PDA

View Full Version : Age 4 Faq!

whirlwind
5th February 2005, 07:44 AM
As im sure some of you will have heard, age 4 is just around the corner. To avoid lots of threads asking individual questions this thread will contain all the information we know about age 4 at the current time (mods etc please add any points i miss).

When Does age 4 start?
Age 4 will be starting in about a two weeks. It will not start this weekend, but may start next weekend, and if not, the weekend after.

This is a recent quote from Nick, the KoC Administrator:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. As for when Age 4 will begin...

it will be a weekend this month.
it will probably be in the next two weekends.
no matter what, it will happen over a weekend.

What happens at the start of a new age?
Basically the whole game will reset, giving everyone a fair start at winning the age.

What will happen to my soldiers/weapons/gold?
If the pattern of previous ages is continued all of your soldiers weapons and gold will reset, along with your fortifications, and unit production, everybody will start with the same stats.
For example from age 3:
Gold: 1000
Men: 1
Weapons: 0
Fortification: Camp
Spy Level: 1
Unit Production: 1

Can i change my race?
You can change your race, you will get the option of doing this when you re-activate/recreate your account.

Will I keep my old commander?
You will keep your old commander as long as you reactivate your old account and so do they, you will keep your officers, or not so in the same way.

Will i get my commander change option back?
As far as we know you will have your one (or more) commander change back when the new age starts.

Where can i add my input to the new age?
If you want to contribute to the suggestions to the admins for the new age you can post in the stickied thread in the throne room: http://www.giveupalready.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39 please do not create your own threads about age 4 suggestions, as they will be ignored.

Is there anywhere else?
Yes there is you can vote in the official age 4 poll here: http://www.giveupalready.com/age4poll.php

I need an alliance for Age 4, where do I go?
Please don't start new threads. Just go here, and find an alliance that suits your needs: http://www.giveupalready.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40
How do I know what criteria to judge an alliance by? Go here, and this guide will help you: http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=46
This is an excellent thread, although the alliance history section has not been updated in 6 months, and the alliances mentioned specifically have changed. (VegnaBlitz wrote the original Histories thread that it was attached to.)

Any other questions? Please pm a koc moderator, the list if found on the forum display page, or under Kingsofchaos Moderators on the list found here: http://www.giveupalready.com/kingsofchaosgroups.php

Enjoy Age 4

Blitz
5th February 2005, 08:30 AM
An excellent guide. Please look through it carefully before making new threads asking questions, as you will probably find your answers here. (I will link to it in my signature, and hope others do the same. This will help new players find it.)

why_not
5th February 2005, 08:31 AM
Gold: 1000
Men: 1
Weapons: 0
Fortification: Camp
Spy Level: 1
Unit Production: 1 ( i think )

on age 3 everyone started with 50,000 gold, not 1,000 and with no upgrade, so no covert skill lvl. for unit porduction you're right, the minimum is 1

Blitz
5th February 2005, 09:21 AM
on age 3 everyone started with 50,000 gold, not 1,000 and with no upgrade, so no covert skill lvl. for unit porduction you're right, the minimum is 1
There was a glitch in which people who registered on Day 1 or so got 1,000 gold, and at a certain point later on players started to receive 50,000 gold. Or maybe this was an attempt by the admins to give starting players a little helping hand, as opposed to a distinct disadvantage. A good call, if that was the reason.

Zap
5th February 2005, 09:25 AM
There was a glitch in which people who registered on Day 1 or so got 1,000 gold, and at a certain point later on players started to receive 50,000 gold. Or maybe this was an attempt by the admins to give starting players a little helping hand, as opposed to a distinct disadvantage. A good call, if that was the reason.

it was changed by to admins to 50.000 gold when this age began, began to play age 3, two weeks after it began, and I started out with 50.000 gold

elalb
5th February 2005, 09:28 AM
When i started i had 1 unit production.

This isnt something we are debating ~ whirlwind

why_not
5th February 2005, 01:53 PM
yeah elelb, minimum unit production is one.

FiT-VegnaBlitz, so you say that if you start an age in the first day you'll got 1,000 gold and if you start later they give you more gold?

minhan
5th February 2005, 02:54 PM
FiT-VegnaBlitz, so you say that if you start an age in the first day you'll got 1,000 gold and if you start later they give you more gold?

I think they will give you 50.000 gold at once, maybe with age 3 it was a bug...

but is age 4 starting in 2 weeks??? is that really confirmed???

Deathwantsme
5th February 2005, 07:28 PM
age4 is not truly confirmed, but nick the admin is saying HE wants to start it next weekend or the weekend after. The other admins need to ok it as well, and if they dont, no age4 yet.

whirlwind
6th February 2005, 03:35 AM
Can i just clear up this is not a thread for discussing when age 4 starts, or what will happen.. if you wish to post in this thread, only do it if you are adding something to the FAQ and not just to discuss what you want in age 4... for those threads please go to the throne room.

Phyrus
7th February 2005, 09:46 PM
unit production has always started at 0 for every age. you have to upgrade it to lvl 1 to get it going. as for army size upon start, i dont remember even starting with 1 soldier, you never get your account going until first click of unique link starts getting you soldiers and your first lot of TBG.

Deathwantsme
7th February 2005, 10:59 PM
That wasnt how it was when i joined the game, i got 50k and 1 soldier and i could still click my link. guess the people from the last age get a slight disadvantage except the whole keep officers thing because new players wont have any officers.

PanthersRule
8th February 2005, 10:38 PM
i joined half way through Age 3 and i had 100k and no unit production

Jedi
10th February 2005, 08:54 PM
unit production has always started at 0 for every age. you have to upgrade it to lvl 1 to get it going. as for army size upon start, i dont remember even starting with 1 soldier, you never get your account going until first click of unique link starts getting you soldiers and your first lot of TBG.

Tyrus, I beg to differ. I have unit production of 1 since the beginning. If you analyze my previous posts, I don't want unit production, if possible I want to set it to zero but everyday one pops up like mushroom. For personal reasons, I prefer to have very low TBG.

Everyone starts off with 50,000 gold, 1 untrained soldier, 20 attack turns and 1 unit production.

Phyrus
10th February 2005, 10:54 PM
Tyrus, I beg to differ. I have unit production of 1 since the beginning. If you analyze my previous posts, I don't want unit production, if possible I want to set it to zero but everyday one pops up like mushroom. For personal reasons, I prefer to have very low TBG.

Everyone starts off with 50,000 gold, 1 untrained soldier, 20 attack turns and 1 unit production.

disregard my post, ive come to realise that unit production automatically starts at 1 per day instead of 0.

Cadawg
11th February 2005, 08:11 AM
Can i change my race?
You can change your race, you will get the option of doing this when you re-activate/recreate your account.

I was wondering if this will also be where we can change our name too?

Cadawg

Jedi
11th February 2005, 05:01 PM
Can i change my race?

I was wondering if this will also be where we can change our name too?

Cadawg

Last time (Age 3 Beta and the old ages) there was a facility for users to rename your account and it was accessible through the command center.

In the old times (before KOC introduced the join commander feature), when you want to join a chain of command using the same name, you need to rename your account name preferably with a suffix - e.g. preferredname_DELETE. Then you delete the account and join your new commander with your preferred name.

Now, I don't think it is possible because the user can simply ditch commander or abandon/delete the account and recreate a new one. You cannot rename your account name using the Reset Account option.

maverick
11th February 2005, 09:29 PM
will the ranks get reseted in age4?how much gold and soldiers will we start by?

Gotjen
12th February 2005, 03:10 AM
will the ranks get reseted in age4?how much gold and soldiers will we start by?

all ranks will be reset, and as far as I know it's still unknown how much gold & soldiers we'll start with

whirlwind
12th February 2005, 04:48 AM
it is most likely that the same as age 3 we will start with what is shown in the post at the top.. somewhere between 1000-50000 gold is normal.

darkbluesea
12th February 2005, 09:43 AM
officers & sub officers shoudl be reseted 2.

maverick
12th February 2005, 11:28 AM
most probably the new age will start on the 19th.an age stays for how many yearrs?

Cadawg
13th February 2005, 10:01 AM
So how do I change my name?
Cadawg

master_prince
13th February 2005, 01:16 PM
an age doesn't last even a year.. this beta will probably last about 3 or 4 months..
age4 will go on a bit longer...maybe 6 or so.. but the admins can really tell approve of that!

whirlwind
13th February 2005, 02:12 PM
I have already said once this thread is not for spam and not for suggestions, only facts or relevent questions that have not been answered yet.... anymore of the spam, warnings will be issued

Diaboli
14th February 2005, 01:59 PM
ok well since you posted on Febuary 5th that it will not be that weekend or next (the 12th and 13th) then it has to be next weekend according to your information, so it must be the weeknd of the 19th and 20th

can someone confirm this for me?

Gotjen
14th February 2005, 03:06 PM
posted on koc homepage:

February 14, 2005

This coming Saturday, February 19, will mark the end of Age 3. The following day, Sunday, February 20, Age 4 will begin. All accounts will be deactivated and made active again upon first login in the new Age. Chains of command will be maintained (but officers will have the option to choose a new commander if they wish). Army size will be reset and armories will be emptied.

Age 4 will feature mostly minor bugfixes and adjustments over Age 3. There will be no major alerations of the game dynamics. Some of the specific smaller changes that will be made include:

* Improved countermeasures against autobuyers
* Adjustments to unit production
* Allow two commander changes during the Age instead of just one
* Searchable attack and intelligence logs
* Repair All option in armory
* Allow outbound personal messages to be deleted

Katsuchiyo_
14th February 2005, 03:12 PM
Yep, it has been announced.

Yet they call it Age IV, not Age IV BETA.... am i looking too deep into things?

Zap
14th February 2005, 03:17 PM
yes I saw it too, the word spreads out fast, I have also updated my little sig ;)

I wounder if they have changed the start out when you begin a new age (gold soldiers etc)

RunningManiac
14th February 2005, 06:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone knew what TIME on saturday night or Sunday morning the new age was going to be launched...or has anyone said? If it's midnight; is that midnight over in Europe or midnight here or what?

Thanks in advance! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT AGE!

Danielf
14th February 2005, 06:28 PM
Apparently KOC runs on EST, if that helps.
It might be 12 midnight on Saturday by EST then.

Deathmutant
14th February 2005, 06:35 PM
if ya dont want citizens then attack some one with no armor on your untrained guy he will bite the dust lol

maverick
15th February 2005, 05:09 AM
when is fucking age 4 starting

Gotjen
15th February 2005, 07:13 AM
when is fucking age 4 starting

try reading the thread before posting for a change. Not only did I make a post about it on page 3, it was posted on the koc home page ;) but I'll post it again to save you the aweful trouble of looking on the pevious page:

This coming Saturday, February 19, will mark the end of Age 3. The following day, Sunday, February 20, Age 4 will begin. All accounts will be deactivated and made active again upon first login in the new Age. Chains of command will be maintained (but officers will have the option to choose a new commander if they wish). Army size will be reset and armories will be emptied.

Age 4 will feature mostly minor bugfixes and adjustments over Age 3. There will be no major alerations of the game dynamics. Some of the specific smaller changes that will be made include:

* Improved countermeasures against autobuyers
* Adjustments to unit production
* Allow two commander changes during the Age instead of just one
* Searchable attack and intelligence logs
* Repair All option in armory
* Allow outbound personal messages to be deleted

whirlwind
15th February 2005, 09:50 AM
ok this is all age 4 chat,, and should be in the thread in the great halll... questions in here... disucssion in there.

maverick
16th February 2005, 09:06 AM
wat do u mean:
1. by autobuyers?
2.Searchable attack and intelligence logs
3.Allow outbound personal messages to be deleted

u r such an asshole

i thought this thread was officially closed

rougeassasin
16th February 2005, 11:44 AM
autobuyers are used to buy wepons when your not on your computer, it means you never have any gold t be stolen

im guesing you will be able to spy to find out peoples spy and intelligence logs (may be wrong)

and deleting your outbound messages is exactly what it says, you can delete the messages in your outbox (there annoying just sitting there)

and to be fair, you asked a stupid querstion so you cant get that annoyed at him

Falc0St0rm
16th February 2005, 07:18 PM
2.Searchable attack and intelligence logs

when you have sabbed hundreds of people than it is a pain to sort through the logs to find you intell on one person. they wil make so you can search through them alot easier.

Falc0

maverick
17th February 2005, 02:27 AM
how do u get autobuyers?

gold transfer shud take place even between commanders and officers

Phyrus
17th February 2005, 03:10 AM

Everyone gets reset

how do u get autobuyers?

You cant get AB's just like that. Besides, if you encounter opportunities to get one, report the promoter to rocco@kingsofchaos.com rather than try to obtain it.

gold transfer shud take place even between commanders and officers

if this is a suggestion, have this going in throne room instead as it will serve no purpose here.

rougeassasin
17th February 2005, 04:59 AM

I think what darkbluesea ment was that the command chains should be broken up at the beginning of next age

impossible
17th February 2005, 11:11 AM
"It might be 12 midnight on Saturday by EST then." is there any one who knows what time is it starts ?

skeletons_warriors
17th February 2005, 09:33 PM
Why cant we have autobuyers, some of the people playing cant be on and dont have other spending there money and the autobuyer doese this for us. And now you are going to take this one little thing away from us this really suck.

fury
17th February 2005, 09:46 PM
If you can't be on all the time, then get a better defense. Don't ruin it for others because you can't stand to lose gold. Running an autobuyer or having banking friends means you never have gold for others to steal. That's why there are rules against both, because it makes it unfair.

Deathwantsme
17th February 2005, 09:59 PM
will your unique id reset and require you ro re-register on any clicker/recruiter you are on or make a new name if they dont let you change your link?

fury
17th February 2005, 10:05 PM
Unique IDs have traditionally been reset over the change of an age. Depending on the recruiter you may need to reregister or simply reinput your name and unique ID

Deathwantsme
17th February 2005, 10:07 PM
thanks for the quick reply.

firebirdchris
19th February 2005, 04:44 AM
its easy to restart even in the middle but being at the top is hard when everyone wants you down so they on top then once they there half want half dont want you up there

maverick
19th February 2005, 05:10 AM
how long will an age stay for?

Zap
19th February 2005, 05:15 AM
how long will an age stay for?

an age last for 5-6 months approx

maverick
19th February 2005, 10:40 AM
thanx a bunch.cud u help me wid recruiters?

Deathwantsme
19th February 2005, 10:55 AM
The site is now down, does anyone know what timezone that happened for?

Danielf
19th February 2005, 05:06 PM
apparently it was going to be EST, but im not so sure now.
I'm just going to wait and see.

Katsuchiyo_
19th February 2005, 05:26 PM
The KoC site closed at officially 12:00 noon today.

PolarBearWY
19th February 2005, 07:59 PM
Why cant we have autobuyers, some of the people playing cant be on and dont have other spending there money and the autobuyer doese this for us. And now you are going to take this one little thing away from us this really suck.

I'm sure you will be flamed a' plenty for this, but I'll jump in too.

Imagine if everyone used autobuyers. What would that mean? That would mean NO ONE would have any gold sitting around. There would be no reason to attack. Auto buyers destroy the game.

I just hope that whatever they do to protect the game from cheaters (autobuyers) doesn't slow up the buying process much. It'll suck to selll millions in knives to buy an upgrade, only to have it snatched up because it takes a few extra seconds to buy the upgrade.

Drake_Majere
19th February 2005, 08:03 PM
wat time (GMT) does age 4 start, coz i gotta add 10 hours coz i live in australia

Enj0y-
19th February 2005, 09:08 PM
wat time (GMT) does age 4 start, coz i gotta add 10 hours coz i live in australia

no one knows...soon i hope

maverick
19th February 2005, 10:01 PM
has the age 4 started coz whenever i go on kingsofchaos.com it say ,"age 3 ahs ended age4 will start tommorow

Xer0n
19th February 2005, 10:07 PM
has the age 4 started coz whenever i go on kingsofchaos.com it say ,"age 3 ahs ended age4 will start tommorow ... it hasnt started yet.. i dont think anyone know exactly the time when it will start

ace0snipe
19th February 2005, 10:38 PM
if it closed at noon EST saturday, i think itll open noon est sunday. does any one know if the recruter credit system is reset too??? i have like 2000 credit i hope i dont loose them :S

Gudsforladt
19th February 2005, 10:43 PM
hrmm when did it go down? here in New Zealand it 6:45 and ive been waiting the past 4 hours :S

Kerberos
19th February 2005, 10:53 PM
if it closed at noon EST saturday, i think itll open noon est sunday. does any one know if the recruter credit system is reset too??? i have like 2000 credit i hope i dont loose them :S

This is completely up to the clan that controls the recruiter. However, I have not heard of any recruiters that will carry over the click credits to age 4 so I think you are out of luck.

nomad_tr
20th February 2005, 03:18 AM
Age 3 has ended. Age 4 will begin Sunday evening.

what is this??

is this evening for gmt or for USA?

we all KanKardesligi members did not sleep here to catch the new age.....we r gonna sleep now:)
its 1pm here....and we are still waiting for that EVENİNG

king of lost faith
20th February 2005, 03:33 AM
i live in belgium, so GMT+1....
and indeed, what evening ? GMT, GMT+1,GMT+2...
i would really like to know, because i want to start clicking immediatley after the age started...

laura_lover
20th February 2005, 04:17 AM
The evening of EST

as someone posted in the thread earlier, it went down at noon EST and so it will probably start again at noon EST

for anyone who doesnt know timezones:

EST is 5 hours behind GMT time so it will start again at 5.00pm GMT with any luck

Yooper
20th February 2005, 05:44 AM
sounds like fun :whistilin

wolf_striker
20th February 2005, 05:53 AM
The evening of EST

as someone posted in the thread earlier, it went down at noon EST and so it will probably start again at noon EST

for anyone who doesnt know timezones:

EST is 5 hours behind GMT time so it will start again at 5.00pm GMT with any luck

Laura_lover is right as to the expected return time Age 4.

nomad_tr
20th February 2005, 06:10 AM
but they say sunday evening so it will begin in the evening for EST so i think 1 am for GMT+2

PrinceDestruction
20th February 2005, 06:12 AM
the admins hav ebeen known to start ages semi-late at night....9pm-12am est

they are saying evening but for all we know it could be again bet ween 9pm and 12am lol

^^
im guessing its gonna start aroudn 7pm est...

Gudsforladt
20th February 2005, 06:21 AM
at that in GMT +12hrs is ? now? Start now! *cries* i cant get to sleep its nearly monday

CLOUD
20th February 2005, 06:28 AM
yeah, it wont be noon, get some rest, every age started after 6 i believe

AGA
20th February 2005, 06:39 AM
Oh my isnt it hard to be forced into getting a life even just for a day (sigh)
Hmmm should I get a life or should I just play BLOX puzzle?

Cmon guys get the damn game going or at least post the rankings page so we have something to stare at for the time being.

dmc
20th February 2005, 06:44 AM
When the clock hits 16:00 in new york its

Belgium - Netherlands 22:00:00
U.K. - England - 21:00:00
Sydney (Australia) Monday 08:00:00
India Monday 02:30:00

Just to let u know :)

nomad_tr
20th February 2005, 06:55 AM
look what they have done!!we r all asleep and still waiting for the age:)my god what a game this is!!!

laura_lover
20th February 2005, 07:51 AM
i hope its before 00.00 GMT (19.00 EST) because then i can atleast activate my account. if not il have to stay up for a while and just be a zombie at college... not much change there though lol

SuNNYHeirReborn3
20th February 2005, 08:15 AM
I gotta gree - darn tuff waiting 4 Age IV

cumon - bring it on...lol

King_Of_Hearts
20th February 2005, 08:24 AM
That poll is just WRONG! Everyone just voted for the first answer they see.

TKoH-Borg
20th February 2005, 08:50 AM
i hope its before 00.00 GMT (19.00 EST) because then i can atleast activate my account. if not il have to stay up for a while and just be a zombie at college... not much change there though lol
it should be sunday (this sunday)
like 17:00 gmt
not 00.00 gmt. then i would be asleep!! NOOO NOT THEN!!
or atleast before 21:00 gmt, then i would be able to login to my account!

Krystin
20th February 2005, 09:53 AM
Closing this...Whrilwind you can split this later ... There are two posts on what time the new age will begin already in two forums in KOC...talking about when it's going to start on this thread is redundant and since I am not in the mood to hand out 30 F**** warnings I am closing this thread.