Dark-Chaos
8th September 2004, 08:24 AM
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star End of the Millenium
Phantasy Star Gaiden
Phantasy Star Adventures
Great games for the early Sega consoles.

I, II and III got rereleased on GBA. In a while SEGA are going top release I-IV in a SEGA ages pack. With that PSI will have updated graphics and anime cut scenes.

Among the games are Phantasy Star Online
verisons 1.0, 2.0, Epsiode 1 & 2, Episode 3, Blue Burst and another I can't reclall.

If theres any fans of this series then post. Maybe theres alot of us... I hope there are. -_-

mad ace
8th September 2004, 11:44 AM
I'm not such a great fan of this , prefering final fantasy instead and maybe because i only have 1,2 and 3 (i think) only completed 3 as the first 2 were way too slow for my liking but the 3rd was good (assuming its the one with chaz? as the main hero).

_outlaw
8th September 2004, 04:22 PM
i liked Phantasy Star online the first time i played through it... the repetition got to me though :(

Dark-Chaos
10th September 2004, 06:55 PM
Phantasy Star 2 was the one with Chaz. At the begining you are accompined by Nei (one of my all time favorite Phantasy Star Characters... WHY'D SHE HAVE TO... um, won't spoil).

3 was seen as a let down, no prfound Darkness, No Dark Falz/Force.
The random encounter rate was too high for it to be sane.

But its best point was story.

4, is seen as one of the best of all time.
and the two game gear games never got out of japan one of them lets Aaisa join you, Alisa being Alis from PS1 (stupid four character limit in the names).

Phantasy Star set new rules in RPG's when it was made. No game before it had a Female character in the lead role... and not as a sex or high romantic icon. Thats the most noticeible one... but nowaday's people overlook that fact because their used to it.

Phantasy Star is the world only TRUE contender with Final Fantasy. And with a New Phantasy Star game being made... FULL 3D, NOT a PS Online. It's defintly gonna be giving FF a real run for it money for the first time in years.

Vengis Tusk
11th September 2004, 11:44 AM
Ive really enjoyed all the Phantasy Star games, especially 4, dang I cant get enough of that one. The third was a big let down for me, yet I played throught it, and there was some enjoyable times. I actually thought that the third one was older than the second, I just thought that the graphics and gameplay looked ALOT older than that of 2.

Dark-Chaos
12th September 2004, 10:54 AM
Understandible.
Infact I belive 3 wasn't the official 3. It was not made by the original creator, so 4 (End of the Millineum) was really 3. But they didn't want to confuse people so they called it EoM. But you can put 3 into timeline with 4, and 4 dose seem to reconise 3 at some points (like when you visit the crashed ship early in the game).

If someone could confirm that it would be great.