know the problem. Hardware conflicts. Maybe one of your hardware cant handle with another. Thus slowing things down.