PDA

View Full Version : Monitor

Intel_Hydralisk
6th February 2005, 10:55 AM
Humm. I'm having monitor issues. @60 Hz, there are two slow moving dark "lines" that move from the top of the screen to the bottom and cycle like that. It's not hugely noticeable, but it's there nonetheless (it's more noticeable with different backgrounds etc.). At anything above 60 Hz (75,72,70), I can notice quick horizontal lines that flicker. Now, I don't think it's the refresh rate of the monitor that's making it flicker, as the human eye can't really detect anything above 65 Hz. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Perad
6th February 2005, 11:22 AM
Have you checked the connection, it sounds like a problem with the way you have connected it to the computer, instead of the screen. Common problems with the screen mainly involve shadows, or black patches, or them not switching on at all.

This sounds more like something to do with the graphics card. or the connection to it.

Intel_Hydralisk
6th February 2005, 11:41 AM
I'm running two GeForce 6800 GT's. My monitor has a VGA cord and is connected to the top graphics card through a DVI adapter. I turned SLI off and it still did the flickering business. Right now, I have SLI on. I'm wondering whether or not the adapter has anything to do with it.

Skittles
10th February 2005, 06:39 PM
does you monitor have a degause option on it? If it does you might want to try that.

The only other thing that i can think of is that your monitor is going out on you.

Intel_Hydralisk
10th February 2005, 08:17 PM
does you monitor have a degause option on it? If it does you might want to try that.

The only other thing that i can think of is that your monitor is going out on you.

I don't think it has a degause option.. and I got my monitor last November :slant:

TheOne
11th February 2005, 04:34 AM
Sounds like Either Latency or an incorrect setting.

The last time I remember something like that was back on the old T.Vs with the V.Scroll or something like that.

Have you tried messing with other settings other than the refresh rate?